BUILT
Upper Harbour Place II
Use: office
Address: 655 Tyee Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Upper Harbour Place II is a five-storey, 98,000 square foot office building along the 600-block of Tyee Road i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Upper Harbour Place II on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Upper Harbour Place office | 5- and 4-storeys | Built - completed in 2007

Office Commercial

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:09 AM

Bala fitness club locks doors

Loraine White, CEO and president, said, "Bala Fitness is currently closed. We are in negotiation with another chain of clubs."

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#22 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

Apparently GoodLife Fitness has taken over the lease and reopened the gym this morning.

#23 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

The four-storey first phase appears to be undergoing exterior maintenance on the southeast size.

I wonder what could be wrong with such a new building?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#24 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

That's an Allied Glass truck, maybe it is just a problem with a difficult-to-access window(s).

#25 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:43 PM

Right, I forgot about the Allied Glass pickup and didn't even notice the name when I posted the photo.

I did notice when I walked past that one of the grey panels had been removed. You can see the exposed "under panel" (I don't know what to call it) facing Dockside Green along the top row of panels. It might be difficult to make out, but it appears recessed compared to the others.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#26 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:59 PM

There were condos in Sidney about 15 years ago that all the windows installed backwards, and there was a bit of a leakage situation.

#27 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,510 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

I worked at the Tyee location up until 2008 when I was still with Coast Capital.

It was not terribly uncommon for (water) seepage/leakage to occur through the windows especially on the portions of the building where they joined at a 90 degree angle; that I can recall it occurred at least twice during the run up to the period the IT group was moving into the building in spring/summer. The issue manifested itself particularly in the aftermath of a prolonged rainy spell especially if accompanied by high winds. Presume by now that problem would be addressed, but perhaps not.....

#28 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

We've received word that 655 Tyee, or Upper Harbour Place II, has sold to Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada and marks the return of Sun Life back to the Victoria market as a landlord.

Know it all.

#29 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

CEI Architecture is looking to sublease their 5,300 square foot second floor office at Upper Harbour Place II (the five storey building). It is unclear whether or not CEI will remain in the building and occupy a portion of the floor or whether they will vacate. The lease is for a fully furnished space so it sounds like they're either closing their Victoria office or looking to downsize into a small satellite office space elsewhere.

Meanwhile the unit formerly occupied by Westbank to showcase both Shutters and Parc Residences on the south side of phase I's ground floor remains for lease and has sat empty since Westbank vacated well over five years ago.

Know it all.

#30 Brick and Mortar

Brick and Mortar
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

CEI Architecture is looking to sublease their 5,300 square foot second floor office at Upper Harbour Place II (the five storey building). It is unclear whether or not CEI will remain in the building and occupy a portion of the floor or whether they will vacate. The lease is for a fully furnished space so it sounds like they're either closing their Victoria office or looking to downsize into a small satellite office space elsewhere.

Meanwhile the unit formerly occupied by Westbank to showcase both Shutters and Parc Residences on the south side of phase I's ground floor remains for lease and has sat empty since Westbank vacated well over five years ago.

CEI is looking to downsize to less then 1/2 of their current footprint.

#31 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

Thank you for the clarification.

Know it all.

#32 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 23 March 2019 - 05:32 AM

Goodlife Fitness to shutter Vic West gym after a decade of operations
https://victoria.cit...-of-operations/
Know it all.

#33 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 08:35 AM

🔹 Lost Foundry/Fukushima Rising art exhibit taking over Vic West office space🔹

The Upper Harbour Place office complex along Vic West’s Tyee Road will feature an art exhibition from artist Jeremy Borsos will feature a portion of a former Victoria foundry building. The exhibit opens tomorrow. More from Reliance Properties, which has made the exhibition space available:

Reliance Properties is expanding its commitment to Victoria’s arts and culture community by donating space for a free public arts exhibit with historic significance. Lost Foundry/Fukushima Rising is a collaborative exhibition that will be displayed starting this Friday in a vacant space at Upper Harbour Place, a pair of office buildings that Reliance bought recently.

“We have long been supporters of arts and culture in the communities in which we build,” said Jon Stovell, president & CEO of Reliance Properties. “Art gives communities a unique identity, it starts conversations, it brings people together – the value of which is immeasurable.”

The Lost Foundry installation by Jeremy Borsos is a massive 38-foot portion of the historic Victoria Foundries building façade that he acquired in 1996 when the building was demolished. It has sat under his house – numbered and documented – for 30 years. The dramatic red display will look across the Upper Harbour to the original site of the foundry which is visible through the floor-to-ceiling windows. Fukushima Rising by Lance Olsen is sound composition and a suite of acrylic and oil pastel paintings.

“This exhibition could not be realized without the support of Reliance Properties,” said exhibit curator Sue Donaldson, who spent 15 years working at BC’s Arts Council.

Reliance has a notable list of arts/culture initiatives in Victoria, including:

🔹The Artists’ Studio Project at 780 Blanshard, a Reliance building of artists’ studios that is becoming the largest arts hub in the city centre.
🔹Reliance is fulfilling the city’s vision for an Arts & Innovation District at Capital Iron Lands:
🔹Reliance has a commitment to provide land for a new home for the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
🔹The future master-planned community will have live/work artists’ studios.

In Vancouver, the company donated $7 million to Emily Carr University of Art & Design, the institute’s largest-ever single donation. Last year, Reliance initiated and funded a permanent public art commission by celebrated artist Douglas Coupland.

Lost Foundry/Fukushima Rising is a free exhibit that runs from Friday, February 4 to Sunday, March 6. Public hours are 12pm to 5pm. Entrance is the ground floor of 655 Tyee Road (water side).

Know it all.

#34 m3m

m3m
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 10:01 AM

Cool!

I think that's the former goodlife space?

#35 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 10:02 AM

It looks like it, yes.

Know it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users