CANCELLED
Two Waters
Use: townhome
Address: Lagoon Road at Heatherbell Road
Municipality: Colwood
Region: West Shore
Sales status: pre-sales
Two Waters is a townhome development near the shores of Colwood's Esquimalt Lagoon waterfront on Victoria's We... (view full profile)
Learn more about Two Waters on Citified.ca
Photo

[Colwood] Two Waters | Townhomes | Approved

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:41 PM

The Aquattro/Ocean Grove project is proceeding as Two Waters, with the first development phase consisting of 61 two, three and four-bedroom townhomes.

Website link: TwoWatersColwood.com

Citified profile: https://victoria.cit...waters-colwood/

Two-Waters-aerial-1-Citified.jpg

Two-Waters-aerial-2-Citified.jpg

Two-Waters-aerial-3-Citified.jpg

Two-Waters-aerial-4-Citified.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

Gene Miller has a lot to say about Two Waters and its aspirational promo materials.

“A new vision of community begins with a bird’s eye view,” warbles the full-page ad. And there, just beside the aerial photograph of the property, and within reach of the gag-worthy banner “It will take a village” (I swear I’m not making this up), is a picture of a heron in profile—clearly on the payroll for now, but soon to be served with a scram notice when the ‘dozers start to rumble. Is that a heartbroken, prefigurative tear rolling from its eye down its long beak? Can’t quite tell.

https://www.focusonv...ter-torture-r3/

#3 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:35 PM

Whatever they are relatively affordable townhouses for regular families
  • AllseeingEye likes this

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,168 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:56 PM

Miller was once the development industry’s go-to consultant. It seems like his involvement has waned in recent years.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 06:06 PM

Unless he lives in the clouds or possibly the third dimension I wonder how many - feel free to insert any one or all of heron's, meadows, brooks, streams, salmon fry ad nauseum - were literally shoved aside or plowed under to make way for wherever it is Gene Miller lives? 

Since he "once ran" the Broughton Commuincations Group: hm...wasn't that located downtown? Gee I wonder what priceless pieces of "old" Victoria architecture were potentially demolished originally to construct that building?

See really anyone can play the game: I guess there is a certain crabby old demographic - including ex ad agency managers perhaps? - who, once they've cashed out and secured their piece of the southern island pie, somehow feel entitled to tell other potential residents to bugger off. Phhhhhhhht.

#6 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:35 AM

I don't know. While I can sometimes get annoyed with Miller on the LGE Show, I think this column and the idea behind it are spot on. The advertising for the product is over the top.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,168 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:42 AM

Miller is a little late, though. Two Waters is undergoing a complete re-envisioning based on feedback the team received during the project’s initial launch period earlier in the year. It’s been several months since the current concept went dormant.

Know it all.

#8 nerdondo

nerdondo
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLangford

Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:16 AM

I tried emailing INFO@twowaterscolwood.ca to ask about this project, but it appears to be an undeliverable address... I wonder how to get in contact with the planners for this project?

#9 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 13 July 2019 - 08:29 AM

You'll want to reach out to Merrick Architecture, which is the firm that had designed the original masterplan and presumably has been retained to re-envision it.

Welcome to VV!

Know it all.

#10 nerdondo

nerdondo
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLangford

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:55 AM

You'll want to reach out to Merrick Architecture, which is the firm that had designed the original masterplan and presumably has been retained to re-envision it.

Welcome to VV!

Thanks for your advice, and for your welcome.

#11 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:13 AM

Colwood's stalled 'Two Waters' master-planned community could re-emerge pending land sale

Know it all.

#12 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,302 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:54 AM

The 26.5-acre Two Waters Colwood property is on the market to pay off a $25.4-million debt in a court-ordered sale.

Colwood Mayor Rob Martin hopes a sale will finally lead to construction of hundreds of new homes on the sloping site facing Esquimalt Lagoon, after other plans fell through.

https://www.timescol...debt-1.24304575

#13 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:10 AM

I'd live there in a heartbeat.  Marko, get the paperwork ready :D  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#14 Skycap

Skycap
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 03:40 PM

Does anybody have any updates on this? Has it sold? Who is the new purchaser?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users