Photo

Butchart Gardens

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#221 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 11:06 PM

…We already know, from science, that virtually all of the moon rocks on earth are in fact fake...

What is the basis of this assertion?

#222 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,870 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 06:04 AM

Sigh. I try to answer a question honestly and to the best of my knowledge and you guys freak out, possibly because it doesn't correlate to your own pre-conceived notions and beliefs? Maybe you should start an echo chamber of conspiracy stuff on another site - perhaps that would make you happy?

It’s not conspiracy. If that’s your only retort, you better pack a lunch, with this crowd! :banana:

Let’s wind this back (which we can do, unlike NASA). You said:

If you really want to have your mind bent, folded and stapled you should read NASA: Dark Mission to learn about the (alleged) symbology in that org. Spoiler alert: according to the author there were/are three primary elements within NASA, from its earliest years anyway, controlling and orchestrating its 'mission'; namely they were the Masons, the Nazis and a group broadly referred to as the Magicians which practiced what was termed "magick", naturally of the dubious variety, and who were distant offshoots of masonic thought and principles.

Buzz Aldrin: performed a Masonic ritual on the moon.
Wernher von Braun: Nazi rocket scientist, who commandeered a former Nazi crew in the US.
Jack Parsons: occultist who ran with Crowley, and was engaged in out of this world rituals.

All three are facts, so if you’re calling it conspiracy, it doesn’t match with your own preconceived notions :banana:

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#223 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,870 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 06:12 AM

What is the basis of this assertion?

I admit, it’s the mainstream press, so who knows:

The discovery of a fake moon rock in the Netherlands' national museum should be a wake-up call for more than 130 countries that received gifts of lunar rubble from both the Apollo 11 flight in 1969 and Apollo 17 three years later.

- https://www.nbcnews....mp/wbna32840132

So the story goes, in that article, that not only could moon rocks be fake, we may never know because the ones that were gifted were likely stolen and are in private hands.

Doesn’t this all just sound like a bad comedy? NASA overwrites tapes capturing mankind’s greatest achievement, moon rocks are real but they’re stolen so we’ll never know. Google couldn’t send a rover to the moon landing site because it’s a national historic site now (or something similar). Etc. It’s all so hokey.

Now that being said, who knows. But I can also imagine that we may have sent probes to the moon, which retrieved moon rocks. But people? It just seems peculiar we’ve never done it since.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#224 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:09 AM

Mike, sadly, we lost the technology that allows us to send people to the moon.

If you want further evidence that points to a conclusion that we’ve never been there in the first place, look at the plan for the Artemis missions and see how many rockets are expected to be required to get a man on the moon. Hint – it’s a lot.

#225 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:15 AM

Going to try bringing this back to Butchart Gardens.
Could it be possible that the reason we can’t go back to the moon, is the same principal that would make it impossible to develop the gardens today?

I’ve said this before – almost none of our national historic sites would be allowed built today. There are too many environmental, safety, aboriginal, etc. restrictions. Heck, a private parcel of land in central Sandwich is being appropriated by a municipal government simply because they had their eye on it and couldn’t get the deal they wanted. Anyone believe that a former quarry could be turned into a bustling tourist site, with all kinds of non-native plants, using artificial fertilizers, right next to Tod Inlet?

Maybe it’s that same spirit of no – can - do attitude, via severe overregulation, that has made a mission to the moon practical impossibility.

#226 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,870 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:54 AM

The Chinese and Indians are likely to return before we do, if it’s even possible for us to return. The US says China is interested in the dark side of the moon, but don’t know why.

Isn’t it obvious? They’d be able to do whatever they want without being supervised.

Know it all.

#227 Nparker

Nparker
  • 41,084 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:58 AM

This is both the most off-topic and wackiest VV thread ever.  :blink:

• phx, Matt R. and dasmo like this

#228 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,870 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:00 AM

Why is it wacky?

Things you may not know about or understand aren’t wacky because you don’t know much about them.

Butchart Gardens has a giant banner on a highway that evokes Masonic symbolism. The founder of the gardens was a self-described Mason. How is this off-topic? It’s a Masonic institution, possibly, so we’re going to talk about it :banana:

Know it all.

#229 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,417 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:20 AM

Naw, the only reason we're talking about it is because you've got something against masonry for some reason.

• Nparker likes this

#230 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,663 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:26 AM

Naw, the only reason we're talking about it is because you've got something against masonry for some reason.

001_RBI-image-1018814.jpeg

• Nparker and lanforod like this

#231 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,870 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:41 AM

I happen to be learning masonry as we speak. I can’t wait to build my first wall, soon.

Know it all.

#232 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:42 AM

Some photos of Freemason symbols that may or may not be present at Butchart Gardens. Note Floor patterns. Columns. In the follow posts there arre staircases with 3, 5, & 7 steps. Blazing star designs in the pond and maybe the roof structure of the carousel building. I didn't find a photo of an Acacia tree, but I'm sure they have one at the Gardens. 

Attached Images

• 3.PNG
  • 2.PNG
  • 1.PNG

Edited by max.bravo, 07 May 2024 - 10:44 AM.

#233 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:43 AM

More

Attached Images

• 11.PNG
  • 7.PNG
  • 5.PNG

#234 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:43 AM

Last one

Attached Images

• 12.PNG

#235 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,870 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:46 AM

Nice work.

There’s power to symbols and numbers. People who believe in that stuff don’t care if others don’t believe. As ASE says, whatever they are doing is powerful enough to where they’ll meet clandestinely just to talk about it.

Know it all.

#236 Nparker

Nparker
  • 41,084 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 11:25 AM

I repeat. Wacky, off-topic thread.

Sometimes a garden is just a garden.

• LJ, Benezet and lanforod like this

#237 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 03:17 PM

…Butchart Gardens has a giant banner on a highway that evokes Masonic symbolism. The founder of the gardens was a self-described Mason. How is this off-topic? It’s a Masonic institution, possibly, so we’re going to talk about it.

I would most strongly encourage you to talk about it on CFAX, and on the Vibrant Victoria Facebook group, too.
  • Matt R., lanforod and max.bravo like this

#238 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,870 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 04:02 PM

Would love to. Masonic symbolism is deeply woven into Victoria’s architecture, after all. Which landmark should we start with, Benezet?

Know it all.

#239 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 04:52 PM

Mike, no doubt the members of Freemasonry had an enormous influence over the last couple hundred years. But membership numbers are dismal these days, aren’t they?

Do you think the organization still has a significant influence in society?
And sub question: are there any current political/business/thought leaders who are Freemasons? (Besides ASE of course!)

#240 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 05:33 PM

Would love to. Masonic symbolism is deeply woven into Victoria’s architecture, after all. Which landmark should we start with, Benezet?

I’m not proposing you provide a sampling of FM landmarks in the region.

Specifically, I wish to see you go out in the world beyond this cozy forum and broadcast exactly what you say here about Freemasonry being Satanic, and Butchart’s being a Freemason institution.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users