Photo

The Urban - 932 Johnson Street

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:29 PM

I see there isn't a topic for this building yet. Does anyone have any background on it? (builder, architect, developer, how it was received, if it sold well etc.)

Came across at Condo Group YouTube video here and recent rental listing on Used Vic for the top floor unit here

The real question is though, is this a bathroom or a bedroom in it... or both.  :confused: 

Attached Images

• Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 11.25.13 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 11.27.18 PM.png

Edited by Mixed365, 01 February 2016 - 11:30 PM.

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#2 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:55 PM

I think it's about ten years old. 39 units.

The real question is though, is this a bathroom or a bedroom in it... or both.  :confused:

I have seen some condos with bedroom/bathtub combos that are quite luxurious and romantic. This is not one of them.
  • Jill likes this

#3 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:21 AM

Not a fan of the tub-in-the-room (or its weird sibling, the completely open bathroom) no matter how luxuriously done, but that's just bad. The whole place looks cheap and thrown together (and the top of whatever that thing is in the corner of the kitchen needs dusting, big time). If an architect was involved, I'd guess it was Alan Smithee.

• johnk and nagel like this

#4 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:41 AM

ya...a one bathroom apartment, literally on bathroom, needs to be high design otherwise it just doesn't work....

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:57 AM

Is that carpeting?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,331 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 01:32 AM

$329,900

108 932 Johnson St

https://www.realtor....ctoria-downtown

Welcome to your charming urban oasis in the heart of downtown Victoria! This pet-friendly bachelor suite offers open-concept living with a gas fireplace, in-suite laundry, and common rooftop patio. With no rental restrictions, it's perfect for investors and renters alike. Enjoy your morning coffee and breakfast on the go at Cafe 932, located on the main floor. All amenities are just a short stroll away, including great shopping, dining, and entertainment. Additional features include storage, bicycle parking, and secured underground parking. Whether you're a first-time buyer or an investor, this suite offers the perfect balance of convenience and comfort. Experience the best of urban living in this great rental property - make it your new home today!

928130_2.jpg

I'm guessing they did not use a professional staging company here?

928130_5.jpg

They have the office in the kitchen and no photos of the living/bedroom area or bathroom.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 04 April 2023 - 01:38 AM.

#7 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 04:15 PM

They have a tenant living in the unit while it's up for sale. It's a 375 sqft studio so there's no bedroom to photograph or anywhere for the current occupant to move their office space.

It always amazes me how small these studios can be, yet you rarely see space-saving furniture built in like murphy beds or sliding shelves. 

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 08:46 PM

Going by the last image there, what else is the strata skimping on, for the patio to be in such rough shape? They should maintain the common property a little better.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users