2544 replies to this topic

#1841 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 30 November 2020 - 07:59 AM

Hehe, Adam posted this right from TV 

https://twitter.com/...6433614848?s=20

Together Victoria on Twitter: "We had such a great time at @MossStMarket with @StefanieHardman this past weekend! It was great to talk to local farmers about what's important to them: keeping their business going while increasing food security on the South Island. https://t.co/QmZWqs2lQs" / Twitter

• Nparker, pennymurphy2000, A Girl is No one and 1 other like this

#1842 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,632 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:01 AM

I don’t understand what can be reported “better” than what the province issues as press releases? They all just wait for the weekday hearings and rush to repeat the numbers to their respective audiences.
  • A Girl is No one, Stephen James and TwilightZoneVictoria like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1843 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,242 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:04 AM

maybe hardman bought a booth?

#1844 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,632 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:11 AM

You’d have seen an invite to meet the candidate at such a booth, and photos of it, one would assume.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1845 marks_28

marks_28
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:10 AM

I don’t understand what can be reported “better” than what the province issues as press releases? They all just wait for the weekday hearings and rush to repeat the numbers to their respective audiences.

I just find her reporting timely, detailed yet succinct, well presented, and island centric. More so than most other outlets. Yes, the numbers are the same, I just find she presents it really well.

• Mike K. likes this

#1846 TwilightZoneVictoria

TwilightZoneVictoria
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:31 AM

Brishti is also the author of a poorly written article for Vice regarding the ACAB on the mural in Bastion Square. She clearly doesn't have the experience or knowledge to know that to submit a project for pay and then changing the scope is a big no no.

Even more hilarious considering it's government money and money from the local businesses who've been terrorized by the homeless for ages and were unsupported by council to the point of exploring hiring private security.

Victoria Buzz has been very pro-camper - just look at Brishti Basu's tweets. 

• Stephen James likes this

#1847 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:40 AM

Brishti is also the author of a poorly written article for Vice regarding the ACAB on the mural in Bastion Square. She clearly doesn't have the experience or knowledge to know that to submit a project for pay and then changing the scope is a big no no.

Even more hilarious considering it's government money and money from the local businesses who've been terrorized by the homeless for ages and were unsupported by council to the point of exploring hiring private security.

Beyond exploring getting private security... the mayor directed them to that option, didn’t she?
  • TwilightZoneVictoria likes this

#1848 TwilightZoneVictoria

TwilightZoneVictoria
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:42 AM

The Together Victoria post clearly shows her without a mask and the description seems to say that she was approaching vendors inside the fence.

Was Stephen inside the fence approaching vendors?

Was he wearing a mask?  

maybe hardman bought a booth?

#1849 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationJames Bay, Victoria

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:45 AM

I just find her reporting timely, detailed yet succinct, well presented, and island centric. More so than most other outlets. Yes, the numbers are the same, I just find she presents it really well.

cutting and pasting? I'm not sure what this means.

"Hey, I bought flowers for someone on my way to committing murder" is how this looks. Can't be a little bit of a reporter. Nonsensical.

#1850 marks_28

marks_28
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:48 AM

^ Lol not sure what else to say, as clearly you have something against her. Think I'll just leave it there.

• Brayvehart likes this

#1851 TwilightZoneVictoria

TwilightZoneVictoria
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:52 AM

Britshi's colleagues tweet a long to another candidate debate was pretty bas if you watched the same forum. His Twitter profile says he writes science fiction and fantasy though so makes sense. 

#1852 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:32 AM

^ Lol not sure what else to say, as clearly you have something against her. Think I'll just leave it there.

I'd like to clear that up:  I have nothing against Brishti personally and don't know her.

What I object to is anyone, including Brishti, calling themselves a "reporter", an honourable profession that, like lawyers, doctors, was built on a trust relationship with the community. Not sure it needs to be said, but that trust relationship is based on an assumption there's an effort towards objectivity.

She is not a "reporter". Real reporters I know are offended by whatever you call what she and the likes of faith goldy and rebel news does. What they do is exploit that trust relationship for their respective fringe agendae, and in doing so they destroy it. It's one of the saddest, most destructive changes I see happening to democracy and they own a piece of the tragedy.

• Nparker, Hotel Mike and newbie_01 like this

#1853 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,242 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:46 AM

I'd like to clear that up:  I have nothing against Brishti personally and don't know her.

What I object to is anyone, including Brishti, calling themselves a "reporter", an honourable profession that, like lawyers, doctors, was built on a trust relationship with the community. Not sure it needs to be said, but that trust relationship is based on an assumption there's an effort towards objectivity.

She is not a "reporter". Real reporters I know are offended by whatever you call what she and the likes of faith goldy and rebel news does. What they do is exploit that trust relationship for their respective fringe agendae, and in doing so they destroy it. It's one of the saddest, most destructive changes I see happening to democracy and they own a piece of the tragedy.

it's all in the perception.  going to j-school does not necessarily make you a good reporter.

good reporters and good writers are just good.  no amount of school or no school makes any difference.

• Stephen James and TwilightZoneVictoria like this

#1854 TwilightZoneVictoria

TwilightZoneVictoria
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 11:11 AM

You know things are heating up when the owner of The Local calls into the radio to share that a woman called his restaurant recently. Asked to speak to a manager and then said because of the Stephen Andrew sign she and her friends won't come anymore.

Sounds like those who support another candidate don't also support local small businesses who also support the community. Not a good look. 

Also a reminder to support The Local.

• Nparker, Greg, AndrewReeve and 4 others like this

#1855 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 01:28 PM

The Together Victoria post clearly shows her without a mask and the description seems to say that she was approaching vendors inside the fence.

Was Stephen inside the fence approaching vendors?

Was he wearing a mask?  

pic

Attached Images

• moss2.JPG

• pennymurphy2000, Stephen James and TwilightZoneVictoria like this

#1856 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,632 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 01:36 PM

Stephen Andrew maintains he was not roaming the market, but standing on a public boulevard outside of the market perimeter.
  • Nparker, rjag, pennymurphy2000 and 2 others like this

Know it all.

#1857 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 01:55 PM

Stephen Andrew maintains he was not roaming the market, but standing on a public boulevard outside of the market perimeter.

that was the case when I was there

#1858 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 02:38 PM

I got a TV flyer delivered with the mail today (third one in a few weeks). Interestingly, it came with a Laurel Collins flyer.
I can’t figure out why Collins is sending out flyers... very interesting timing for sure.

Edited by A Girl is No one, 30 November 2020 - 03:04 PM.

#1859 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 03:11 PM

I can’t figure out why Collins is sending out flyers... very interesting timing for sure.

Most MPs do a quarterly mailout of some sort. No mystery.

• AndrewReeve, newbie_01 and Brayvehart like this

#1860 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 03:16 PM

I got a TV flyer delivered with the mail today (third one in a few weeks). Interestingly, it came with a Laurel Collins flyer.

ooo! Anything in there from Collins about paying us back $500,000 for her shiny new job? I mean, I can't find a single accomplishment during her 6 mo non-contribution. Called her for help once, my neighbour did on another occasion and ... crickets. Sad being the great unwashed when the super important people are too busy for ya. 

• Nparker, mbjj and A Girl is No one like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users