Sparrow
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1301 Hillside Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Condo units: 49 (1BR, 2BR)
Sales status: pre-sales
Sparrow offers a distinct collection of intelligently designed 1 & 2 bedroom homes in Victoria's vibrant O... (view full profile)
Learn more about Sparrow on Citified.ca      Official website: sparrowliving.ca
Photo

[Oaklands] Sparrow | Condos | 6-storeys | Approved

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 09:40 AM

Marko, do you have a sense of how pre-sales are going?

Knowing that Abstract often moves quickly I imagine that they will get going on construction by the fall...

#62 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 1,773 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:15 AM

Sparrow condominium dev launching second phase of sales with BC Housing-backed first-time buyer incentives

https://victoria.cit...yer-incentives/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#63 PPPdev

PPPdev
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:44 AM

So $163,000 per year income to be able to buy a 571sf 2bed unit? aka no discount off market price.

#64 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 58,588 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:50 AM

That is the maximum in household income, not that that's the income required.

As someone who had to put down 27.5% to qualify as a self-employed individual, an opportunity to put down 5% would have meant I could have bought a home years sooner. Rules are different for self-employed people and those who earn a salary at a private or public organization, but if this helps someone earning $70k a year buy their first home several years faster, that's ultimately a good thing. 

• Matt R. and JohnsonStBridge like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#65 PPPdev

PPPdev
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:08 PM

I understand my man

Typically, these programs limit the sale price by qualifying income. By setting the income so high, with such a small unit, the discount will likely default to the BC Housing minimum of 5-10%

#66 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 58,588 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:23 PM

Can you speak to how the maximums are set? $163,000 is a decent household income.

Know it all.

#67 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:34 PM

Can you speak to how the maximums are set? $163,000 is a decent household income.

It certainly is decent. Interesting times we've reached where families with up to 163 000 income are even considering small 571 sqft condos.
  • zoomer and Victoria Watcher like this

#68 zoomer

zoomer
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:36 PM

Great looking building, so nice to see something happening here again after all these years of sitting empty. I see the first release has sold out with the second release being tomorrow. Has excavation started?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users