• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:47 PM

I see a couple 3 bedroom townhouses for sale in Parkside place in the $410 range. Pets allowed, the backyards are a bonus. They are limited common property and the strata doesn’t maintain them inside the fence.

Tonnes of storage.

Matt.

Outdoor parking, are you nuts? :)

Back to Camden Green - 

The Internet's archive found me some floor plans.  I think I'll keep an eye on this building for something a little bigger, otherwise it checks most of the boxes.  

• Matt R. likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#102 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:03 PM

Even though it shares a name with the worst place in New Jersey?
  • sebberry likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#103 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,017 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:13 PM

Hmm strange now that you mention it, there aren’t any issues with the outdoor parking.
We rent an extra space for $25 a month!

Matt.

#104 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:25 PM

Hmm strange now that you mention it, there aren’t any issues with the outdoor parking.

Matt.

The difference between indoor and outdoor parking isn't a security thing, at least for me. It is not having to stand in the rain while you get all the packages out of your car after a grocery shop. Or more importantly not having to clean the frost, snow or dew off your car whenever you want to go out in the fall and winter. Makes a huge difference in the morning and getting to work on time.

• Matt R. likes this

#105 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:27 PM

Or even just getting crap on your car. I have to clean my car a lot more than I used to because my car is always outside - no indoor parking at work or home. 

#106 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,878 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:32 PM

Or even just getting crap on your car. I have to clean my car a lot more than I used to because my car is always outside - no indoor parking at work or home. 

you clean your car during a climate emergency?  you are supposed to wait for the emergency-ended signal to sound before you do that.  

• sebberry likes this

#107 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:46 PM

We rent an extra space for $25 a month!

Matt.

I have a 15 year old red car with near-new looking paint.  I don't need the sun fading that!

• Matt R. likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#108 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:06 PM

I found underground parking would dirty up my car much faster. All of the exhaust and the air intakes would muck up the car instantly.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#109 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:17 PM

At the 2 condos I owned, they had that weird Victoria thing of covered parking, but not underground. One was tucked under the building but the other was that cute little cover thing in the parking lot that some of the older buildings have. So no extra exhaust dust and kept the rain, snow etc off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users