BUILT
595 Pandora
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 595 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
595 Pandora is a five-storey, 53-unit urban flat development converted from a former 1980's-era government off... (view full profile)
Learn more about 595 Pandora on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] 595 Pandora | Condos; commercial | 5-storeys | Built - renovation completed in 2017

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#41 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:04 AM

Today:

IMG_8445.JPG IMG_8444.JPG IMG_8442.JPG IMG_8441.JPG IMG_8440.JPG

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#42 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,548 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:25 PM

Hey, right on, I like this. Your photos are finally starting to appear levelled :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#43 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:00 PM

From today:

26356064364_4beadcd10a_h.jpg

#44 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:16 PM

I am happy to see this renovation unfolding. It's rather a handsome building in its own way and I think it will prove to be a boon to the neighbourhood once complete.

#45 aastra

aastra
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:22 PM

Still wondering if this place might have looked better with a paint job. Do we know what the plan is for those windows? Are they going to dress them up at all?

Methinks covering over those brick columns on the ground floor with some visually distinctive (but not necessarily super expensive) cladding might also have worked.

#46 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:30 PM

Yeah there's certainly a lot of red brick on this stretch of Pandora Ave.

Pandora Ave..jpg

#47 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:35 PM

Yeah there's certainly a lot of red brick on this stretch of Pandora Ave....

Everywhere you turn in Victoria.

#48 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,548 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

May 09

595-Pandora-May-09-2016.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#49 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,548 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:26 PM

Cielo Properties readies for unveiling of 595 Pandora condo development

http://victoria.citi...do-development/

Cielo Properties’ transformation of a late 80’s three-storey Old Town office complex into condo residences and ground floor commercial space is quietly nearing completion in the 500-block of Pandora Avenue.

Referred to as 595 Pandora, the building features an eclectic mix of 53 studio, one and two-bedroom layouts at a centrally-situated, high-profile address only a stone’s throw from downtown Victoria’s desirable Chinatown neighbourhood.

“595’s former use as a government office building allowed us to take advantage of the high ceiling height, and the existing concrete, steel and brick construction gave us excellent bones to work with,” said Stan Sipos, head of Cielo Properties.

The location and building inspired Sipos to design a collection of homes influenced by an urban reclamation renaissance playing out in former industrial areas of North America’s rustbelt cities. [Full article]

• Nparker and Mr Cook Street like this

Know it all.

#50 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for the update Mike.

PS- was this development originally going to be rentals (rather than condo)?  I would assume that a certain amount of pre-sales would be required for a condo construction loan, but Cielo may be well-capitalized and not in need of such financing.

• sdwright.vic likes this

#51 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:00 PM

Anyone know if any of the units will include parking?

#52 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,548 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:24 PM

@Kapten, originally it had been eyed as a rental. I'm not sure how far into the process it became a condo, but to be honest it's been plugging along without much fanfare for two years now.

@magmazing, I've heard mention that there are a couple dozen parking stalls available. Whether or not they're included I don't know at this point, but I will find out.

Know it all.

#53 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

Anyone know if any of the units will include parking?

I think pretty much everything larger than a 1 bedroom will include parking and a portion of the one bedrooms will come with parking.  The woodframed structure you see on top of the concrete building will be two level units.

Edited by MarkoJ, 18 October 2016 - 04:36 PM.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#54 Jjly83

Jjly83
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:02 PM

Hello, their website is now saying it should have 30-40 parking stalls and called "The Abacus"

• Nparker likes this

#55 aastra

aastra
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:32 PM

That seems to add up. And if it's on their website then it's not exactly an ancient Chinese secret.

*don't try to take me away for saying this... it's just a hilariously ancient pop culture reference

• Rob Randall, Nparker and RoadRunner like this

#56 RJK

RJK
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:35 AM

I think that it was to be called the Abacus.  This was being marketed as a forward sale for a purpose built rental relatively recently.  The price per sq ft however translated to retail pricing of condos.  Hence hard to find someone to take it up I would imagin with all of the other projects out there.  With the condo market on fire again, I would imagine they figured that this was the only way to get the lift they wanted.  Their other project will also likely be condos (especially as there likely are some interest reserve costs to pay out).  Personally I like the brick.  looks great and will help this part of town continually improve.

Edited by RJK, 19 October 2016 - 08:36 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#57 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:21 AM

Several renderings are at :  http://cieloproperti...ndora-proposed/

• Nparker likes this

#58 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:09 PM

A few photos from 595 Pandora Instagram.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

• Nparker likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#59 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,548 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:24 PM

I've received some info regarding the parking situation. Some 55% of homes will include parking, plus the largest upper floor two-level units will include two spaces, which is quite rare for a downtown Victoria condo. All homes will include bicycle parking.

The 595 Instagram account is at: https://www.instagram.com/595_pandora/

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#60 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:04 AM

A friend was interested in the townhomes and contacted Cielo and found out they're going to be in the $1M range  :eek:

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users