BUILT
Danbrook One
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 2762-2768 Claude Road
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Storeys: 11
Danbrook One is an 11-storey, 90-unit residential complex with ground floor commercial space in the 2700-block... (view full profile)
Learn more about Danbrook One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford] Danbrook One | 11-storeys | Rentals, commercial | Built - completed in 2019

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

#301 Rob Randall

Rob Randall

BIG TEXAS FORUMER

• 16,309 posts

Posted 30 July 2021 - 08:11 PM

Eno Koorbnad

• Mike K., Nparker and Matt R. like this

“I mean I just don’t understand the big Texas part, like maybe he’s from Texas? I want to know the back story.”

#302 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 64,867 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 06:54 AM

You mean, enO koorbnaD.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#303 spanky123

spanky123
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:46 AM

They're probably going to rebrand. I bet the first demo move will be taking down the sign. In the future, one neighbour will say to the other, "you know this is actually Danbrook One, right?" "WTF?!"

Always lots of rumours in town but one that keeps getting play about Danbrook is that the building cannot be 'repaired' and needs to come down.

Will see I guess. 

#304 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 25,011 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:55 AM

if you just want to reuse as many letters from the sign as possible, the largest single word is DOORKNOB at 8 letters.

https://wordfinderx....?dictionary=wwf

BOOKEND is pretty good at 7 letters.

using all the letters and going two words:

screenshot-www.thewordfinder.com-2021.07.31-12_58_43.png

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 31 July 2021 - 09:00 AM.

• Rob Randall likes this

#305 Rob Randall

Rob Randall

BIG TEXAS FORUMER

• 16,309 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:03 AM

Dark One Noob

O Naked Boron

• Victoria Watcher likes this

“I mean I just don’t understand the big Texas part, like maybe he’s from Texas? I want to know the back story.”

#306 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 25,011 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:10 AM

what's with naming residential buildings anyway?

even big prestigious office buildings are often/mostly named for their address.  But I guess if your address is the tony part of Manhattan that in and of itself is prestigious.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 31 July 2021 - 09:11 AM.

#307 Rob Randall

Rob Randall

BIG TEXAS FORUMER

• 16,309 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:38 AM

It's a very old marketing practice. Think about the 1960s/70s apartment boom here, you had to differentiate your product so you'd come up with a theme, some Spanish-style rough stucco arches and wrought iron and call it El Diablo or something.

#308 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 25,011 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:48 AM

I actually do not think there is El Diablo in town but there are definitely some other Spanish one and two word names where you have the exposed brick arch then mostly white stucco.

Danboork One's biggest issue is probably not the expense of the sign change.  But one thing they could try first is changing the sign then just open up again and get a business license.  maybe they will catch Langford napping.

"Danbrook One?  No don't know what you are talking about, we are O Naked Boron."

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 31 July 2021 - 09:50 AM.

• Mike K. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users