Photo

Tiger Woods

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Tiger Woods was unable to maintain a share of the lead Saturday, but he will nonetheless be in position Sunday to win his first PGA Tour event in more than two years at the Wyndham Championship.

Woods, who shared the 36-hole lead with rookie Tom Hoge, shot 2-under-par 68 at Sedgefield Country Club on Saturday to finish 2 strokes back of Jason Gore, who shot 62.

http://espn.go.com/g...am-championship

#22 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

I think you mean tomorrow. Yes he does. 2 shots back of the lead.

#23 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:56 PM

Tiger Woods made $448,598 at 173 place on the PGA Tour this season.

http://espn.go.com/g...eylist/_/page/4

Jordan Spieth's caddie and former sixth-grade teacher, Michael Greller, has likely made $2 million this season.

http://bleacherrepor...paign=editorial

#24 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

Remarkable that he is competing again.

Good for Golf regardless of what people think of him.

http://www.msn.com/e...NP?ocid=DELLDHP

• lanforod likes this

#25 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:09 PM

Remarkable that he is competing again.

Good for Golf regardless of what people think of him.

http://www.msn.com/e...NP?ocid=DELLDHP

One of the greatest comebacks in golf.

#26 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:27 PM

A lot of people will say the comeback isn't complete until he wins another major or at least a tournament. It's great for the game, and I'm rooting for him. He is still the greatest golfer of all time, IMO and I want him to finish his career with 20+ majors under his belt. A calendar year sweep would be a fitting way to do that...

Edited by lanforod, 13 August 2018 - 03:28 PM.

• Bingo and Wayne like this

#27 m3m

m3m
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:59 PM

What tiger has done is really something special. His injuries would have forced any lessor competitor into retirement.  He had part of his spine fused less than a year ago and it was unclear he would ever golf competitively again.  He had to completely re-shape his swing and essentially re-learn how to play so that he did not put too much stress on his back. 

To be able to return to the level of competitiveness he currently is at, is pretty miraculous, especially since he turns 43 at the end of the year. 

• Bingo likes this

#28 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:39 PM

One of the greatest comebacks in golf.

And today Tiger proved it by winning the Tour Championship.

#29 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:54 AM

It was good to see.

Good to see the crowd following him, especially on the 18th hole.

Good to see some of his fellow golfers waiting to congratulate him after his round.

#30 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:40 PM

It is funny how a guy who was cheating on his wife and mother of his two kids banging a bunch of chicks on the side is all of a sudden a hero again in the media. It is like routing for Trump to succeed.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#31 Danma

Danma
  • 889 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:30 PM

It is funny how a guy who was cheating on his wife and mother of his two kids banging a bunch of chicks on the side is all of a sudden a hero again in the media. It is like routing for Trump to succeed.

I agree that Tiger's legacy will always be tainted by his conduct outside the golf course.

But that being said, how many other sports personalities, celebrities, musicians, politicians, etc. have had their own controversies? Furthermore when the divorce rate is something like 40%, are average people in a position to judge him? 

At least Tiger did apologize and repent for his mistakes, as opposed to the president who seems to be quite comfortable with his choices.

• Wayne likes this

#32 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:43 PM

MarkoJ, on 24 Sept 2018 - 1:40 PM, said:

The man is a victim. "Addicted to Sex".

https://www.reuters....E61I61S20100219

• lanforod likes this

#33 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:46 PM

I agree that Tiger's legacy will always be tainted by his conduct outside the golf course.

But that being said, how many other sports personalities, celebrities, musicians, politicians, etc. have had their own controversies? Furthermore when the divorce rate is something like 40%, are average people in a position to judge him? 

At least Tiger did apologize and repent for his mistakes, as opposed to the president who seems to be quite comfortable with his choices.

Lebron James and Federer both come to mind. Both are another level above Tiger in their respective sports and Lebron's biggest controversy is "the decision." Has Federer ever had one?

It's not like Tiger had an affair with one person...he was with 10 +/- women trying to keep it hush hush.

#34 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:52 PM

Lebron James and Federer both come to mind. Both are another level above Tiger in their respective sports and Lebron's biggest controversy is "the decision." Has Federer ever had one?

It's not like Tiger had an affair with one person...he was with 10 +/- women trying to keep it hush hush.

I call BS on that. Tiger is either the top golfer of all time or the 2nd best, depending on your view point. Those guys are effectively at the same level in their respective sport. 

Don't have to respect the man, but I totally respect the athlete.

• Bingo likes this

#35 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

I call BS on that. Tiger is either the top golfer of all time or the 2nd best, depending on your view point. Those guys are effectively at the same level in their respective sport. 

Don't have to respect the man, but I totally respect the athlete.

In my opinion he is not even close to Federer. Federer vs Tiger was debated in 2008/2009 but not since then. Federer has won another 7 majors and Tiger 0.

Lebron you can argue the lack of championships compared to MJ but basketball is a team game and if your team sucks you don't win championships. Individual stats he will crush everything and everyone. I also think he is on a level higher than Tiger.

Until Tiger wins 5 more majors he is below both for sure.

I don't think you can ignore consistency either. Lebron has been to the NBA finals 8 straight years and Federer even when he wasn't winning majors he was making it to semis and finals. Tiger hasn't been in the running for years.

Edited by MarkoJ, 24 September 2018 - 04:00 PM.

#36 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:04 PM

Due to health issues, not performance issues.

• Bingo likes this

#37 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:46 AM

Tiger was decidedly off at the Ryder Cup. At the final press conference he looked ill, I mean really ill.

Team USA got their asskicked, wonder if Trumper - "always winning -  :banana: "  has tweeted about it.

#38 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:45 AM

Well done. It been awhile. I don't think anyone can argue he is back.

https://www.cbc.ca/s...recap-1.5097710

#39 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,856 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:16 PM

this is good for golf.

#40 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:42 PM

this is good for golf.

Good for him. He made a mistake, owned it and then slowly climbed his way back up to the top.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users