BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#1041 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 06:53 AM

Correct. The tire fire didn’t help, either.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1042 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:06 AM

It just takes a couple of days for the concrete to cure, no biggie.

three days minimum, 7 days if needed to support trucks (i.e. garbage trucks) like here.

#1043 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:46 AM

Yup, it’s not a big deal.

But it’s not garbage trucks that would enter that space. The pilot pick-ups go into the parkades to grab the bins and stand them out on the street for the garbage truck to unload. The big guys don’t enter parkades.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1044 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:44 PM

Gravel is down, but that’s it so far - pics I took earlier tonight.

Attached Images

• 5B3613DE-A454-4A44-B8E8-6A150AE54685.jpeg
  • D26CEA99-AF61-4D23-B65A-B33DA0EDB20B.jpeg

#1045 ollivier1

ollivier1
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:25 PM

From Sept 10th..

Edited by ollivier1, 11 September 2020 - 08:35 PM.

#1046 ollivier1

ollivier1
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 07:42 AM

weird.  I took a couple of pictures the other day of the parking ramp but can't get them to post with right orientation. Any suggestions?

#1047 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 12:21 PM

Post it up and I'll re-orient for you. Sometimes there is orientation meta-data that throws the uploader for a loop.

Know it all.

#1048 ollivier1

ollivier1
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:39 PM

Parking

Attached Images

• 85B51529-21B0-4C51-9EF6-35123DF5E41F.jpeg
  • 93E24022-97AB-447B-894E-2B37A12A9E43.jpeg

• Mike K., zoomer, Nparker and 3 others like this

#1049 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 04:56 AM

Parking

Nice pic of our laundry machines, too :)

#1050 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 04:52 PM

This just in...

September 24, 2020

To: Purchasers at THE WADE

RE: CURRENT STATUS AS THE WADE NEARS COMPLETION:

• Suites in the NORTH BUILDING are finished
• Hallway carpet in the NORTH BUILDING starts installation on September 29, 2020
• Drywalling and tiling has commenced in the SOUTH BUILDING

In order to get a phased occupancy (NORTH BUILDING before the SOUTH BUILDING), the following must be accomplished:

• Exterior sidewalks around the North Building and at the lobby entrance for the South Building
• Traffic membrane on the exterior parking and ramp to the parkade must be completed
• All emergency paths to be complete (breezeway and entrances/exits)

All of this work is underway and is the completion is subject to sub-contractors work schedules.

In addition to the above, in order to get occupancy, we require the installation of storage lockers which
has been delayed by the supplier until October 5, 2020.

In the first week of October, we are planning our first “City of Victoria” building inspection to achieve
occupancy in the NORTH BUILDING. This initial inspection (there are usually several inspections in the process) gives us a better understanding of what the “City of Victoria” requires to grant phased occupancy.

As it stands right now, in order to achieve occupancy in the NORTH BUILDING, we must also complete in the SOUTH BUILDING:

• Elevator lobbies
• Fire/sprinkler systems
• Stairwell hand rails
• Common hallway lights

We understand your frustrations regarding the delays. Believe us, we are just as frustrated. These delays
are out of our control and in the hands of the CITY requirements and sub-contractors availability.

At this point, we are not going to suggest another completion date. There are just too many external
factors at play.

As mentioned previously, South Building Purchasers: 90 to 120 days after the North Building.

Please rest assured we are working very hard and doing everything in our power to reach completion. Thank you all again for your understanding and patience.

THE WADE TEAM

#1051 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:24 PM

This just in...

We understand your frustrations regarding the delays. Believe us, we are just as frustrated. These delays
are out of our control and in the hands of the CITY requirements and sub-contractors availability.
At this point, we are not going to suggest another completion date. There are just too many external
factors at play.

WOW! As much as I like how The Wade is turning out (at least the exterior appearance), this is brutal. Talk about not accepting any responsibility. Many of the developers in town need to hire people who can take care of their communication and PR needs because it’s amateur hour out there.

#1052 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,344 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:28 PM

what's the hurry?  how many wade purchasers are on tight deadlines?

i don't understand the angst.

#1053 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:42 PM

what's the hurry?  how many wade purchasers are on tight deadlines?

i don't understand the angst.

Personally, while the delays are frustrating (mostly because I'm excited to move into my unit), I do at least appreciate the detailed updates. With my last pre-construction experience, we got strung along for months with the completion date shifting week by week, with little to no explanation as to why. I had to reschedule movers, hydro, and cable appointments multiple times. So from my perspective I would rather just receive a more definitive date (when there is one) than an arbitrary one that will constantly change. I bought into pre-construction again fully anticipating delays; as long as the final product is high quality, I'll be happy.

#1054 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:07 PM

WOW! As much as I like how The Wade is turning out (at least the exterior appearance), this is brutal. Talk about not accepting any responsibility. Many of the developers in town need to hire people who can take care of their communication and PR needs because it’s amateur hour out there.

Ah yes, those darn City requirements of having the sidewalk constructed outside the door and all of the emergency systems in working order before people can move in

• zoomer, aastra, Nparker and 2 others like this

#1055 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:11 AM

^Sounds like you're describing the Cherish seniors' home in Langford!

#1056 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:14 AM

Last year you guys were screaming from the rafters this project would never be completed, now you’re screaming from the rafters that it’s not being completed fast enough. That’s solid progress!
  • scotto203 likes this

Know it all.

#1057 TallGuy

TallGuy
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:01 PM

...These delays are out of our control and in the hands of the CITY requirements and sub-contractors availability....

I'm pretty sure these are BC Building Code requirements, but sure, tarnish your relationship with the City for not bothering to put the construction phase into MS Project and having absolutely no lag time between any of your dependencies, and clearly being way behind on ordering any of your long-lead items.

I'm not an owner or city worker, just a project manager who gets frustrated at poorly planned projects. And calling BCBC requirements "City requirements" is bush-league.

• zoomer and CitoyenduMonde like this

#1058 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:05 PM

Ah yes, those darn City requirements of having the sidewalk constructed outside the door and all of the emergency systems in working order before people can move in...

Is there any requirement to follow the requirements?

#1059 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:06 PM

You just can’t win.

In another thread there are complaints the ADP speaks in jargon and it’s indecipherable development-speak. Here the developer is speaking in simple terms to get a point across, and its bush-league that they’re not using indecipherable development-speak.

Who cares whether it’s the City or BCBC. To the buyer it’s inconsequential/immaterial/irrelevant.

Know it all.

#1060 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:18 PM

I appreciate the plain language here, but it’s dishonest and lacks any accountability. TallGuy sums it up perfectly, there’s no denying any of his points.
  • CitoyenduMonde likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)