BUILT
The Pearl Residences
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1628 Store Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 8
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR)
Sales status: now selling
The Pearl Residences is an eight-storey condominium proposal situated along the 1600-block of Store Street in ... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Pearl Residences on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Pearl Residences | Condos; commercial | 8-storeys | Built completed in 2023

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#41 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

but you don't live downtown

Only by CoV neighbourhood definitions. By all normal reasoning Quadra & North Park is downtown and the city noises aren't any different than 2 blocks SW, in the "official" downtown.

#42 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,676 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

I've stayed downtown in major cities and the noise drives me nuts even from 30+ floors up

I lived in NYC on the isle of Manhattan for 8.5 years. Slept like a baby. Even during the day time when I stayed out... late (bars close at 4 AM- reopened at 6 AM)
  • Nparker likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#43 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:00 PM

^ I am dead to the world every night, despite living between the two runways at YVR. I quite enjoy the plane noise during the day, but I don't notice it at night.

• VicHockeyFan and Nparker like this

#44 LJ

LJ
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

^You're a Burkevillian?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#45 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:08 PM

Only by CoV neighbourhood definitions. By all normal reasoning Quadra & North Park is downtown and the city noises aren't any different than 2 blocks SW, in the "official" downtown

What I mean is do you hear the noise when the bars get out each night.  Saturday at 2am when say 5000 young adults pour out on the street drunk, being loud and stupid.  I remember doing it many many years ago and we weren't quiet and doubt they are today either

Reasoning that Quadra and North Park is downtown is like saying James Bay is downtown

#46 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:14 PM

What I mean is do you hear the noise when the bars get out each night...

No, but I often have throngs of boisterous people flowing past when events get out at the SOFMC.

In Victoria terms I am very much downtown.

#47 darlenet8

darlenet8
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

This building will have two distinct personalities: the urban side with all that that entails and the water side which will be somewhat quieter. It is what it is...some people say the noise 'disappears' after awhile, some people will hate it...all the developer can do is to ensure decent sound-proofing...

#48 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:22 PM

This building will have two distinct personalities: the urban side with all that that entails and the water side which will be somewhat quieter...

If people don't like the 'downside' that comes with urban living, they can choose to live in the suburbs...and then complain about the commute and the lack of parking in the downtown core. Some folks just want to have their cake and eat it too.

I, for one, am excited about this development and can't wait to see the first renderings to finally be revealed. When will you stop teasing us Darlene?

• nagel likes this

#49 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:22 AM

^You're a Burkevillian?

Yes!

#50 moretrain

moretrain
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

I, for one, am excited about this development and can't wait to see the first renderings to finally be revealed. When will you stop teasing us Darlene?

Quite so, at least give us a single colour...

• Nparker likes this

#51 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

We are all waiting in anticipation of the news of tonight's announcement...

https://vibrantvicto...posed/?p=411365

• Nparker likes this

#52 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

We understand a VVer was there.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#53 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

We understand a VVer was there.

If my recall is right, there would likely be more than 4 VVers who were invited...

#54 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:02 AM

First-look--design-unveiled-for-waterfront-Chinatown-condo-and-commercial-dev.jpg

First look: design unveiled for waterfront Chinatown condo and commercial dev

https://victoria.cit...commercial-dev/

Citified profile: https://victoria.cit...4-store-street/

1624-Store-Street-rendering-1.jpg

1624-Store-Street-rendering-3.jpg

• Kapten Kapsell, Nparker and thundergun like this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#55 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

The bridge don't look like that.  Building looks nice tho.

#56 gstc84

gstc84
  • 521 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

Not bad. I like the diamond hatching pattern on the front. I'd plop an extra two storeys on it to give it some height variation from the Janion, especially on the Store St front, but overall it looks like a pretty good, modern but humble design that will fit in well.

#57 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:20 AM

do we know there will be interesting alleys or whatever in between the buildings on either side?

#58 aastra

aastra
  • 20,568 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:22 AM

Looks good all around. Love that tall ground floor but maybe lacking colour somewhat on the street side.

#59 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

I am happy to see no increased set-back along Store Street.

• Jackerbie likes this

#60 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Very nice to see that red brick is not the focus in this design, and hopefully that aspect does not change. The massing and vertical emphasis does much more to suggest an "old town" character than simply cladding the thing in red bricks. 

• Nparker and jonny like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users