Photo

Difference between Residential Realtors and Residential/Light industrial Realtors?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Makita

Makita
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:37 PM

I am looking for advice and hope this topic falls within the parameters of Vibrant Victoria guidelines.

The question is, is there a difference in the specialization of a residential realtor and residential/light industrial realtor. I have property zoned Residential/Light Industrial and I will be looking to determine it's value for potential sale? I would like to contact the correct professionals and I am looking for advice on where to start my research. The property is in Saanich municipality.

#2 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:47 AM

I am looking for advice and hope this topic falls within the parameters of Vibrant Victoria guidelines.

The question is, is there a difference in the specialization of a residential realtor and residential/light industrial realtor. I have property zoned Residential/Light Industrial and I will be looking to determine it's value for potential sale? I would like to contact the correct professionals and I am looking for advice on where to start my research. The property is in Saanich municipality.

Tough to say whether your property leans more towards the expertise of a residential or commercial realtor? Maybe reach out to a couple of residential REALTORS® and a couple of commercial REALTORS®.  The majority of REALTORS® will do a "free market evaluation."  If you do a couple from each side you'll get a good idea of which type of REALTOR® would be best suited for your property, as long as you are good at reading through BS :)

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#3 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:44 AM

There are Realtors out there that have expertise in both.

#4 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:50 PM

I feel like to half solid experience you need to have done at least 100 transactions whether it be residential or commercial.  There just aren't that many REALTORS® out there that have done 100+ in each class.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#5 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:13 PM

True. There are a few though. You'll be looking for someone who has been around a long time.

#6 Makita

Makita
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:15 PM

I feel like to half solid experience you need to have done at least 100 transactions whether it be residential or commercial.  There just aren't that many REALTORS® out there that have done 100+ in each class.

Thank you for your advice, we were unsure if there was a specialization difference and now we know. I like your idea of having a couple from each residential and commercial.

Again thanks. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users