Westbay Quay
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: Head Street at Lyall Street
Municipality: Esquimalt
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Condo units: 85 (1BR, 2BR, live-work)
Sales status: pre-sales
Westbay Quay is a three-building, 85-unit all-concrete condominium complex with a ground floor retail componen... (view full profile)
Learn more about Westbay Quay on Citified.ca      Official website: https://goo.gl/B6m5KA
Photo

[Esquimalt] Westbay Quay | Condos, commercial | 6-storeys | Approved

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 Rulon

Rulon
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 08:00 AM

I believe about six weeks ago they were sitting at 15% sold, so not a bad jump.

I would assume most (if not all) of those units recently sold are from the 20% discounted selection, which occurred in the last 6 weeks.

#122 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 45,841 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:32 AM

Yup, that's possible.

I whipped past the site today. Trees have been removed and all of the homes on the property have been boarded up in preparation for demolition.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#123 tjv

tjv
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:15 AM

^thanks for the update, the houses have been boarded up and the fence has been around the site for around 3 months at least.  Perhaps they are waiting for a higher percentage sold to get a green light from the bank?

#124 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 45,841 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:18 AM

I think the trees having come down is new. The site looked pretty barren all of a sudden.

Most projects will receive their construction financing in the 40-50% range, I think?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#125 RFS

RFS
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:56 AM

can anyone post a picture of a price list showing the 20%?

#126 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:16 AM

All of the foliage/trees on this site have been cut down and piled up for removal this week. Clears the way for equipment to come in a demolish the existing structures.

^^

I think the trees having come down is new. The site looked pretty barren all of a sudden.

Most projects will receive their construction financing in the 40-50% range, I think?

Took a drive past it myself this weekend as well. No new activity on the site since mid-September.

#127 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 45,841 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:21 PM

Oh, crazy. I didn't realize that the trees had already been removed. I must have driven up on the project from a different angle than I normally do.

Know it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users