* * * * * 3 votes

Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#3841 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

WTF? Now the CoV is considering issuing temporary use permits for pot shops?

temp.JPG

temp2.JPG
https://tender.victo...Number=TUP00004

Is this a way for these illegal "businesses" to try and skirt the city's so-called rules?

ps: This place stinks to high heaven (pun intended) whenever I have walked past it. So much for "no consumption on site"

Edited by Nparker, 01 August 2017 - 10:56 AM.

#3842 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

It totally does. The smell of pot usually permeates that corner.

Maybe temporary as in their tenancy in that location is not one that will be long-term? Reliance has plans to refurbish that building.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3843 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

File_004 (74).jpeg File_002 (25).jpeg File_003 (57).jpeg

This was one day last week.  I followed them in.  And ya, that place stinks.  Anyway, there was some discussion going on about some signage.  Not very exciting, I left.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 01 August 2017 - 11:28 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3844 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

...there was some discussion going on about some signage...

It's not like anyone from the CoV is going to make any effort to enforce the city's own rules regarding signage, so why should these "businesses" bother to comply?

#3845 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

This was one day last week.  I followed them in.  And ya, that place stinks.  Anyway, there was some discussion going on about some signage.  Not very exciting, I left.

Going to get a bad rap.

#3846 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

This may be the closest pot shop to Saanich border. All the convenience with none of the nasty law-breaking for Saanich to deal with - and how about all those healthy looking millennials happily stopping by to get their "medication"?

green1.JPG

And check out the space-age interior!

green2.JPG

#3847 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

and how about all those healthy looking millennials happily stopping by to get their "medication"?

Maybe those are the after photographs?

#3848 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

Maybe those are the after photographs?

So the healthy folks come back to admire their Shangri La?

• todd likes this

#3849 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

shoeflack, on 02 Aug 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

Amazing! You really can turn any post in any thread on VV into something to do with dispensary licensing. Impressive.

Thank you.  :) The waste of public resources to bolster illegal businesses is shocking isn't it?  :whyme:

#3850 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

I'm just worried about what you're going to do when this is all legal next year. 2018 is going to kill your ability to post valid complaints. Legal pot, Mayor Helps ousted at election.

2019 will be the Nparker renaissance.

• VicHockeyFan, Matt R. and GaryRanson like this

#3851 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:58 AM

I'm just worried about what you're going to do when this is all legal next year...

I think it will be a whole new ball game when the Feds and the Provinces bring in regulations and enforcement. I suspect many of the existing law breakers will be out of business. Hopefully there will be a decent amount of additional tax revenue flowing into the public coffers so that I will finally see some personal benefit.

• pennymurphy2000 likes this

#3852 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,015 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

I'm just worried about what you're going to do when this is all legal next year. 2018 is going to kill your ability to post valid complaints. Legal pot, Mayor Helps ousted at election.

2019 will be the Nparker renaissance.

Helps isn't going to run to so no luck in tossing her out. Pot will be sold through liquor or pharmacy outlets and first nations retailers operating on land that they own/lease throughout the region. The pot shops as we know them will be all shut down.

• VicHockeyFan, Nparker, Love the rock and 2 others like this

#3853 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:35 AM

Helps isn't going to run to so no luck in tossing her out. Pot will be sold through liquor or pharmacy outlets and first nations retailers operating on land that they own/lease throughout the region. The pot shops as we know them will be all shut down.

It truly will be a new golden age.

• Daveyboy likes this

#3854 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:41 AM

The "BC Pain Society" dispensary at 1719 Quadra appears to have closed.

Capture.JPG

One down, several hundred more to go. :banana:

Edit: the doors are open and there were people inside this afternoon, but all signage has been removed and the interior looks in disarray. Hard to say what exactly is going on.

Edited by Nparker, 08 August 2017 - 02:45 PM.

• On the Level likes this

#3855 LJ

LJ
  • 12,747 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

Another unreported robbery?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#3856 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

Another unreported robbery?

From what I've witnessed at this location, the stoners who operate the place would likely just hand over whatever the would-be robbers requested, no questions asked. Also, is it really a crime if an illegal business is robbed?

#3857 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

Any updates on this, np?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3858 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

Any updates on this, np?

It appears to be open today; the usual suspects are hanging out front and smoking cigarettes - in violation of CRD bylaws prohibiting smoking "within a seven (7) metre area measured on the ground from a point directly below any point of a doorway, window or air intake" I might add. Funny, for a business allegedly operating for people's health, the proprietors seem to have no issue ingesting carcinogens.

• Mike K. likes this

#3859 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

It appears to be open today; the usual suspects are hanging out front and smoking cigarettes - in violation of CRD bylaws prohibiting smoking "within a seven (7) metre area measured on the ground from a point directly below any point of a doorway, window or air intake" I might add. Funny, for a business allegedly operating for people's health, the proprietors seem to have no issue ingesting carcinogens.

Don't ever go to the hospital. The amount of nurses and doctors ingesting carcinogens will blow your mind.

#3860 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

Don't ever go to the hospital. The amount of nurses and doctors ingesting carcinogens will blow your mind.

But how many are doing it right in front of where the patients are being treated?

Based on my observations, I'd also hazard to guess the per capita number of "health care professionals" to patients ingesting carcinogens is higher (pun intended) at pot shops than at hospitals.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users