• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

#421 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 06 March 2024 - 08:50 AM

Vote the government out!
He is not the government even if he is the prime of many ministers.

sticks and stones type insults in my opinion often say more about the speaker than the target.

Is that an insult?

#422 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 06 March 2024 - 08:57 AM

Also joking aside, your insult towards me above is more of an insult than anything I have said about Trudeau. Prove me wrong.

#423 Tony

Tony
  • 520 posts

Posted 06 March 2024 - 10:48 AM

That is not an insult. It is an expression of my opinion based on my experience. There is the clear option for two positions.

In this case it is up to each reader to decide if the comments you or I made say more about the speaker or the person spoken about.

Your comments about his brother and mother were in my opinion inappropriate not a joke or meant to be a joke.

#424 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 06 March 2024 - 11:27 AM

His brother died in a skiing accident. Here was his response. https://youtu.be/PcD...conVkCpHJI&t=40

Odd especially when you compare it to this response. https://www.youtube....h?v=YgGxDHiUR50

This provides plenty of material for inuendo for my movie script!

Then 

His mother did have a relationship with Castro. To what degree we may never know. But the rumors are interesting and he does look a lot like Castro. 

"“Fidel made it clear in his opening remarks that the parents were important but not nearly as important as the baby. In some pictures Fidel had a big patch of wet saliva on his uniform because he had come over early to cuddle the baby.”

She remembers Castro during that visit as a “very warm and charming man — I enjoyed him.”

https://ottawacitize...uddled-her-baby

Again, great material for my movie script.

As in "an expression of my opinion based on my experience"

#425 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 06 March 2024 - 11:35 AM

That is not an insult. It is an expression of my opinion based on my experience. There is the clear option for two positions.

In this case it is up to each reader to decide if the comments you or I made say more about the speaker or the person spoken about.

Your comments about his brother and mother were in my opinion inappropriate not a joke or meant to be a joke.

I said my script would begin when his brother died. I didn't say anything about his brother. Or with his mom's love affair with Castro. I didn't say anything about her. It is also hardly insulting to say that. Castro was an attractive and powerful man. Worthy of a love affair. I said these things in reference to making a movie script. Any insult perceived is your own triggering and your own work to do. 

#426 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 06:57 AM

You would think that our national news provider would cover a story like the Farmer's Protest in Quebec wouldn't you?

Here is some info on the topic. https://tnc.news/202...armers-protest/

...or this guy who has some video and a load of opinions.  https://www.youtube....h?v=DD4f9d6g1Q4

This topic will probably need its own thread.

#427 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 10:06 AM

Ya. It was even stranger being on the lawn of the Legislature with many thousands packing every square inch, with a jubilant atmosphere and Brian Peckford, one of the original signers of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, speaking. Then the CBC lying about numbers and calling everyone horrible names.
  • Nparker likes this

#428 Tony

Tony
  • 520 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 10:29 AM

The quebec farmers protest in Rimouski 

https://ici.radio-ca...es-upa-rimouski

#429 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,062 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 02:38 AM

ABC Chair Kim Williams has told staff to remain impartial or leave the organisation as he declares activism is not welcome at the national broadcaster.

Mr Williams, who replaced Ita Buttrose as ABC chair two weeks ago, said he would have little tolerance for journalists who fail to remain objective in their reporting.

'If you don't want to reflect a view that aspires to impartiality, don't work at the ABC,' he told host Monica Attard in a recent episode of the podcast The Fourth Estate.

https://www.dailymai...ning-staff.html

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 March 2024 - 02:38 AM.

• lanforod likes this

#430 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,062 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 02:36 AM

Now here is an odd article.

Ottawa asked Facebook to remove false article about Trudeau during 2019 election, inquiry hears

Document says government didn’t make this info public because ‘the information ecosystem had cleansed itself’

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7164757

So it talks quite extensively about a “false” article. But it never mentions the topic.

Now, here is the article (or one of them):

Trudeau’s West Grey accuser was much younger than first thought

https://buffalochron...st-thought/amp/

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau‘s underage accuser was much younger at the time of their relationship than was first thought, her father tells The Chronicle. Some in the public discourse pegged the accusor at 17 years old. That is inaccurate.

“She was much, much younger than that,” the wealthy Canadian businessman told The Chronicle yesterday. He was not a party to the $2.25 million mutual non-disclosure non-disparagement agreement that she signed, in exchange for her continued silence, on the Wednesday evening of October 9th.

The terms of that agreement prevent both the accuser and Trudeau from acknowledging “any aspect” of that relationship, without triggering a six-to-seven-figure liquidated damages clause. That penalty starts at $500,000 and scales up, depending on the magnitude of the breach.

Perhaps this is the most interesting part, the last couple paragraphs here:

In 2008, Prime Minister Stephen Harper had that law changed, raising the age to 16, where the law sits today. Still, Canada outlaws sex between adults and people younger than 18 when the adult is in a position of responsibility for the wellbeing of that child.

Trudeau’s behavior would have been illegal at the time.

