BUILT
Capital Park Residences
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: 500-block of Michigan Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, 3BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Capital Park Residences is the final phase of Capital Park, a mixed-use office, retail and residential project... (view full profile)
Learn more about Capital Park Residences on Citified.ca
Photo

[James Bay] Capital Park Residences | Condos, townhomes | 5-storeys | Built - completed in 2022

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#41 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:17 PM

The mezzanine connects to the top-right of level one, and the stairs climbing to level two begin at the bottom right. So on level one you’re actually viewing two stair cases on top of each other, ditto for level two.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#42 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,172 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:37 AM

Just gotta realize the mezzanine level outside walls in the floor plan aren't directly beneath the outside walls of Floor 1. The top of the stairs on the Mezzanine line up with the top of the stairs on Floor 1.

Certainly a lot of stairs for a townhouse. It's effectively 5 storeys! When you get home from a party at midnight, drive into the garage and stagger off to bed in the master bedroom, you're climbing 4 flights of stairs first.

• Kramer likes this

#43 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:36 PM

Hold on now, wouldn't you be walking up drunk from the main entrance on the first level?

• Matt R. and JCJones like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#44 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,676 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:32 PM

^maybe meant when your dial a driver drive you home?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#45 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,510 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:35 PM

I used to live in the Goodacre buildings, before I went back to uni and had to downsize. They were most certainly populated, at least between 2004-2010. They were pretty dated inside back then, but have apparently been overhauled since. I wouldn't mind living there again - the location was excellent, as was my view of the park - but the price has gone up considerably following the updates.

We must've passed each other in the halls, elevators or laundry room on the main floor, lol. I lived in GA "south" from 2002-to early '07; loved the location. A large 2 bedroom 5th floor unit with a view across James Bay and toward the Sooke Hills cost me all of $890; later a 6th floor, 1 bedroom apartment overlooking BHP was $820. Seems like an Ice Age or two ago now.....

#46 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:18 PM

We must've passed each other in the halls, elevators or laundry room on the main floor, lol. I lived in GA "south" from 2002-to early '07; loved the location. A large 2 bedroom 5th floor unit with a view across James Bay and toward the Sooke Hills cost me all of $890; later a 6th floor, 1 bedroom apartment overlooking BHP was $820. Seems like an Ice Age or two ago now.....

Isn't that funny. I lived two years in Goodacre South in a little bachelor unit for, I think, $650/m. It was small but had an 11th-floor view of the park. Then I lived four years in a 1br in the north building, 6th floor with a park view, for $800/m.

Edited by grantpalin, 03 December 2018 - 09:19 PM.

#47 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:49 AM

Construction on Capital Park Residences began on January 14th.

Construction-begins-on-113-home-Capital-Park-Residences-dev-following-strong-sales-launch.jpg

Construction is underway on Capital Park Residences, a 113-home condominium and townhome development along the 500-block of Michigan Street in Victoria's legislative precinct.

Construction begins on 113-home Capital Park Residences dev following strong sales launch

• Nparker likes this
Know it all.

#48 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:40 AM

Excavation for the residential phase (Phase 3), along Michigan St., which will be for 3 separate structures:

4-storey L-shaped building (condos), 5-storey building (condos) at the southern end of the plaza , and 3-storey townhouses (7 of them) next to the heritage houses that were relocated.

Attached Images

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • cap park phases.jpg

• Mike K., Nparker, newbie_01 and 1 other like this

#49 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:41 PM

There was a large concrete pour on Thursday before the long weekend, with 65 concrete trucks over the 10-hr-day. Did I understand the worker correctly, that this would be about $200,000 worth of concrete? (Just the material, not the pumps or labour.)

Attached Images

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg

• jonny likes this

#50 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:09 PM

The first phase residential component really cheapens the look of the entire project.

#51 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:02 AM

There was a large concrete pour on Thursday before the long weekend, with 65 concrete trucks over the 10-hr-day. Did I understand the worker correctly, that this would be about $200,000 worth of concrete? (Just the material, not the pumps or labour.)

based on 65 loads that would be around $115k

• Kungsberg likes this

#52 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:12 PM

Any updates on percentage of units sold? Concert properties is a solid developer and I imagine it will be mostly sold out by completion date...

#53 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:19 PM

Here is the latest offer for purchasers:

For a limited time, we are pleased to offer early buyers a 5% reduction on the usual 20% deposit, meaning you can keep $28,995 to $144,495* in your pocket until completion.

Completion is slated for 2021.

Know it all.

#54 LJ

LJ
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:55 PM

I was down at the Deuce Days today and decided to walk over to Capital Park to have a look at it.

That shiney wood that I worried about getting slippery in the rain sure doesn't look shiney or new anymore.

Anyone know what the little stainless steel projections on the wood is for?

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#55 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:59 PM

Anyone know what the little stainless steel projections on the wood is for?

Anti-grind.  That is, to prevent skateboarders from "grinding a rail" along the edge.

• songheesguy likes this

#56 LJ

LJ
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:55 PM

Ah, thanks for that.

There was another guy there wondering what the heck they were as well, we were about the same vintage so wouldn't have known much about "grinding a rail"

It looks like some have tried on the other portions.

Edited by LJ, 22 July 2019 - 07:55 PM.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#57 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:05 AM

James-Bay's-Capital-Park-project-an-environmental-leader-with-LEED-Platinum-and-Gold-buildings.jpg

James Bay's Capital Park project an environmental leader with LEED Platinum and Gold buildings

https://victoria.cit...gold-buildings/

As climate action and environmental sustainability is elevated to a top-of-mind issue among Victorians and local civic leaders, development partners Concert Properties and Jawl Properties have recently completed two office buildings within James Bay’s mixed-use Capital Park community which will soon join the ranks of Canada’s most environmentally-progressive buildings.

Situated at 525 and 545 Superior Street adjacent to the British Columbia Legislature, Capital Park’s five-storey office buildings are under review by the Canada Green Building Council for their environmentally-forward design elements and construction methods.

Pending the outcome of the comprehensive certification process, the Council is expected to qualify the new-builds at the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) organization’s highest measure known as a 'Platinum' level of green building. Once certified, their designation will increase Victoria’s number of environmentally-leading LEED Platinum buildings from four to six. [Full article]

Know it all.

#58 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:52 PM

State-of-the-art presentation centre for Capital Park Residences scheduled to close

https://victoria.cit...duled-to-close/

Know it all.

#59 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:53 PM

Progress on the 3 separate structures on the Michigan St residential portion, with the:

- 4-storey L-shaped building (condos) immediately east of the Red Barn (they're up to the 4th floor on most of it)

- 5-storey building (condos) at the southern end of the plaza, and

- 3-storey townhouses next to the heritage houses that were relocated.

They've also been placing a lot of soil and doing landscaping prep on the sloped rooftop of the central café building.

Attached Images

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg
  • 6.jpg
  • 7.jpg
  • 8.jpg
  • 9.jpg
  • 10.jpg

• Mike K., Nparker, allstonj and 1 other like this

#60 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:47 PM

On my way to grab some lunch today

20200131_121246 (2).jpg

The second floor of 545 Superior is still empty, I only got a glimpse because a worker got off on 2

20200131_120518 (2).jpg

The final view made me think of the Jeffersons

Well we're movin' on up (movin on up)
To the east side (movin on up)
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin' on up (movin on up)
To the east side (movin on up)
We finally got a piece of the pie. 

20200131_121717 (2).jpg

Edited by Bernard, 31 January 2020 - 12:48 PM.

• Mike K. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users