Jump to content



A lawyer with experience of non-resident Canadians

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Thatcher Smith

Thatcher Smith
  • Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:42 PM

Could someone mention a law firm which would would have had experience with handling a real estate transaction where the vendor is a non-resident Canadian?  There are some (relatively straightforward) tax issues but it would be good to deal with someone who has been done the track before.

#2 MarkoJ

  • Member
  • 5,034 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

I think what you need moreso than a lawyer is an accountant.  


Janes Burns from http://www.burnsandco.ca/ has handled a few things for my non-resident sellers.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2019 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com - MLS® from $899 and $1,000 cash back for buyers | www.834sales.com & www.promontoryforsale.com - Building(s) specialist 

Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!



#3 North Shore

North Shore
  • Member
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:35 PM

Try The Expatriate Group  www.expat.ca  They usually deal with people leaving Canada, and trying to get their affairs in order as an expat, so they might be able to help..

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users