To date, Trudeau has not offered a public denial of The Buffalo Chronicle’s reporting. Instead, he has instructed his communications staffers to decline to answer those questions and to attack the credibility of this publication.

The Buffalo Chronicle has never — in our entire operating history — been sued for defamation or any other matter. We have never once received a cease and desist letter from the subjects of any article since we began publishing in 2014.

We have not received such a cease and desist letter from Mr. Trudeau.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 06 April 2024 - 02:42 AM.

#431 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,062 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 02:48 AM

Here is another:

Sources are telling The Buffalo Chronicle that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau‘s accuser has been in talks with a private attorney for more than a week, discussing a heated sexual relationship that began and ended more than 18 years ago, when the young woman was a student at Vancouver’s prestigious West Point Grey Academy. The Chronicle is told that the two engaged in a months-long affair beginning in the summer of 2000, both on and off-campus.

That non-disclosure and an accompanying non-disparagement agreement were signed last night, according to the source, for more than $2.25 million CDN.

A friend of the accusor’s family reached out to The Chronicle days ago, prior to the signing of the non-disclosure agreement, when its terms were not in effect and still being negotiated. Those talks took nearly two weeks and took place almost entirely in Vancouver.

By Saturday evening, Trudeau’s negotiator became impatient, giving the young woman a deadline of 10pm on Wednesday evening to either agree to or reject the terms of the NDA. The Chronicle became familiar with the situation shortly after Trudeau’s negotiator made that threat.

The young woman and her attorneys were insisting that the terms be mutually binding on Trudeau (in which case Trudeau would be liable for damages if he were to publicly discuss the circumstances of their relationship himself). Trudeau’s attorneys repeatedly refused that request, which was cause for the delay.

It is unknown whether the terms of the final agreement are mutually binding.

Trudeau taught at the West Point Grey Academy between 1999 and 2001 but departed the school abruptly mid-term, and without substantial explanation. At the time he was 29 years old and retained his father’s law firm, Heenan Blaikie, in the matter. The firm released a bizarre statement at the time, in which Trudeau asked the public “not to make things up” about the departure, and insisted that he did not leave to pursue public speaking engagements.

In recent days, Trudeau has denied that he left the school for nefarious reasons, and denied that he signed an NDA at the time of his departure. The family of his accuser does not share that recollection and was told by officials of the school at the time that Trudeau would be bound by a confidentiality agreement that he signed prior to taking his teaching position.

https://buffalochron...-departure/amp/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 06 April 2024 - 02:48 AM.

#432 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,062 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 02:49 AM

This from True North:

Justin Trudeau’s campaign is not answering questions about the nature of the Prime Minister’s relationship with a high school student during his time as a teacher in Vancouver.

For days, True North has been asking questions of the Liberal campaign about a message in the 2001 West Point Grey Academy (WPGA) yearbook that may suggest a relationship outside the classroom between Justin Trudeau, his former roommate and convicted sex offender Christopher Ingvaldson and a female Grade 12 student at the school.

The exact nature of this relationship is not known and the Liberal campaign is refusing to respond to questions about what may have been a close personal relationship.

Grade 12 students at WPGA were given an opportunity to write “Grad Shoutouts” to thank their friends, families and others in an informal section of the printed yearbook.

A female student, who True North has decided not to name but will refer to by a pseudonym, Jane, wrote the following message in her shoutout.

“To ‘The Empire’, JT & CI, thanks for making my life at WPGA a lot more interesting/amusing!”

https://tnc.news/201...arbook-message/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 06 April 2024 - 02:50 AM.

#433 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 06:48 AM

Is this what Poilievre was referring to in the House, when Trudeau said he was a teacher, and that he wonders what Poilievre was before becoming a politician? To that, Poilievre quipped back that he wonders why Trudeau left his job halfway through a semester.

The PM’s half-brother will be interviewed by Tucker Carlson, or has been already I mean, and the show will soon air. The brother has some family secrets to share, is what my understanding is.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#434 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,062 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 07:00 AM

Ya that’s what PP meant.

#435 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 07:09 AM

Yeah, weird. That situation is peculiar/suspicious with the gag order in effect.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#436 Tony

Tony
  • 520 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 07:18 AM

Overall, we rate The Buffalo Chronicle Questionable based on far-right-wing bias, a complete lack of transparency, promotion of propaganda/conspiracy theories.

#437 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 07:26 AM

What is TNC’s rating?

I’m curious what Poilievre knows. For him to have made the comment that he did, knowing the cameras would be watching, he obviously knows something. What is it?

Know it all.

#438 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 07:28 AM

Overall, we rate The Buffalo Chronicle Questionable based on far-right-wing bias, a complete lack of transparency, promotion of propaganda/conspiracy theories.

Who rates the raters? And what is the source of the above?

…if we’re critiquing lack of transparency, etc :banana:

Know it all.

#439 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 09:16 AM

Also look into who his roommate was in college…

#440 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,348 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 06 April 2024 - 09:28 AM

Personally I rate Tony far left wing based on his comments on VV.
That’s just as relevant given there’s no speculation and just facts that I see there.
  • phx likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users