BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#2101 Jenny

Jenny
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:13 PM

Will post some pics after this post. Unit and construction looks great, a few cosmetic issues as well as one window that would not open. Rooftop area is really nice and will great for spending time in I think. Our main issue was that our unit and the materials we were given when it was sold to us clearly stated it was a '2 bedroom' and therefore would have full sized kitchen appliances (Fisher & Paykel 30" stovetop, 2 door fridge, etc). That was not the case in the unit and we have the studio sized appliances, big issue for us as we are big cooks and had we known this would be the case would have purchased a different unit. Anyone in a 'junior 2 bed' have this issue, or have advice on what to do?

• xPETEx and Victoria Watcher like this

#2102 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:16 PM

Sounds like the whole kitchen needs to get redone. May be time to call the lawyer.

• Matt R. likes this

#2103 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,083 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:17 PM

Will post some pics after this post. Unit and construction looks great, a few cosmetic issues as well as one window that would not open. Rooftop area is really nice and will great for spending time in I think. Our main issue was that our unit and the materials we were given when it was sold to us clearly stated it was a '2 bedroom' and therefore would have full sized kitchen appliances (Fisher & Paykel 30" stovetop, 2 door fridge, etc). That was not the case in the unit and we have the studio sized appliances, big issue for us as we are big cooks and had we known this would be the case would have purchased a different unit. Anyone in a 'junior 2 bed' have this issue, or have advice on what to do?

looking forward to the photos.

#2104 Jenny

Jenny
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:29 PM

Ok here is a few pics, apologies for quality we were a bit rushed taking them!

Also worth noting we were able to see our assigned parking, storage and garden plot of the roof which is installed with irrigation. The countertops were also switched from concrete w/ glass to quartz in what sounds like all the units.

And for reference we chose the 'water' scheme for all of our colours!

Attached Images

• IMG_4959-preview.JPG
  • Closet.jpg
  • door.jpg
  • kitchen.jpg
  • living.jpg
  • room.jpg
  • washers.jpg

• Nparker, kitty surprise and Birdhouse24 like this

#2105 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:32 PM

looks nice.  

#2106 xPETEx

xPETEx
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 02:14 PM

We have a junior 2 bed in the south buildingand it has full size appliances. Photos here: https://share.icloud...10jAwgnTNL59ktQ
  • Birdhouse24 likes this

#2107 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 02:56 PM

Looking great!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2108 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:17 PM

As I just checked all the floor plans I have noticed that for all types of units from the studio to 3 bedrooms they have shown the same size refrigerator which obviously is not the same right now.

just some more questions:

1. How long does your walkthrough take? have you had enough time to check all drains in the kitchen and bathroom and also appliances like washer/dryer?
2. what did they say regarding the size of appliances?

#2109 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 04:04 PM

I would suspect that the size of appliances would be a major issue for a lot of people, Would not the whole kitchen counter have to be resized or replaced to accommodate standard appliances. 

#2110 Jenny

Jenny
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 20 April 2021 - 05:14 PM

As I just checked all the floor plans I have noticed that for all types of units from the studio to 3 bedrooms they have shown the same size refrigerator which obviously is not the same right now.

just some more questions:

1. How long does your walkthrough take? have you had enough time to check all drains in the kitchen and bathroom and also appliances like washer/dryer?
2. what did they say regarding the size of appliances?

Hey Mary, 

Yeah I noticed the same thing. They are checking with the developer about it, not sure what is going to happen yet. I can defiantly see it being an issue for other people as well.

As for time we had about an hour which was plenty to check everything, they provided a checklist to note anything that we needed fixed and it was all marked with tape. We had brought our own list as well and I also had time to measure the rooms etc.

Edited by Jenny, 20 April 2021 - 05:14 PM.

#2111 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 06:28 PM

We have a junior 2 bed in the south buildingand it has full size appliances. Photos here: https://share.icloud...10jAwgnTNL59ktQ

Huh.. We have the same bathroom theme but my shower floor looks much weirder than yours...
Also, I have the water theme like another poster but their floors are darker than mine.. I actually like how my floors are though anyway
I’m guessing your nicer shower floor is a perk of a bigger unit?
BB7E61A8-F61C-44A2-87C8-B10B5B7FA443.jpeg A94CC37B-47E8-41DD-8C1C-1AD33C025605.jpeg

Edited by Moxuz, 20 April 2021 - 06:40 PM.

#2112 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 06:33 PM

I’m sure you have this but here is a form from when purchasing describing which sized appliances come with which units
AB5263AD-00DF-4B5C-B649-81C96D0D21F3.jpeg

#2113 Jenny

Jenny
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 20 April 2021 - 06:38 PM

I’m sure you have this but here is a form from when purchasing describing which sized appliances come with which units

Thanks Moxus! Yes that is indeed what we are looking at: here is our unit floorplan from sale, it says '2 bedroom'.

Attached Images

• Suite.jpg

Edited by Jenny, 20 April 2021 - 06:40 PM.

#2114 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 06:43 PM

Thanks Moxus! Yes that is indeed what we are looking at: here is our unit floorplan from sale, it says '2 bedroom'.

That’s such a cute layout!! Windows in the kitchen is so great. Sounds like they owe you some new appliances!!
  • Jenny likes this

#2115 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 06:44 PM

proceed as normal, bring up the issue and press it as you see fit.

it's unlikely you have the stomach for the legal fees you'd need to bring it to trial, and it's also unlikely the developer will not settle for something to solve it if you have a case.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 April 2021 - 06:44 PM.

• Moxuz and Jenny like this

#2116 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:07 PM

Hey Mary, 

Yeah I noticed the same thing. They are checking with the developer about it, not sure what is going to happen yet. I can defiantly see it being an issue for other people as well.

As for time we had about an hour which was plenty to check everything, they provided a checklist to note anything that we needed fixed and it was all marked with tape. We had brought our own list as well and I also had time to measure the rooms etc.

Thanks Jenny,

Please let us know if you will get any update from developer.

#2117 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:12 PM

attachicon.gif AB5263AD-00DF-4B5C-B649-81C96D0D21F3.jpeg

regarding this form, we have to have 30" refrigerator as junior 2 bedroom. 

we have to wait to go to unit and see what is there.

Edited by Mary_s, 20 April 2021 - 07:12 PM.

#2118 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:13 PM

Here our floor plan

Attached Images

• photo_2021-04-20_20-04-56.jpg

#2119 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,806 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:21 PM

Welcome aboard!

Best to ask the developer directly or go through your property lawyer I would expect.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#2120 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:09 PM

Hey Mary, 

I forget to mansion:

You said they are checking with developer regarding appliances size but as you walkthrough with Anna and she is the interior designer, she has to know about it.

Did you ask her?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users