BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#2061 Zzz

Zzz
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 06:36 PM

I'm hoping to do a few touch ups to the walls and ceilings and wanted to get a hold of the paint colours they used. I haven't heard back from West Water for a colour match - does anyone here have any suggestions?

I know they can match in the store but they typically need a toonie sized piece of wall and I'm not wanting to take that off!

It might be designer white. That’s what I remember from when I was picking colours. It could have been changed in all that time though. I’d like to know as well if you find out!

#2062 electriclemmon

electriclemmon
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 07:06 PM

Anyone know what the regulations are with the visitor underground parking?

#2063 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:01 PM

The developer let my realtor know that they're planning to start doing walkthroughs next week for units on the 2nd floor of the South building. They're also expecting the occupancy inspection to occur mid-April.

• Moxuz likes this

#2064 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 02:36 PM

I'm hoping to do a few touch ups to the walls and ceilings and wanted to get a hold of the paint colours they used. I haven't heard back from West Water for a colour match - does anyone here have any suggestions?

I know they can match in the store but they typically need a toonie sized piece of wall and I'm not wanting to take that off!

If you find out please let me know – I will need to buy some as well!

#2065 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 11:24 AM

The developer let my realtor know that they're planning to start doing walkthroughs next week for units on the 2nd floor of the South building. They're also expecting the occupancy inspection to occur mid-April.

Do you have a plan to hire an inspector for your walkthrough? 
The reason That I asked is I am not sure to hire the inspection or not.

#2066 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 April 2021 - 06:06 PM

I've been to 100+ deficiencies walk-throughs and while an inspector can be good value on a detached home, I haven't seen overwhelming value on brand new condos. 

• Victoria Watcher and Mary_s like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#2067 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:49 PM

A notice has been sent out to buyers on the second floor of the South build with details on how to book a walkthrough of their unit - mine is scheduled for this Friday. The notice also says that they'll be seeking the occupancy inspection towards the end of this month.

I'm only planning to bring my realtor with me. I had a pretty bad experience with the quality (or lack thereof) of the finishing in my last new-build condo, but I didn't feel as though there was anything I missed that an inspector would've caught. I'll likely come a bit more prepared to this one with a checklist of my own, but as Marko mentioned in another post, most of the important things are covered by the new home warranty anyway.

• Mary_s likes this

#2068 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:09 AM

A notice has been sent out to buyers on the second floor of the South build with details on how to book a walkthrough of their unit - mine is scheduled for this Friday. The notice also says that they'll be seeking the occupancy inspection towards the end of this month.

I'm only planning to bring my realtor with me. I had a pretty bad experience with the quality (or lack thereof) of the finishing in my last new-build condo, but I didn't feel as though there was anything I missed that an inspector would've caught. I'll likely come a bit more prepared to this one with a checklist of my own, but as Marko mentioned in another post, most of the important things are covered by the new home warranty anyway.

Thank you for your replay, Could you please share your checklist here, also please let us know if you see any specific issue during your inspection date because if your unit is on the second floor, your inspection date is sooner than our as we are on the 4th floor.

This is our first time that we buy a new condo so I want to make sure we haven't missed anything.

• ollivier1 and Jenny like this

#2069 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:23 PM

Thank you for your replay, Could you please share your checklist here, also please let us know if you see any specific issue during your inspection date because if your unit is on the second floor, your inspection date is sooner than our as we are on the 4th floor.

This is our first time that we buy a new condo so I want to make sure we haven't missed anything.

I was planning on using this one, or something similar if I can find one specific to condos:

https://johnmacdonal...gh-package1.pdf

• Sparky likes this

#2070 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:44 PM

I was planning on using this one, or something similar if I can find one specific to condos:

https://johnmacdonal...gh-package1.pdf

Thank you so much

• scotto203 likes this

#2071 Jenny

Jenny
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:47 AM

Mary_s, have you already been given an inspection date for your place on the 4th? We are on the 3rd and I have literally no concept anymore of when we should be expecting to move. I’m sure someone has posted this before but what would be a place I could get in touch with someone who might have more details? Developer etc.. thanks!!

