BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#41 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:54 PM

I stopped by the showroom today....I like their 530 sq/ft two bedroom.  It's a super clever idea given the vacancy rate.

20161004_163904_1475624384328_resized.jpg

20161004_140655_1475624391547_resized.jpg

• kirk likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#42 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

I thought bedrooms had to have windows?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#43 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

I thought bedrooms had to have windows?

Yes they do. Otherwise it has to be called an office or den. Who'd want a bedroom without a window anyway?

#44 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:15 PM

Never take photography lessons from VHF.

#45 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:48 PM

Well the floor plan above has the office/ den labeled as bedroom 2.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#46 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

Perhaps I am misinterpreting the various renderings, but I can't see which section of this project is going to have 5 floors (as per the title of this thread). It all appears to be 4 floors. 

wade1.JPG

wade2.JPG

wade3.JPG

#47 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:33 PM

If a bedroom can appear from nowhere maybe a fifth floor will too.
  • Kapten Kapsell and Nparker like this

#48 aastra

aastra
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

This place should really transform that corner for the better. So has there been any uproar about it? Two blocks from Mason Street but a world away?

#49 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:03 PM

....Two blocks from Mason Street but a world away?

I know? Where's the uproar about the gentrification of that parking lot?

#50 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:03 PM

The Medical Arts building is actually five floors. From Pandora one of the floors is recessed, but from
Johnson you can see it.

There's a photo here: http://victoria.citi...andora-at-cook/ where you can see it.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#51 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:12 PM

Including what is essentially a basement is sort of stretching the definition of 5 floors, but I suppose technically there are 5 levels in the existing structure. None of the subterranean floor will be used as residences I would imagine. In the first proposals for this project additional floors were to be added to the top of the current building. Why do you suppose this concept was scrapped?

#52 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:23 PM

...From Pandora one of the floors is recessed, but from Johnson you can see it....

Here's an aerial shot showing the half underground "first" floor.

The Wade5.JPG

This is going to be such an improvement for this site. It sure is funny how there was nary a peep of controversy about this compared to the years of bloodshed at the St, Andrew's site barely a block to the west. 

#53 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:27 PM

The ground floor will be used for commercial spaces, from what I understand.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#54 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:41 AM

The building won't shade anyone's "farm" nor is there any planned competition to welburns so it should be fine, politically.

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#55 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:14 AM

The building won't shade anyone's "farm" nor is there any planned competition to welburns so it should be fine, politically.

Oh I understand the reason why this one sailed through. It just emphasizes the hypocrisy of those who decried the St. Andrew's proposal even more. The "something better" crowd.

#56 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:15 AM

Although the sales centre is now open, have sales to the public actually commenced, i.e. can anyone purchase a unit in this development now? 

#57 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:46 AM

Oh I understand the reason why this one sailed through. It just emphasizes the hypocrisy of those who decried the St. Andrew's proposal even more. The "something better" crowd.

St. Andrews is North Park while The Wade is in Fernwood so that should be taken into consideration. The relative strength of the community association and their views on large developments are in play.

While I'm at it, Black and White condo proposal is in Fairfield, the Robbins Parking headquarters across the street is in Fernwood and the Subway Sandwich store across the street is Harris Green. Got it?

• Kapten Kapsell likes this

#58 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

St. Andrews is North Park while The Wade is in Fernwood so that should be taken into consideration. The relative strength of the community association and their views on large developments are in play.

While I'm at it, Black and White condo proposal is in Fairfield, the Robbins Parking headquarters across the street is in Fernwood and the Subway Sandwich store across the street is Harris Green. Got it?

By the same token, the fact that the former Crystal Court motel site is in James Bay has allowed its (vocal) neighbourhood association to heavily influence what will be built on this site, despite the proximity to downtown (and even Fairfield).

#59 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:14 AM

And if I were King of the World I'd have a serious look at the boundaries of Victoria's neighbourhoods and an even more serious look at the excessive influence that NA's have regarding decisions at City Hall.

#60 aastra

aastra
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:18 AM

...Black and White condo proposal is in Fairfield, the Robbins Parking headquarters across the street is in Fernwood and the Subway Sandwich store across the street is Harris Green. Got it?

"Downtown" for short?

Even though I really like this medical building plan, I'd say the Mason Street project is very clearly in a higher tier re: overall esthetics. That seems to be the key re: generating a lot of outrage.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users