Downtown Victoria Business Association (DVBA) news and issues

• Please log in to reply
508 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:48 PM

My guess is that this is related to Dan Dagg's new economic development agency. Looks like Victoria will be redirecting its marketing funds away from the Chamber and GVDA to Dan.

Ken Kelly is also 67 and wants to be a deacon, so it is not that odd that he's retiring, I don't think.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:54 PM

Looks like Victoria will be redirecting its marketing funds away from the Chamber and GVDA to Dan.

How much money does the city give to these groups?

#23 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

Ken Kelly had a scheduled surgery on Friday, and will be off a couple months recuperating.  Wish him a speedy recovery.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#24 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

DVBA has hired a new executive director to take over from Ken Kelly:

https://ca.linkedin....milton-b3b78583

#25 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:42 PM

RCMP called in – Penticton’s downtown association under investigation for financial irregularities while new Victoria association president was in charge

The Downton Penticton Association dropped a bombshell Monday when it announced it had turned investigation of “financial irregularities” over to RCMP.

According to a release signed by executive director Lynn Allin and the DPA board, the irregularities were discovered during a regular review of their financials in September 2016.

#26 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

Kerri Milton out already! No reason made public.

https://www.cheknews...ciation-389448/
  • rjag likes this

#27 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:35 AM

^ I think that if you look up one post you will have your reason. My opinion only.

#28 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:01 AM

When reached for comment late Monday, Milton confirmed she was no longer with the DVBA, but declined to comment on the reasons why.

“I won’t make a statement on that. That will come from the [DVBA] board. I agreed to let them make the comment,” she said.

http://www.timescolo...ions-1.23099947

#29 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

^ 3 months severance for 1 years work. I wish that I could get that job.

• Rob Randall likes this

#30 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:27 AM

Bradbury said Milton will receive three months’ severance in accordance with the employment contract.

“I think Kerri has done a wonderful job in the 18 months she was with the organization and we have a lot to thank her for, she made a lot of really positive contributions,” she said.

“She got a lot of new projects up and off the ground and breathed life into old programs. She’s a very talented individual.”

Talented, but we fired her.

Too bad nobody is willing to say why.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 21 November 2017 - 07:27 AM.

#31 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:34 AM

^ They won't say why because then people might start asking uncomfortable questions about the initial vetting process and the actions that the board did/didn't take in May. Best to try and shove it under the carpet, stick taxpayers and business owners with the bill and then hope that everything blows over. 

#32 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:39 AM

How'd her Buskers festival work out? Pumpkin Art displays? Wasnt it DVBA that did the jigsaw puzzle at Yates and Douglas?

Edited by rjag, 21 November 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#33 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

Wouldn’t it be grand to have Vickers head the DVBA?
  • VicHockeyFan, rjag, Matt R. and 1 other like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#34 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

Wouldn’t it be grand to have Vickers head the DVBA?

Yup, but there is still bad blood between him and a few folks in town...they didnt like him airing the laundry in public!!!

Anyway he has moved to Toronto and is involved in Alarmforce and its new transition to Bell, I think he wont be back as he has some excellent opportunities and he's closer to his family on the East Coast

A big loss for the City, I know if he was still in town he was going to run for council next year

• Mike K. likes this

#35 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

^ 3 months severance for 1 years work. I wish that I could get that job.

Perhaps someone from the forum will apply.

However, I can think of a few here that there is no need to apply.

#36 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

Thought I'd update this thread.

DVBA director Kerri Milton has been released from her position by the DVBA board.

• VicHockeyFan and rjag like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#37 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

Thought I'd update this thread.

DVBA director Kerri Milton has been released from her position by the DVBA board.

That's what the last 10 posts here were about, including one of yours on the 21st of November. 

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 24 November 2017 - 08:25 AM.

#38 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:27 AM

Ha! For somer reason the latest posts were not appearing for me, maybe due to a cache issue?

Geez Louise... Good thing is a forum upgrade is in the works.

Know it all.

#39 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:19 AM

At some point they'll need to articulate what went wrong during Milton's term in order for potential replacements to understand why a change was needed.

My own uneducated guess is the board didn't like how the uncomfortable busker festival mess played out.

• rjag likes this

#40 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:25 AM

My sources say it has something to do with ComicCon and the American guy brought in to run it.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users