#2072 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:16 AM

Mary_s, have you already been given an inspection date for your place on the 4th? We are on the 3rd and I have literally no concept anymore of when we should be expecting to move. I’m sure someone has posted this before but what would be a place I could get in touch with someone who might have more details? Developer etc.. thanks!!

Jenny, Actually, we are on the same page! I have no clue regarding the inspection date and occupancy permit.

But scotto203 mentioned that A notice has been sent out to buyers on the second floor of the South building with details on how to book a walkthrough of their unit and they'll be seeking the occupancy inspection towards the end of this month.

regarding who you could get in touch with, every time I try to contact them they always refer me to Anna who is an interior designer of the building.

#2073 anonymous456

anonymous456
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:23 PM

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 1.16.16 PM.png

Paint update!  Unsure if this is for the walls or ceilings (which I believe are different) - found on one of the jugs in the south building elevator today

#2074 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:12 PM

Lo sheen is often used on walls. In Promontory, the walls are low sheen but the ceilings are flat.

The same paint color is used for walls and ceilings but the sheen is enough to make a visible difference if you try to interchange them. The paint vendors have their own reference for competitive products but sometimes the sheen is a bit off. To be absolutely certain you might want to stick with the same vendor.
  • anonymous456 likes this

#2075 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:55 PM

I wonder if different themes in each unit have a different white

#2076 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,867 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:38 PM

ya.  OK.

hold my paintbrush while i mix all these 5 gallon pails into this 30 gallon bucket.

• Rob Randall likes this

#2077 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 04:26 PM

<snip>

Paint update!  Unsure if this is for the walls or ceilings (which I believe are different) - found on one of the jugs in the south building elevator today

Well, sitting in my North building bedroom as I type this - the walls are a light grey, the ceiling is white, and the trim around the doors is white.  "Extra white" can't possibly mean the grey used on the walls hehe - but that's just my guess.  I think we need to call in an expert in the world of high fashion wall colour name schemes?

Edit: my suite theme was "Stone" if that matters

Edited by Birdhouse24, 09 April 2021 - 04:28 PM.

#2078 Birdhouse24

Birdhouse24
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 11:20 PM

Having a bit of a crazy time with our fire alarm going off in the kitchen...

• Cooked bacon in the big oven 2 days ago - we burned it by accident - fire alarm went off (great! now we know it works)
  • Cooked toast yesterday morning in the countertop oven (2 year old appliance) - no fire alarm went off
  • Cooked tortillas in the same countertop oven yesterday night - wasn't even fully heated up to 350F - fire alarm went off after 4 mins of preheat
  • Cooked pizza in the big oven today - fire alarm went off again after a few mins of preheating

Our neighbours must love us!

Anyone experience similar growing pains with new fire / smoke detectors?

#2079 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 04:12 PM

Having a bit of a crazy time with our fire alarm going off in the kitchen...

• Cooked bacon in the big oven 2 days ago - we burned it by accident - fire alarm went off (great! now we know it works)
  • Cooked toast yesterday morning in the countertop oven (2 year old appliance) - no fire alarm went off
  • Cooked tortillas in the same countertop oven yesterday night - wasn't even fully heated up to 350F - fire alarm went off after 4 mins of preheat
  • Cooked pizza in the big oven today - fire alarm went off again after a few mins of preheating
Our neighbours must love us!

Anyone experience similar growing pains with new fire / smoke detectors?
My fire alarm went off the first time I did some cooking when I moved in but has not since then and I cook almost every day

#2080 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 04:13 PM

Well, sitting in my North building bedroom as I type this - the walls are a light grey, the ceiling is white, and the trim around the doors is white. "Extra white" can't possibly mean the grey used on the walls hehe - but that's just my guess. I think we need to call in an expert in the world of high fashion wall colour name schemes?

Edit: my suite theme was "Stone" if that matters

I guess every unit theme has a different wall color, my walls are definitely white

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)