• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

I thought this required its own thread. Victoria Beer Week - March 1-8, 2014

On FACEBOOK and TWITTER < < "like" and follow to keep up-to-date.

On the WEB

Not much info yet, but it's coming soon we understand.

Victoria Beer Week is an eight day series of events highlighting a broad selection of craft breweries while educating Victorians about craft beer. The week will kick off with a Cask Event featuring all participating breweries at the Victoria Public Market on March 1, with smaller tastings, seminars, and micro-events happening in between at various venues.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

Awesome!

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

Schedule will be announced, and tickets go on sale at 12 noon today.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

tickets are flying off the shelf. the complete site is up now.

Edited by OSJ, 16 January 2014 - 07:43 PM.

Paving the way for beer bars on the island!

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

Early Bird tickets are nearly sold out.

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

Early Bird tickets are nearly sold out.

Online Early Bird are sold out.  There are a limited number of hard-copy Early Bird available at Garrick's starting at 11am FRIDAY.  

#7 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

All early bird tickets are sol out.

there is still online tickets and tickets for events at Garrick's Head

#8 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

Phillips Brewery

IMG_0380.jpg

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Beer Week has begun!  Many events are sold out.

#10 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

Little update on VBW.

We have been working already for months on next year.

We have just made a colab beer with Salt Spring, Phillips, 4 Mile and the new Log House brew crew and we will be pouring the beer at The Hudson Market for Rifflandia. We also have curated the rest of the beer to be poured at these events. We will be there wed-sat.

It will also be available at Garrick's Head and The Churchill.

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

I attended the Opening Cask Night last night at the Victoria Public Market.

Featured were beers, ciders and mead from Vancouver Island brewers. There was a card ready for patrons which allowed us to plan our selections, eight of which were free, (plus a small snack from multiple vendors at the market).

The event was well executed.

We're also attending the beer label art exhibit at Wolf Sheep later in the week and the Closing Cask Night next Saturday where breweries from around the province will show off their stuff.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

Thunderdome seemed to go well

VBW-Thunderdome-WEB-8012.jpg

VBW-Thunderdome-WEB-8024.jpg

VBW-Thunderdome-WEB-7978.jpg

http://victoriabeers...ek-thunderdome/

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

We're hearing that on Opening Cask Night at the market one of the kegs was improperly tapped and it exploded, causing quite a bit of problems for Whisk which had their products covered in beer. Those folks are not happy at the moment.

This makes me wonder if the market will continue hosting such events in the future.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#14 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

The matter with Whisk is being dealt with.

#15 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:48 PM

We went to the Closing Cask Night on Saturday night.

The event was well put together and the atmosphere was energized. For the record I'm not a craft beer guy and prefer the ghetto Pilsner to just about everything, but I have to hand it to the Island's breweries that were featured on the Opening Cask Night last Saturday. IMO our local breweries were more adventurous and embraced the one-off cask concept to the fullest. Of course I have much praise for the BC breweries featured last night, but hands down, our local brewmasters got my vote.

I'm already looking forward to next year's beer week.

• OSJ likes this

Know it all.

#16 sukika

sukika
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:26 AM

My boyfriend was a volunteer photographer at a few of the events, if anyone is interested in seeing some photos:

https://www.flickr.c...57651424643096/

It was the first time he's done photos for an event and he had great things to say about his experience.  

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:58 AM

Wow, the guys has talent, that's for sure.

Know it all.

#18 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,294 posts

Posted 28 December 2021 - 05:11 AM

Beer Week tickets are on sale. Most events appear to be about $40.

https://victoriabeer...pcoming-events/

Several events are sponsored by “The Powerhouse” but it’s unclear if they take place on that premises.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 December 2021 - 05:11 AM.

#19 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,294 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:33 PM

Meanwhile, disappointed opera lovers won’t even be able to cry into their craft beer, as Victoria Beer Society has postponed the Victoria Beer Week event, originally scheduled to be held in March, until April 1.

https://www.timescol...stponed-4978443

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users