Photo

Saint Franks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Larry Epworth

Larry Epworth
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:14 AM

A new venue 'Saint Franks' opened last night at 1320 Broad Street in what used to be the rising star bakery location, I think. You can have a beer and a hot dog, play some pinball and even get a haircut if you feel so inclined. A collaboration of the owners of Victory Barber & Brand and Wheelies Motorcycles. I'm a big fan of these businesses and expect this to be another successful venture. Looks pretty cool.   

Website says 'coming soon' http://saint-franks-...uarespace.com/ 

Instagram @saintfranks 

• Mr Cook Street likes this

#2 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:36 AM

A collaboration of the owners of Victory Barber & Brand and Wheelies Motorcycles.

So, overpriced hipster hotdogs? :thumbsup:

• Baro and Dr. Barillas like this

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#3 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:05 AM

The description reads like an onion article or a parody on urban hipsterism.  There's a market for that though!

• LocalMom and D.L. like this
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,405 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

For hair challenged gentlemen like myself, I finally have a reason to go to a barbershop :)

On Citified: Beer. Hot dogs. Haircuts. A barbershop of the future debuts on Broad Street

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 Dietrich

Dietrich
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:31 PM

Dogs, broads, barbers, beats and beer in one joint? Brothers can't keep up with that.

#6 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

On a slightly more serious note (or as serious as one can be with this absurd idea) how can food preparation be conducted in venue full of cut hair? Do you have to sign a waiver that says you cannot send food back if you find a hair in it?

• Nparker likes this

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#7 Larry Epworth

Larry Epworth
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

Good question. It looks as though the barber chairs are in a separate glassed in room so maybe that segregates the usages from a health standpoint?  

#8 DirtyBoots

DirtyBoots
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

On a slightly more serious note (or as serious as one can be with this absurd idea) how can food preparation be conducted in venue full of cut hair? Do you have to sign a waiver that says you cannot send food back if you find a hair in it?

When they built Lacey-Lou's they went to great expense to create a tattoo parlor in the back, glassed in and separated from the food and libations.  It never really worked out, but the new owners obviously saw an opportunity.  Besides that, they're after the hotdog and beer crowd.. so.. me?  And I'm not concerned in the least.

#9 Greg

Greg
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

Like a human hair is the worst thing to be found in a hot dog...

• Mike K., LocalMom and tedward like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users