What's Your Favourite Renovated House?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

Other than the recycling bag in constant limbo, that looked alright!

Good work on the reno, though. The transformation was massive.

• Bob Fugger likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#22 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:20 PM

Also, still can't figure out how to turn the photos the right way around.

The forum is remembering the original orientation. You have to make a copy of the photo and rotate that. Then when you upload it, the original orientation will be forgotten.

Those 60s/70s CMHC specials are tricky to renovate. I've seen some that were renovated in the 90s with peach stucco and they look horrific today. They should have been left alone. The house at the beginning of this thread is better than most. And I'm not sure who is right in the muntin/mullion fight.

• Bob Fugger likes this

#23 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:14 PM

I love that exterior colour! It makes cedar accents just pop!

Agreed!  My preference would have been to stain the rafters a cedar colour but it still looks great.  

Regarding post #2...that is an amazing transformation.  You could possibly get a newer styled home with a large lot for the same price as a new development depending on how you did it.  VHF....I see an open inviting entrance.  Look at the glass door, the side glass strips beside, and the side window to the entrance area.  

#24 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:13 PM

Hey Bob, is that your kitchen? That's quite the change! Out of curiosity, as I'm looking at doing something somewhat similar, how long ago was that done, and what was the ballpark final cost?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users