#5821 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,557 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 10:29 AM

Touche.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5822 m3m

m3m
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 11:00 AM

My point was that you should not use that opinion article as a basis to conclude that the use of the Emergency Act was based on lies and misinformation.
  • Brayvehart likes this

#5823 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 11:02 AM

My point was that you should not use that opinion article as a basis to conclude that the use of the Emergency Act was based on lies and misinformation.

But your point was based on lies and misinformation.  :banana:

#5824 m3m

m3m
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 11:15 AM

Cuz I got the percentage wrong?
  • Brayvehart likes this

#5825 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,557 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 11:15 AM

But, that's what it appears the use of the Emergencies Act was based on.

• Nparker and dasmo like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5826 m3m

m3m
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 11:21 AM

https://nationalpost...0fda51c96d/amp/

This article says that about 52,000 of the 92,000 GiveSendGo donors were American. Sorry that I said 60% when the number was actually about 55%
  • Brayvehart likes this

#5827 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 11:28 AM

My point was that you should not use that opinion article as a basis to conclude.... 

"While GiveSendGo has yet to issue a statement on the hack or the veracity of the leaked donors list"

#5828 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,557 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 11:32 AM

Yes, facts do matter.

Most Canadians who donated, donated via GoFundMe, and by a very large margin compared to GSG. The Americans kicked it up a notch when GFM blocked donations, but Canadians still out-donated them.

Know it all.

#5829 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 11:34 AM

I’m glad to see Mike joining what some of us knew 9 months ago. The government lied, the media lied, and those lies were used as justification for an unprecedented tyrannical government response to a protest that posed no security threats. It’s not hard to imagine that, had this protest been over a “left” cause like BLM or #215, the PM would’ve endorsed it. Instead, he used illegal powers to quash what he saw as political dissent. Truly scary implications.
  • Nparker likes this

#5830 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,557 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 11:41 AM

I wouldn't say just joining. The turning point for me was in March, when we all learned that the government's claims of a foreign funded insurrection were predicated on bad intelligence, or just wishful/false information.

We also heard discrepancies in real-time, linking the protests to criminal acts in Ottawa, but then turning out to be unrelated. The press did a relatively bad job of cleaning up some of the messes they started.

That being said, I had/have zero sympathy for the incessant 'honking.'

Know it all.

#5831 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 11:43 AM

You’ll be glad to know I burned out my horn early in the weekly protests, then.

#5832 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 11:50 AM

It was because we weren't being heard... But I feel ya. I know the fellow in Victoria who was organizing the fight against the honking. Sweat guy. It was interesting to see his transition from confrontation to kinda joining the protest with a smile on his face (he stopped wearing a mask). He would carry his no horn sign haha. He did negotiate no honking on the back side of the leg which was followed through "Moral suasion" so I think this changed his perspective a little. 

#5833 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,557 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 11:57 AM

You’ll be glad to know I burned out my horn early in the weekly protests, then.

Low IQ thing to do.

• dasmo and max.bravo like this

Know it all.

#5834 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,752 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 01:03 PM

...I had/have zero sympathy for the incessant 'honking.'

Low IQ thing to do.

While irritating, the honking was morally superior and vastly less harmful to Canadian democracy than the Prime Minister's actions.

• dasmo, JimV and max.bravo like this

#5835 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 04:05 PM

^ No it wasn’t.
  • Brayvehart likes this

#5836 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 04:06 PM

^ No it wasn’t.

Did the honking injure you, make you lose your job, your family, stop you from going to a funeral? 

• Nparker and max.bravo like this

#5837 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 04:08 PM

^ It wasn’t morally superior in my opinion.
  • Brayvehart likes this

#5838 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 04:20 PM

Sparky, your inconvenience and annoyance is a price I am HAPPILY willing to pay to promote these truths that the majority seems to want silenced:

• our government lied to us and invoked the Emergencies Act under false pretenses. A very frightening tyrannical response to a peaceful and necessary protest.
  • the media lied to us, and were complicit in government's scheming.
  • I, and many other, lost my work-from-home-job (with no possibility of severance) because I didn't agree to a unilateral change in the employment contract that required I accept 2 doses of an experimental genetic treatment which has in fact caused severe side effects and even death in some people. An absurd but true fact. In what world is that justified?
  • our government medical health officers lied about the efficacy of the genetic treatments, as Pfizer recently admitted they never even TESTED for transmission efficacy. It was just assumed, it was promoted, it was never real! Yet that's the justification for people losing careers, pensions, livelihoods, and even 5 suicides among terminated public servants.

• Nparker likes this

#5839 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 05:03 PM

I wasn’t inconvenienced and I am not or was not annoyed.

I am just not of the opinion that the actions of the protesters was morally superior to the actions of our elected officials. Simple as that.
  • Brayvehart and Victoria Watcher like this

#5840 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 05:11 PM

That’s your right. I would like to convince you otherwise but I know that is futile. I know you are a good and moral person. My hope is one day that what shakes out from all this is that that is what brings us together and the media machine can’t mess with that so easily.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users