Photo

Il Terrazzo | Victoria | Johnson Street

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:49 PM

It makes your mouth water doesn't it?  I think I recommended this dish for your venison quest on another thread.   :)

The thing about Il Terrazzo is their consistency.  I think they've had the same head chef since they opened and he runs the place like a Gordon Ramsey.  The menu rarely changes so I'll post some of our favorites in another post.

Cervo $32  Seared venison loin scaloppini, sour cherries, pickled ginger, balsamic vinegar and green peppercorns.  Served with butternut squash cannelloni

30676170841_90e59f191a_h (1).jpg

Simply outstanding.
IMG_7267.JPG

#42 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,588 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

Interesting insight. Can't speak to the actual arrangements except I know before I joined our tech org they'd done the office Christmas routine at I-T for several years without complaint on our end and every year in a vote the staff elect to go back time and again.

One difference I presume is that its dinner, not lunch, and I also assume there is a dedicated room or space for larger parties since ours includes spouses so we'll number closer to 40 hungry bodies. The other point I suppose is that $ talks.Our President is, um, "extremely" generous and tosses cash around like confetti; I presume therefore the reason they continue to go back is that the folks at I-T are very well taken care of. Guess I will find out in December. Thanks for the pics Gary.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#43 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:07 PM

A VERY rich spread...

Looking through my archives I can point to several favorites, in addition to the venison mentioned above.  But be warned, these dishes are generally rich, in fact we usually split them.  It doesn't help that they serve you the best tepenade in town to start.   :lol:

30130684343_b6f595eb4b_h.jpg

If you like goat cheese, and pears, then this is a great salad.

Formaggio di Capra $13 Hazelnut-crusted goat cheese, baked in our open flame oven and served on a  salad of mixed baby greens with poached pear, sun-dried cranberries and a lemon, pear and port-wine dressing
30649411432_e51ccde51b_h.jpg

Two favorite pasta dishes..

Linguinie Marco Polo $21 Grilled chicken breast, toasted cashews, mango, fresh basil and pimentos in a lemon cream sauce
30766177075_e0038c404a_h.jpg

Melanzane al Forno $19 Fresh pasta folded over asiago breaded eggplant, with roasted mushrooms, garlic confit, spinach, and gruyere cheese.   Baked in a creamy tomato, basil sauce topped with fresh baby kale
30766494535_ccb77bb9ee_h.jpg

You may not be able to get entrees at lunch but here are a couple of more favorites.  The halibut with pasta, cheese, and berry sauce sounds weird but it works.  I have been told by many the rack of lamb is the best anywhere.

Filetto d'alibut $29 Fresh local halibut baked with a blackberry green peppercorn, balsamic reduction, topped with asiago cheese and served on three cheese fusili pasta
30677751451_e486bbc54a_h.jpg

Carre 'd'agnello $40 Dijon and horse radish crusted full rack of Australian lamb.  Served with truffle oil roasted potato wedges and pan jus
30649416562_e2923b867b_h.jpg

And, birthday or not, their Tiramisu should not be missed.  Their ice cream and expresso dessert, AFFOGATO al CAFFE, is also great.

Tiramisu $8 Italian lady fingers soaked in espresso and liqueurs, layered with a marsala and mascarpone cream and cocoa
30130714823_4d27c6615a_h.jpg
  • todd likes this

#44 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:18 PM

This is my favourite, because it really hammers it home.

"Hey, animal of some type, whatever this bone is that worked for you in life, forget about it, it's an awesome pretty clean handle for me to grab, in order to eat your nearby flesh"

30649416562_e2923b867b_h.jpg

• sebberry likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#45 SusanJones

SusanJones
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:31 AM

Il Terrazzo to donate 100% of sales this Monday to Harbourside Rotary

http://victoriabuzz....ourside-rotary/

#46 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:37 AM

This Monday, November 7th, Il Terrazzo will donate 100% of their proceeds to HarbourSide Rotary, to celebrate 24 years in business... best to make a reservation now.

• Matt R. likes this

#47 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,016 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:10 AM

Halibut is not available fresh year round, and they have gone through at least two Chefs in their time. :)

Matt.

