BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#321 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:00 PM

You either spend $600 on a crappy GE/Danby unit, $1,000 on a Bosch or step up like I did and buy a Miele.  The third rack for the cutlery instead of a basket really, really takes the sting out of using a smaller dishwasher. 

Or you could have bought a couple of sponges and dishtowels and maybe splurge on a drain rack. Might set you back $10-$20 though.

• VicHockeyFan likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#322 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

Or you could have bought a couple of sponges and dishtowels and maybe splurge on a drain rack. Might set you back $10-$20 though.

Like some common scullery maid? I could also change my own oil and buy a cow and sewing machine and make my own shoes. Life's too short.

Nice pics, Vic.

• Mike K., Nparker and lanforod like this

#323 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:07 PM

Yeah, that cup and plate and knife and fork cleaning really cuts into your spare time.

• VicHockeyFan likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#324 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

I think the onus is on you to bring facts to the table if you’re makng such statements. I’m sure you can appreciate our position of having to maintain some semblance of integrity when someone is anonymously raising the issues that you raised.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#325 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:05 AM

I think the onus is on you to bring facts to the table if you’re makng such statements. I’m sure you can appreciate our position of having to maintain some semblance of integrity when someone is anonymously raising the issues that you raised.

My original statement is basically restated above and that's all I am really saying.  You are the one claiming financing problems, I will let you prove those statements along with how that affected quality, etc

#326 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:05 AM

If you’d like to continue this discussion I ask that you reveal your identity. Until you do so your posts in this thread and the subsequent discussion that followed will remain hidden from this point forward.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#327 bpetrie3

bpetrie3
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

As a purchaser at the wade I am wondering why Mike K is censoring or threatning to censor some quality discussion about one of the developers previous failures. All that has been discussed is readily available by google, talking to city hall or simply talking to a local realtor. It is common knowlege. But obviously some members were unaware of the issues. If anything the conversation was making me more confident that the developer will not make the same mistake. Are you going to censor the unresolved discussion on dryer venting as well?  Keep up posting the great pictures!

• Matt R. likes this

#328 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

The discussion on the dryer vent was resolved. See my post in that regard.

If you want to make allegations against an individual do so under your real name. That’s a reasonable request.

Know it all.

#329 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

How many boots on the ground do you have on this site?  The ones who are in the site trailers?  the ones meeting face to face with developers and architects?  the ones that see issues not available from standing on the sidewalks? etc etc etc

*puts my hand up*

Did you speak to Max face to face ever?  Did you talk to Bowra (the receiver at Cook St)?  Did you ever step foot on Cook St when there was a construction fence around the site?

*puts my hand up* to all of the above

anyone else?

I joined this site because I followed it.  When I saw everyone here including you Mike who didn't have a clue what was going on at View Towers I joined to post information as to what was going on

• Matt R., jonny and shoeflack like this

#330 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,047 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

The wade is an advertiser here, what more reason to censor criticism?

Matt.

#331 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

Oh geez, tjv.

We have far more eyes and ears on the ground than you might imagine.

We really appreciate your input on this site, but you have to respect our position. Would the TC publish the comments you made without verifying your identity? Would CHEK? CFAX or CTV?

We’ve been at this for over a decade and we’re simply not interested in hearsay or rumours when it comes to developers. Everyone’s got an opinion about every developer in this city and we can’t be the sounding board for anonymous posters nor do we have the resources to independently verify what is and what isn’t factual.

But again, if you want to send me a private message and tell me who you are and how to reach you you’ll be able to write whatever you want (so long as you’re respectful).

Look guys, we’re not trying to be difficult. We’re trying not to make our own lives difficult.

Know it all.

#332 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

As a moderator that makes no money off the site, nor do I own at the Wade, I am just saying that Mike's position is correct and should be more broadly adopted across this board. Negative hearsay about individuals should not be posted. If it can be backed up by facts or if the poster is willing to put their name to it so they can expose themselves to being sued for libel when proven incorrect I think it would be okay.
  • VicHockeyFan and Bingo like this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#333 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:22 AM

I joined this site because I followed it.  When I saw everyone here including you Mike who didn't have a clue what was going on at View Towers I joined to post information as to what was going on

View Towers...that relic???

Mike has bigger fish to fry than who's changing the batteries in the smoke alarms at View Towers.

#334 bpetrie3

bpetrie3
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:51 PM

When I purchased at the Wade there was full disclosure. They answered all my questions. There were a lot of bankruptcies after the 2008 crash.  So I am comfortable with the developers and the purchase. But that doesn't mean s**t won't hit the fan again. However someone posted an interesting link to a Globe and Mail article on New Home Warranty issues which was censored.  Or at least I cannot find it. Can you repost?  Glad to see the dryers are vented!

#335 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

When I purchased at the Wade there was full disclosure. They answered all my questions. There were a lot of bankruptcies after the 2008 crash.  So I am comfortable with the developers and the purchase. But that doesn't mean s**t won't hit the fan again. However someone posted an interesting link to a Globe and Mail article on New Home Warranty issues which was censored.  Or at least I cannot find it. Can you repost?  Glad to see the dryers are vented!

Hi bpetrie3,

I believe this was the article in question: https://globalnews.c...w-home-warranty

• Mike K. likes this

#336 bpetrie3

bpetrie3
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

Thanks!

#337 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

View Towers...that relic???

Mike has bigger fish to fry than who's changing the batteries in the smoke alarms at View Towers.

I'll let you get back to the 2 pages of conversations about dryer vents and dishwashers then at The Wade...really important stuff

Meanwhile I will continue my conversations face to face with developers and architects off this site.  Hopefully Marko can keep you all up to date, he is the closest person here with any info

I see my comments have been deleted, without merit I might add.  Probably as Matt R points out, the Wade is an advertiser here

• Matt R. likes this

#338 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

You can’t quit! You’re fired!

But seriously, lol, it’s all good. Besides it’s almost Christmas. Stick around a little longer.

Know it all.

#339 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

What is the update for the project completion date?

#340 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

Photos from Dec 15th

Attached Images

• IMG_4611.JPG
  • IMG_4612.JPG
  • IMG_4620.JPG
  • IMG_4622.JPG

• Baro, Nparker and Promontory Kingpin like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users