Photo

Floyd's Diner locations in Victoria | City of Victoria | Langford | Saanich

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#61 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

I've always marvelled at the lines at BF. I have not ever had a meal I thought was worth the wait there. Maybe I'm ordering the wrong things.

I like Floyd's, particularly after I found out they'd make me whatever omelette I wanted rather than their over-stuffed varieties.

Shine is still my favourite omelette in town, but I'm willing to hear suggestions!

#62 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:30 PM

It would be hard to top Shine in the omelette class.

#63 tashi

tashi
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

Tired of waiting for brunch? Get in here soon, or you'll be waiting!

James Joyce Bistro is now offering weekend brunch from 9am - 2pm. We feature local meats, Saltspring Island coffee and benny features that can't be beat!

See you there!

-James Peacock,
GM, Peacock Billiards and the James Joyce Bistro

#64 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

Nice I am always looking for a new breakfast place.

#65 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

I've always enjoyed both locations. But prefer the new one for less crowds and location.

#66 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

Ooh Bennys! Well if you do them half as well as you do dinner, and 1/4 as well as you do decor this is worth checking out.

#67 tashi

tashi
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:58 PM

Yep, the bennies are good. We're starting with the basics and focusing on doing them well, and expanding once I'm sure we've got it right.

See ya'll soon!

#68 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

I have been impressed with the one Douglas, it is nice to see a decent restaurant within walking distance of my home.

#69 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

Went to the one on Douglas today. The meal wasn't bad but the place was empty.

I hope that it fairs better than the previous tenant.

#70 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:52 PM

Tired of waiting for brunch? Get in here soon, or you'll be waiting!

James Joyce Bistro is now offering weekend brunch from 9am - 2pm. We feature local meats, Saltspring Island coffee and benny features that can't be beat!

See you there!

-James Peacock,
GM, Peacock Billiards and the James Joyce Bistro

Is the James Joyce Bistro co-located with Peacock Billiards, I couldn't find a listing for it in the phone book?
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#71 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

Yup.

#72 tashi

tashi
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:18 AM

Thanks, G.

LG, which phone book were you looking in? I should have ads in the regular telus book and the "other book". I hope I don't have to tear an ad rep a new one!

Thanks!

#73 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:53 AM

I was just looking in the white pages for James Joyce Bistro and there was no listing.

I have now gone to the yellow pages to look there and found Peacock Billiards which also includes the "Joycean Lounge".

If I didn't know you were associated and somebody recommended the James Joyce Bistro what listing would I look under in the Yellow Pages?
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#74 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

^That's as confusing as the recently departed Amigo's Restaurant & Cafe\Mr. Salsa Restaurant & Cafe\Blue Nile Cafe.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#75 tashi

tashi
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:42 PM

I was just looking in the white pages for James Joyce Bistro and there was no listing.

I have now gone to the yellow pages to look there and found Peacock Billiards which also includes the "Joycean Lounge".

If I didn't know you were associated and somebody recommended the James Joyce Bistro what listing would I look under in the Yellow Pages?

We're listed under Restaurants in the current Telus and Canpages yellow pages, as well as in the menu guide in the canpages book.

Ciao,

James.

#76 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:35 AM

I swear we have a James Joyce Bistro thread and if don't someone should start one.

So how about the Benny's at Floyd's :)

#77 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

Have always enjoyed them. I especially like the coffee served to you while you wait in line for a table.

#78 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

I swear we have a James Joyce Bistro thread and if don't someone should start one.

Has anyone been to James Joyce lately? I have to say I felt like I was totally ripped off paying for a meal there. I was there Sunday and went there based on the menu online and Pam Grant's 4.5/5 review in the TC. Boy, was I surprised The food was just awful - I felt like I got conned in the old' bait-and-switch.

#79 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

^ but what does that have to do with Floyd's?

#80 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

^ but what does that have to do with Floyd's?

It doesn't - but you referenced James Joyce Bistro in your post above. I didn't want to be the guy who started a new thread on it a bad note.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users