Customs House
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 816 Government Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 7
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: now selling
The Customs House development encompasses a full restoration of the historic Customs House building at Wharf a... (view full profile)
Learn more about Customs House on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Customs House | Condos; commercial | 7- & 5-storeys | Built - completed in 2021

• Please log in to reply
800 replies to this topic

#781 Vin

Vin
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 11:08 AM

When the Market on Yates gets the boot they could probably fit in there. Call it the Market on the Harbour.

A small market with a good deli, or a food hall would be a great hit with locals and visitors alike. That is such a prime location! Well, that is provided the business can even afford the lease there.

#782 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,083 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 01:18 PM

He’s saying goodbye to Peachtree Road! After a little more than three decades of ownership, Sir Elton John has decided to let go of his Atlanta home in Buckhead’s 40-story Park Place high-rise residential tower. Records show the legendary English musician is asking a speck under $5 million for the condo, which is listed by Chase Mizell of Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby’s International Realty.

According to The Wall Street Journal and Buckhead.com, which first reported the story, John initially paid $925,000 for a roughly 2,500-square-foot duplex on the 36th floor of the building in the early 1990s. He subsequently picked up neighboring units to accommodate his vast photography collection, eventually laying claim to six combined units spanning two levels.

Altogether, the four-bedroom, seven-bath dwelling features a little more than 13,300 square feet of living space highlighted by a spacious living room that can easily accommodate a grand piano, per the listing, plus a formal dining room topped by a gallery space, wood-paneled office/lounge area and grand salon boasting floor-to-ceiling windows. There’s also a sumptuous master retreat outfitted with an adjoining seating area, a luxe onyx-clad bath and ample closet space; and elsewhere is a gym and spa/massage room.

https://robbreport.c...1234900182/amp/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 October 2023 - 01:20 PM.

#783 Vin

Vin
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 12:17 PM

https://www.colliers...nada/can2002458

It looks like CRUs 1 & 2 are leased. These are the ones at the corner of Government and Courtney. I wonder what will open there.

Looking forward to seeing more CRUs leased and occupied in the near future. 

• Nparker likes this

#784 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 05:48 AM

In the coming months, Lululemon will open a flagship store on the ground floor of Customs House on Government Street, according to the developer.

Johnathon Sipos, president of Cielo Group, the developer of Customs House, tells CHEK News in an email that Lululemon aims to open this location before the summer season.

https://www.cheknews...-floor-1191374/

The retailer will be moving into the corner unit that borders Government and Wharf streets with an approximately 6,500 square foot space.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 February 2024 - 05:49 AM.

• Kungsberg likes this

#785 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 10:52 AM

That is big. The lease is probably a fortune, but I can't see how they won't make a killing. I've long wondered who would be taking up that space.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#786 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 12:56 PM

Johnson Street is looking tired and dumpy. It’s not what it was 20 years ago.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#787 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 12:57 PM

That’s a bit of a loss for LoJo for sure. Probably brings more traffic than the next 10 places combined.

#788 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 12:58 PM

I wonder if lululemon has the same theft problem as other clothing stores?
Its not uncommon to see a homeless person walking out of the mall with stolen goods from Winners or Sport Chek. But i dont recall ever seeing lululemon get ripped off. Wonder why.

#789 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:05 PM

It does. Big time.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#790 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:09 PM

Weren't we assuming it was Lululemon in the story below? All Lululemon stores (everywhere) have pretty serious theft issues, if we believe the news.

Officers Make 20 Arrests And Recover Over $25,000 In Stolen Merchandise During Retail Theft Project

Date: Thursday October 26, 2023 

Victoria, BC – Officers made 20 arrests and recovered over $25,000 in merchandise from one retailer during a three-day retail theft project in downtown Victoria last week. 

From October 16 to 18, officers from VicPD’s Patrol division worked with loss prevention staff to identify and arrest shoplifters at a retail store in the 500-block of Johnson Street. More than half of the suspects arrested took over $1,000 worth of merchandise each, with one person in possession of $3,400 worth of stolen merchandise. 

Of the 20 arrested, most were released pending future court dates. One suspect was arrested in the first two days of the project and was held in custody after returning on day three to steal another $260 worth of merchandise. Three suspects were found to have outstanding arrest warrants from various Greater Victoria jurisdictions.  

A driver was issued a 24-hour driving prohibition for impairment by drugs, after assisting a suspect who was fleeing from police load stolen items into their vehicle. 

#791 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:10 PM

I know I only date homeless women that wear Lululemon. I assume they stole it.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 February 2024 - 01:10 PM.

#792 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:19 PM

There are no end of news stories about grab-and-run theft from Lululemon stores where the per-incident value is tens of thousands of dollars.

So I guess my question is, exactly where are these stolen items being re-sold? Apologies in advance for my unfamiliarity re: fencing stolen name-brand fitness clothing.

#793 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,781 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:27 PM

...exactly where are these stolen items being re-sold...

There are a lot of budget conscious Karens out there.

#794 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:33 PM

Sure, but where are they going to buy the stolen stuff? Maybe I haven't been paying attention but I don't recall ever seeing a driveway sale where somebody was selling $25,000 worth of brand new yoga pants. I tend to notice stuff so I bet a donut I would notice all of the customers' parked cars.

#795 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,781 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:38 PM

What do you think Used Victoria and Facebook Marketplace are for?

#796 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:38 PM

There are no end of news stories about grab-and-run theft from Lululemon stores where the per-incident value is tens of thousands of dollars.

So I guess my question is, exactly where are these stolen items being re-sold? Apologies in advance for my unfamiliarity re: fencing stolen name-brand fitness clothing.

Facebook Marketplace It’s a pretty smooth app. 1000x better than Craigslist.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 February 2024 - 01:39 PM.

#797 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,781 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:39 PM

This is why it's essential that the "most vulnerable" have smart phones.

#798 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:40 PM

Free smartphones in many cases. Paid for with your tax dollars.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 February 2024 - 01:40 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#799 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,781 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:59 PM

Free smartphones in many cases. Paid for with your tax dollars.

I guess I thought that was implied, but yes, just one more way my in which tax dollars are being mis-spent.  :whyme:

#800 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 02:02 PM

Through the Homelessness Community Action Grant program and a partnership with 7-Eleven, the Social Planning and Research Council of BC (SPARC BC) has been able to secure 3,500 smartphones to be distributed by community organizations who provide services and support for vulnerable people.

https://news.gov.bc....lnerable people.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 February 2024 - 02:03 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)