Photo
- - - - -

Bois & Cuir furniture/lighting/decor 1323 Government St.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:49 PM

What is your gripe about exattly?

Was the repair done to your satisfaction

#22 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:55 PM

This whole experience sounds like dealing with The Brick...

#23 cfarrer

cfarrer
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:52 AM

Did you contact your credit card company?

Will be proceeding with that on Wednesday. To be diligent, I waited until I was able to make contact with the owner to ensure he was in fact receiving my messages. A message was left stating my intentions should he not respond. He must be too busy with Bois and Cuir...and Standard Furniture...and Ashley Furniture...

#24 cfarrer

cfarrer
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:53 AM

This whole experience sounds like dealing with The Brick...

I have more confidence that The Brick would have handled it in a more professional manner...that's not saying much!

#25 cfarrer

cfarrer
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:56 AM

What is your gripe about exattly?

Was the repair done to your satisfaction

Maybe YOU should read the previous posts in the thread. It's laid out very clearly. At this point my 'gripe', as you so dismissively put it, is with the fact that Bois and Cuir refuses to refund our money for a defective product.

• Jill likes this

#26 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:51 AM

It's no secret that Ashley and Standard own Bois.  

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#27 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

HB!

I've removed your post. Take it easy, for gosh sakes. You don't realize how combative and negative you are in some of your responses. We can't handle that on this forum, it's too much.

If you can't make a point without being dismissive/negative/combative then maybe bite your tongue and don't say anything at all. Everything doesn't need to be a fighting match or an argument.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#28 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:58 AM

Censored - VHF

#29 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:00 AM

Censored - VHF

#30 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Without evidence of the "defect"--who cares. Maybe the table is off by 1/8" and the problem could be solved by putting a felt pad under one leg.

#31 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:24 AM

Look, the law is pretty clear.  A defective product must be repaired, replaced or money refunded.

Now, I realize there is in this case, some question about the extent of the defect, or if there even is one.  That's more complicated.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#32 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

Clearly someone is upset over the treatment they've received regarding their table, and they've come here to voice their displeasure with their service.

Bois and Cuir have an account here. They have every opportunity to login and engage the individual.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#33 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:33 AM

I will say that whenever I hear someone complain about service at a retailer, I automatically assume the customer did something wrong or is being unreasonable
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#34 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

So lets hope they respond with their side ...very interesting to here the whole story

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#35 cfarrer

cfarrer
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

We had nothing but terrific service from Bois & Cuir. Nothing but. Up until the repair was unsuccessful! We loved the store. Loved the table. And I'll say this, we aren't people who spend $1500 on a table. But it is unique and interesting and was something that we knew would age with us. So we decided to say 'what the hell!'. We decided it was a Christmas gift to each other. They were even incredibly helpful when we let them know the table wasn't level. It was after the repair was unsuccessful that all of a sudden the table was labeled as 'rustic and not meant to be level' - if that was the case, why attempt the repair to begin with. And not to sound condescending, but the very definition of a table includes the words 'flat and level'. They are offering us store credit and standing by their position that this is a reasonable compromise. They are claiming they have a 'no refund' policy while CDI Furniture, the parent company, states clearly that there are refunds in the event a product is defective. I would rather exploit every avenue I have before dealing with Bois & Cuir on another major transaction. It is purely principle now...and obviously $1500 dollars that we would gladly patronize and honourable retailer with. They have left few options as the owner refuses to return our calls. 

#36 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:32 PM

Store is closing. How many here are surprised?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users