BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#2001 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,083 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:52 PM

why wouldn’t Levi podcast his attempts at home car repairs. or even better Canadian Tire parking lot repairs, that’s always classic.

now that I’d watch!

then he could have another podcast of just him trying to get the grease off his lovely hands after each repair attempt.

that’s two more channels just right there.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 23 March 2021 - 01:55 PM.

#2002 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:24 PM

why wouldn’t Levi podcast his attempts at home car repairs.

You've seen his place, no room to keep all the tools!

• Victoria Watcher likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2003 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:30 PM

I would also watch a podcast where Levi attempts to secure additional storage space in his condo building, and in the broader community at large.

Now that’s three new channels I’ve come up with.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 23 March 2021 - 02:30 PM.

#2004 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:31 PM

Next up: The Paint Drying Channel.

• Victoria Watcher and Birdhouse24 like this

#2005 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:34 PM

I also expect Levi to make many of the repairs with just his bare hands, quick wit, and a pocket knife (see my greasy hands channel).

#2006 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:37 PM

I would also watch a podcast where Levi attempts to secure additional storage space in his condo building, and in the broader community at large.

Now that’s three new channels I’ve come up with.

He's already covered that in a few episodes. You could also subscribe to his wife's sexual health podcast. Very popular apparently. I'm imagining Dr Ruth but decades younger.

#2007 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 03:02 PM

Hi guys,
I have a quick question regarding a parking lot. 
could we choose our parking spot now near the elevator as I have a wheelchair pass?

#2008 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 24 March 2021 - 03:10 PM

I’m good with it - maybe bring it up with the strata, but you can tell them Zoomer has your back.
  • Matt R. likes this

#2009 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 04:45 PM

$649,900

N312 1105 Pandora Ave

2 br - 2bth

814 sqft

The 814 sq. foot 2 br 2 bath resale has also apparently sold at full ask of $650,000

#2010 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 09:13 PM

I’m good with it - maybe bring it up with the strata, but you can tell them Zoomer has your back.

How can I contact with strata? 

I do not have strata information as our apartment is in south side and it is not finish yet.

#2011 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 09:22 PM

Hi guys,
could we choose our parking spot now near the elevator as I have a wheelchair pass?

You would be advised to speak to the developer as they alone are assigning specific spots and this becomes a permanent part of your unit allotment. I know that I insisted on a contractual addendum that addresses the assignment of the parking spot. I also see that one of the three bedroom apartments that is currently being resold has two spots assigned, so speak to the developer. The strata could possibly have a minor degree of leverage to get somebody to eventually swap their assigned spot for yours but that is in no way necessary or even within the power of the strata.

#2012 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 12:13 PM

Hi guys,

Semi related note, but I do not believe an automated door opener button exists for door between the P1 lobby/parkade.  It's just a fob swipe and a push/pull for the door. 

I think that having a button there would be helpful for wheelchair access.  I will check again when I move in at end of month, in case I just didn't see it on my previous visit.

#2013 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 02:07 PM

If I recall, my last building did not include one either, directly onto the parking area. Only the interior door which lead to the elevator bay included the auto door. Perhaps that’s fire code.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2014 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 02:08 PM

Semi related note, but I do not believe an automated door opener button exists for door between the P1 lobby/parkade.  It's just a fob swipe and a push/pull for the door. 

I think that having a button there would be helpful for wheelchair access.  I will check again when I move in at end of month, in case I just didn't see it on my previous visit.

Oh, that's a miss. Definitely not Forward Living when mobility challenges can't participate.

#2015 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 March 2021 - 02:34 PM

A friend of mine uses a wheelchair and they had the front door of his condo building retrofitted with a remote operated power opener.  The strata should be able to handle this easily.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2016 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 05:35 PM

If I recall, my last building did not include one either, directly onto the parking area. Only the interior door which lead to the elevator bay included the auto door. Perhaps that’s fire code.

Yeah, great point - My current building has the same lack of button for the door leading into the underground parkade.

#2017 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 05:59 AM

Any current residents able to help with something?
My heated floors in bathroom take about an hour to raise 2 degrees from room temp 20c to 22c when I set it super high like 35c go get it going. Developer says this is expected. Seems useless.
Also, can anyone use both their dishwasher drawers at once? Mine trips the breaker every time.

#2018 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:13 AM

You would be advised to speak to the developer as they alone are assigning specific spots and this becomes a permanent part of your unit allotment. I know that I insisted on a contractual addendum that addresses the assignment of the parking spot. I also see that one of the three bedroom apartments that is currently being resold has two spots assigned, so speak to the developer. The strata could possibly have a minor degree of leverage to get somebody to eventually swap their assigned spot for yours but that is in no way necessary or even within the power of the strata.

Thank you so much, My husband will email Anna and ask her.

#2019 Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:15 AM

Any current residents able to help with something?
My heated floors in bathroom take about an hour to raise 2 degrees from room temp 20c to 22c when I set it super high like 35c go get it going. Developer says this is expected. Seems useless.
Also, can anyone use both their dishwasher drawers at once? Mine trips the breaker every time.

That doesn't sound right to me....why would you have an appliance that cant be fully used.

Sounds like something for the 15 month warranty review.

#2020 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:30 AM

sounds like they have wired that with the wrong breaker. or the appliance has a fault.

If only there were an electrician on this board.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 March 2021 - 09:32 AM.

• Rob Randall likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users