Photo

Tiger Woods

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:28 PM

Way back in 2008 after his marital indiscretions I said he'd never win a tournament again, never mind a major. In 2009 he won 6 PGA tournaments now he's just done the impossible and won another major.

I'm sick of eating humble pie.

Great win Tiger hope you win many more.
  • Mike K. and Redd42 like this

#42 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:55 AM

yes it was quite a win

#43 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:41 PM

yes it was quite a win

He's getting a Presidential Medal of Freedom, apparently

#44 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:26 PM

If you missed it, read this very long article about Tiger's obsession with the US Navy SEALs following his near-mental breakdown following the death of his father.

Tiger was a natural introvert, and the financial interest for him to be extroverted really drove a wedge in his personality. Being a celebrity changed him and he struggled with that -- and he struggled with the fact that he struggled with that."

Tiger and a group of five or six (Navy SEALs) went to a diner in La Posta. The waitress brought the check and the table went silent, according to two people there that day. Nobody said anything and neither did Tiger, and the other guys sort of looked at one another.

Finally one of the SEALs said, "Separate checks, please."

The waitress walked away.

"We are all baffled," says one SEAL, a veteran of numerous combat deployments. "We are sitting there with Tiger f---ing Woods, who probably makes more than all of us combined in a day. He's shooting our ammo, taking our time. He's a weird f---ing guy. That's weird s---. Something's wrong with you."

http://www.espn.com/...arl-woods-death

Edited by Rob Randall, 23 April 2019 - 04:27 PM.

#45 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:43 PM

Tiger Woods was driving nearly 90 mph — twice the posted speed limit — on a downhill stretch of road when he lost control of an SUV outside Los Angeles and crashed in a wreck that left the golf superstar seriously injured, authorities said Wednesday.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva blamed the Feb. 23 crash solely on excessive speed and Woods’ loss of control behind the wheel. The athlete will not face any citations for his third high-profile collision in 11 years.

https://www.vicnews....ed-suv-near-la/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 April 2021 - 04:43 PM.

#46 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:28 PM

Twice the legal posted limit, and his third "high profile" collision in 11 years?* No sympathy for the guy. Zero. None. Nada. It would seem Mr Woods has, um, "judgement issues". Or perhaps its an entitlement complex?

Purely out of curiosity I wonder for the average Joe - who doesn't get cut a break by the system because he isn't a famous uber-wealthy athlete - what the penalty or "citation" would be for having this s****y of a driving record?

It would surprise me not if insurers in whatever jurisdiction he lives in don't fall all over themselves in trying to woo him as a customer, in spite of his abysmal driving ability and propensity for crashing vehicles into fire hydrants, center medians and falling asleep behind the wheel with multiple prescription drugs in his system.

*NOTE: at age 60 and having been legally driving since 1976 I have exactly NO "high profile crashes" in my driving history. And I'm pretty certain most other regular people can make the same statement....

• SimonH likes this

#47 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:34 PM

Purely out of curiosity I wonder for the average Joe - who doesn't get cut a break by the system because he isn't a famous uber-wealthy athlete - what the penalty or "citation" would be for having this s****y of a driving record?

There were no witnesses to the accident, he wasn't clocked by the police going that speed, no alcohol or drugs involved, pretty thin gruel for charges.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#48 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:39 PM

There were no witnesses to the accident, he wasn't clocked by the police going that speed, no alcohol or drugs involved, pretty thin gruel for charges.

Pretty sure cops have good tried and true procedures including everything from measuring skid marks, to ascertaining the energy required to do "x" damage to the vehicle, not to mention onboard sensors which are standard on vehicles since the 00's, to fairly accurately determine his speed. His record alone clearly suggests he's not the smartest person behind the wheel which will certainly cause investigators to dig in deep.

#49 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:51 PM

^There were no skid marks, indications are he hit the gas pedal rather than the brake.

All that information is available but not sure if it is legal to use it, sort of like testifying against yourself.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#50 m3m

m3m
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:55 PM

Why would they dig deep? It’s a single vehicle collision. Nobody but the Tiger was injured. The evidence suggests that Tiger inadvertently pressed the gas rather than the break while navigating a notoriously dangerous stretch of road that he was unfamiliar with in a car that he wasn’t familiar driving.
  • Danma likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users