#48 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:51 PM

Hmm, it does look tasty.

• todd likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#49 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:45 AM

Funny thing is the one time my wife and I went to IT in our dating days we had a really loud group of businessmen at the table beside us and left disappointed and never went back.

Funnier is that 12 years later my father buys a new townhouse for retirement in a very beautiful location and being close to a grandchild overseas and his next door neighbors are the owners of IT.

Edited by manuel, 05 November 2016 - 07:46 AM.

"I know nothing"

#50 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,588 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

So has anyone been to I-T lately? I am being volun-told that I am going there Saturday night for dinner.

To be honest looking at the online menu I'm in a bit of a quandary. "Italian" is not in my personal Top 5 favorite ethnic foods and among a fairly lengthy list of things I'm not fond of that jump out at me scanning the Dinner options are: lamb, panko-anything, goat cheese, "raw"-anything, cabbage, eggplant, squash, duck, mussels, cooked spinach (raw, as in a salad, is fine), blue cheese and a host of other things :).

The filetto d'alibut looks good but if the halibut is frozen I won't touch it. Suggestions are welcome particularly if you've been recently and had any menu item which doesn't include the above items. Anyone tried the pollo apollonia?? That looks good....

#51 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,016 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

Halibut ought to be fresh, given the time of year!

Matt.

#52 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

the menu does say the halibut is 'fresh'. Shrug. Ask them.

I think I had the tenderloin last time I went. Was very good. Wife had the Frutti de Mare - you could just get them to hold the mussels...

and jeez, you're picky! lol

• Matt R. likes this

#53 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,588 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

the menu does say the halibut is 'fresh'. Shrug. Ask them.

I think I had the tenderloin last time I went. Was very good. Wife had the Frutti de Mare - you could just get them to hold the mussels...

and jeez, you're picky! lol

I'll revisit the tenderloin option, thanks. Raised a meat and potato's guy what can I say? That said I'll eat pretty much any Asian food you put in front of me, and at almost any level of heat, no problem. Love Spanish, German and Cajun food. Italian and particularly French....not so much. Shrug. To each their own  :thumbsup:

• lanforod likes this

#54 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

I had the tuna the last couple of times I was there. It was excellent both times!
  • AllseeingEye likes this

#55 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:08 PM

...particularly French....not so much. Shrug. To each their own  :thumbsup:

Or as I like to say: À chacun son goût!

#56 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,588 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:17 PM

Or as I like to say: À chacun son goût!

Oui....parler du vieux francais....pas les idiomes du 21eme siecle ni la prononciation!!

#57 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:19 PM

Had the venison with ginger and sour cherries last two times. It's meat and potatoes, but it's tasty.

#58 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:14 PM

I was there twice in the last two weeks. If you don't have reservations, show up at five and cross your fingers :)

Great food, both times. The cocktails are so-so, so I'd stick to wine.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#59 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,588 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:53 AM

/\ .....oh believe me Mrs ASE made sure of the reservations at 6 so we're good there.

Options were I-T or the 'picnic basket' dinner and fireworks at Butchart Garden's - I enjoy it but been there, done that too many times to count; besides with the current conditions it'll be hot as hell out there along with the 20,000 bodies all fighting for space to see the fireworks, so she opted for I-T. We'll take a nice leisurely walk around the harbour and maybe Ogden Point afterward and just enjoy the sights and sounds. We're not really drinkers so not fussed at all about cocktails or especially wine lists. I stick pretty much to cran/soda - wouldn't know a superior wine if it jumped out in front of me with a neon sign saying "superior wine".....

#60 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,588 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

Really enjoyed our meal this evening at I-T, the service was excellent - in spite of the fact the place was absolutely packed to the rafters - and I really can't say enough about the food. I stuck with the basics including the Caesar salad appy and a fantastic chicken/prawns/grilled veggies-on-fusilli main course. The entree was huge; next time I will skip the appetizer altogether. Great meal and atmosphere. We'll definitely be back.

• Nparker and todd like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users