Photo

The Spaghetti Factory | Victoria | Douglas at Belleville

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:11 PM

Has anyone been here? A lot of my buddies go here and say it's awesome and a great price. I haven't been yet, though one of these days I'll have to try it out.

Let me know if anyone of you guys wants to go sometime! :P

#2 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:35 PM

I haven't been for at least 20 years when it was Rattenbury's.

S.F. looks like it might be a tourist trap. The patios are busy. I'm surprised a local's ever been there. I bet the staff have never seen Canadian money.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#3 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:38 PM

Hmmm I think I will go on the weekend and see for myself. I know of a group of guys that go all the time. They tried dragging me down there a month ago but I decided not to. I will post my thoughts on the weekend if I go. :-D

#4 Jada

Jada
  • 383 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:00 PM

It kinda sucks.

#5 Jarrod

Jarrod
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:24 AM

It's decent. I don't mind it. I don't go there very often as I try to avoid that part of town most of the time. It's not the greatest food...

#6 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:59 AM

I've been a couple of times. it's not bad. Good value.
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

#7 Carewser

Carewser
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:48 PM

I went to the Old Spaghetti Factory in Seattle when i was a kid and loved it, long before they had one here. I have since been back to the one in Seattle and the one in Vancouver. I really like them and they aren't expensive like you would expect a really touristy place to be. Unfortunately, the last time i went (on Father's Day) they were too busy, so my dad and i went elsewhere.

#8 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:11 PM

I took my 5 year old nephew a couple months ago and it was awful. I was expecting it to be bad, but it was worse than that.
I will never set foot again.
That being said, the service was friendly and prompt, but the food was what made the whole experience so bad.

#9 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:36 AM

I've only been once, with friends who have kids. It was... meh. And very noisy, very busy. The food was a little below okay. I wouldn't go again.

#10 Doc Sage

Doc Sage
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:21 PM

When in mid September because I won a $20- gift certificate from the Q. Busy still with tourists. Food was O.K. and the atmosphere was good, on the patio. Good to great service.

I will return because the price is right. Great place to have a large group out for dinner.

Doc Sage

#11 teddygram

teddygram
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

Saw 2 mice running around and then ran into the kitchen under some piece of equipment. Was the most disgusting thing to see after eating there, and will never go back. The server who was standing next to me tried to assure me that they had the cleanest kitchen in town, and I told her she was just proven wrong.

#12 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

To be fair - mice are a very common problem for surrounding businesses when there is an abandoned building nearby acting as breeding ground. You can have the cleanest kitchen anywhere, and still they will come for the smells. The solution is not leaving buildings abandoned.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

To be fair - mice are a very common problem for surrounding businesses when there is an abandoned building nearby acting as breeding ground. You can have the cleanest kitchen anywhere, and still they will come for the smells. The solution is not leaving buildings abandoned.

Yup, those suckers can get in a 1/8" crack, I swear. It's not always about the restaurant, a LOT can be about where it is in relation to (urban, even) woods and stuff. I'm not saying they have any problem, but I'd be surprised if Beacon Drive Inn doesn't have to battle them off with swords when weather gets cold, them all coming in from the park for a warm overnight.

#14 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,806 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:49 AM

I have worked in about 8 restaurants around the region and not one avoided having a mouse problem of some sort. Mice are everywhere in the region and they scavenge food. People should accept that they will try to get into restaurants. It is when restaurants don't react properly that it becomes a problem.

I have two great mouse stories, one I wont tell except in person. The other I was bartending at a restaurant that had the start of a mouse problem. Anyways it was about 8pm in the middle of Friday rush when one of the cooks came running around the corner and threw a frying pan the length of the bar and it landed behind the bar right on top of a mouse. Anyways the noise made the entire restaurant look at us. The cook says sorry and I just shrug and slowly everyone goes back to their food. The cook quietly picks up the pan and the now deceased mouse in a paper towel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users