2017 Diner en Blanc details: The World’s Most Elegant Picnic Celebrates 5 years in Victoria!
Victoria, June 13, 2017 – A leading summer event in Paris for nearly 30 years, this elegant and secret affair is now well on its way to becoming THE summer tradition in Victoria! On Friday July 7, 2017, Le Dîner en Blanc - Victoria celebrates its 5th anniversary. Brinks Events, the Victoria event host is hard at work to prepare another magical night for their guests.
“Last year, we began the evening with 1,700 white-clad guests making a dramatic entrance as they walked over the blue bridge from Johnson Street to the Delta Ocean Pointe Resort,” said Aidan Henry, owner and creative director, Brink Events. “It was our largest event to date and this year we’re planning for more people so we’ve added a lot of experiential décor and entertainers that will create our most surprising and beautiful evening yet.”
The pop-up picnic has become a much-anticipated event in Victoria since it first surprised the city at St. Ann’s Academy in 2013. Since then the event has been also held at Fisherman’s Wharf, Ship’s Point and the Delta. Chef Dan Hayes, The London Chef will provide catered picnics, also for the fifth year, with a menu inspired by Paris that offers three options including Arc, Eiffel and Louvre.
“The 2017 event is a going to provide an incredible evening for our fifth anniversary,” said Henry. “Of course, our location will remain a secret to the public and our guests until the very last minute, which is something that even those who have attended before get excited about each year.”
Participation to this unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; and Phase 3, is for people who signed up on the waiting list at victoria.dinerenblanc.com/register. New registrations are still being taken and ticket sales for all phases are open.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: head-to-toe in elegant and white only attire. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per local alcohol regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option from The London Chef, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit http://victoria.dinerenblanc.com
.About Dîner en Blanc
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. Dîner en Blanc - Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on six continents. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 70 cities in more than 25 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info and photos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com.About The Hosts
Founded in 2011 by Aidan Henry, Brink Events has become known for producing the highest quality social events and experiences. Clients of the award-winning agency range from large corporations to charities and non-profits, and private individuals.