Photo

Victoria Police Chief Frank Elsner Investigated for inappropriate Twitter exchanges with wife of officer

• Please log in to reply
1327 replies to this topic

#1301 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:49 AM

And the deletion would occurred after the BC Privacy Commissioner having released her report into the triple-delete scandal by the Liberals, so awareness over email deletion has been heightened since then.
  • rmpeers likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1302 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:55 AM

More great work from Focus. Pretty sure it won't make a difference. Focus could unearth evidence of any number of horrendous misdeeds and the Mayors followers would just sit there saying how neat the bike lanes are. Women's lives ruined? No worries.
  • Midnightly, pennymurphy2000 and A Girl is No one like this

#1303 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:28 PM

More great work from Focus. Pretty sure it won't make a difference. Focus could unearth evidence of any number of horrendous misdeeds and the Mayors followers would just sit there saying how neat the bike lanes are. Women's lives ruined? No worries.

The one thing it does is put pressure on some of the Mayor's supporters. 

• rmpeers likes this

#1304 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 04:06 PM

Having heard nothing lately, am I correct that the Teflon mayor got her wish and the despicable handling of the Elsner affair and mishandling if tax dollars has all been swept under the rug and forgotten?
  • pennymurphy2000 likes this

#1305 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:16 PM

Hard to believe amiright?

#1306 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 08:23 PM

There are still people submitting Freedom of Imformation requests.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#1307 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:49 AM

There are still people submitting Freedom of Imformation requests.

So 5 years from now we will have our answers?!

#1308 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:11 AM

^ There may never be answers unless the BC Solicitor General accepts the importance of knowing the truth.

#1309 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:02 AM

So 5 years from now we will have our answers?!

Or never, judging by the Focus story about the mayor deleting her emails regarding the investigation.

Also, given the fact that more than 12,000 Victoria voters spoke out in support of sexual harrassment in last year's election, I'm not sure that any of it makes much of a difference. I am still shocked that that many of my fellow citizens have stone age morals.

#1310 Daveyboy

Daveyboy
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:43 AM

^ There may never be answers unless the BC Solicitor General accepts the importance of knowing the truth.

And I would add that if he would be willing to share the truth with the people of BC!

#1311 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:32 PM

So it would appear if you're tireless with your search for the truth, the truth can be found. 

Well at least maybe the missing emails that could perhaps shine some light on the dark truth can be found...and apparently there are 271 of them plus 152 pages of attachments that took the power of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner to unearth. 

All of this material hasn't been provided yet as I'm sure there are a few hundred hours of work to redact out names and "private" information....but at least they have been found.

Kudos to David Broadland of Focus Magazine for his relentless search for the...you know...the truth!

Stay tuned.

https://www.focusonv...ing-emails-r11/

• kjf, A Girl is No one, rmpeers and 1 other like this

#1312 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

Further to David's quest to assist Help's desire to "have someone look at the report carefully" he shouldn't neglect Desjardins' statement to have a "complete forensic look at what happened..."

Don't believe me? Have a gander at this video starting with the question at about 1:13 to 2:33

EDIT: having trouble with the youtube link it won't show for some reason.

#1313 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:10 PM

link

https://youtu.be/ynr833kIAO0

#1314 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:15 PM

Thanks Rob. That is weird. I think Mike forgot to feed the mice in the engine room today.

#1315 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:39 AM

So it would appear if you're tireless with your search for the truth, the truth can be found. 

Well at least maybe the missing emails that could perhaps shine some light on the dark truth can be found...and apparently there are 271 of them plus 152 pages of attachments that took the power of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner to unearth. 

All of this material hasn't been provided yet as I'm sure there are a few hundred hours of work to redact out names and "private" information....but at least they have been found.

Kudos to David Broadland of Focus Magazine for his relentless search for the...you know...the truth!

Stay tuned.

https://www.focusonv...ing-emails-r11/

It won't be that simple unfortunately. The 271 emails and attachments will be redacted and then Focus will have to dispute those redactions. Depending on how far the City wants to go to delay the process, it could be years until we get the full details. 

What is a disgrace is how City staff will go unpunished for attempting to withhold information by stating that it was deleted or unavailable, that will only encourage them to continue to do so.

• rmpeers likes this

#1316 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:07 AM

What is a disgrace is how City staff will go unpunished for attempting to withhold information by stating that it was deleted or unavailable, that will only encourage them to continue to do so.

It would be even more disgraceful if it is found that staff were directed from above to suggest that they were no longer in existance.

The mere thought of documents that are subject to the FOI act being subjected to a now you see it...now you don’t...and now you see it again type of disclosure has now become an issue of its own.

The whole premise of why the Freedom of Information legislation was initiated in the first place was to “unhide” backroom dealings that were previously sheltered from the public’s view.
  • pennymurphy2000 likes this

#1317 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:28 AM

We deserve an explanation as to why they misled Focus about whether the records existed. Very fishy. This whole saga has stunk all along and one gets the sense the deception continues.

The mayor's supporters won't care, of course; but those of us who think harassment should not be systematically covered up deserve answers.

So strange that the metoo movement never reached "progressive" Victoria.
  • Midnightly and pennymurphy2000 like this

#1318 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:44 AM

...The mayor's supporters won't care, of course...

And that's the crux of the issue. No matter what is brought to light now, it will have no effect on Her Worseship since her Pavlovian dogs will still salivate at her every proclamation. 

• pennymurphy2000 and rmpeers like this

#1319 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:31 PM

We deserve an explanation as to why they misled Focus about whether the records existed. Very fishy. This whole saga has stunk all along and one gets the sense the deception continues.

The mayor's supporters won't care, of course; but those of us who think harassment should not be systematically covered up deserve answers.

So strange that the metoo movement never reached "progressive" Victoria.

I think the #me too movement did make it to Victoria. I clearly remember her Worseship posting her very own #metoo moment about a boy when she was 13.

#1320 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:24 PM

I think the #me too movement did make it to Victoria. I clearly remember her Worseship posting her very own #metoo moment about a boy when she was 13.

The trouble with not having a sarcasm font. Indeed the mayor was happy to talk about metoo and support; however when something happened on her own watch, victims' rights suddenly took a back seat to the mayor's own political interests. And rather than own up to it, she is still apparently scrambling to cover her tracks.
  • spanky123, Midnightly and A Girl is No one like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users