APPROVED
4080 Gordon Head Road
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 4080 Gordon Head Road
Municipality: Saanich
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 4
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR)
Sales status: in planning
4080 Gordon Head Road is a proposal to build a four-storey condominium complex (with a single ground level ret... (view full profile)
Learn more about 4080 Gordon Head Road on Citified.ca
Photo

[Gordon Head] 4080 Gordon Head Road | Condos; townhomes; retail | 4-storeys | Proposed

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,901 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 17 January 2024 - 01:54 PM

This seems like a very nimby attitude. The parking situation is a thing, but its relatively minor, and this development isn't going to significantly affect traffic.

I can't find any other large developments in the area on the Saanich tracker, so if theres something else coming, its a ways away.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#22 GaryOak

GaryOak
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 03:00 PM

I believe they are talking about the Serene, though I think it's a great project.
https://sebaconstruc...ent/the-serene/

#23 GaryOak

GaryOak
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 03:03 PM

Never mind wrong end of Gordon head

#24 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,901 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 17 January 2024 - 03:05 PM

Ah, ok, found it - https://online.saani...Number=DPR01058

#25 HarrisonGreene

HarrisonGreene
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 03:57 PM

This looks great. It should be built!

#26 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,768 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 01:57 PM

Does this mean Abstract Developments is no longer a part of this proposal?

They had an application for the property several years ago: https://victoria.cit...t-feltham-road/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#27 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 56,798 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 06:07 AM

Saanich residents will get a chance to weigh in on a Gordon Head mixed-use project promising 103 new homes at the corner of Gordon Head and Feltham roads.

Council unanimously moved Abstract Developments’ plans for a 70-unit apartment building and 23 townhomes to a public hearing this fall.

Mayor Dean Murdock noted the project was on council’s consent agenda Monday night, which means unless it is removed by a council member it is moved forward without discussion, in order to focus debate and garner public input at the public hearing.

“I suspect we’re going to hear a lot of input on it,” said Murdock, noting there were several residents at Monday night’s meeting that shared their concerns about the size of the project and the impact it would have on the neighbourhood, parking and traffic.

Murdock said the application has a lot going for it, but does not meet all of the conditions of the official community plan, which has triggered the need for a public hearing.

The public hearing will be a chance to air concerns and for the developer to try to assuage fears, he said.

https://www.timescol...hearing-9347646

Standeven said the design of the project should allow it to transition into the existing neighbourhood, while there are transportation alternatives – on-site car share, parking facilities and active transportation upgrades — that could address some of the traffic and parking concerns.

screenshot-www.google.com-2024.08.14-10_11_57.png

I really cannot see how this will cause traffic issues.  Feltham and Gordon Head are pretty solid routes here.

screenshot-www.saanich.ca-2024.08.14-10_14_32.png

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 14 August 2024 - 06:15 AM.

#28 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,901 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 August 2024 - 06:16 AM

Gordon head could use some tweaks in road design but otherwise yeah. This should be fine, but I expect some locals there won’t want the push of condos/apartments further into Gordon Head.

#29 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,798 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 06:18 AM

My guess is that 2/3 of the traffic to and from here will be via GHR, the other 1/3 Feltham.  And 85% that leave via GHR will turn right at McKenzie.

#30 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,901 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 August 2024 - 06:21 AM

Yeah. Which is why there will be some traffic issues because there already is, thanks to Saanich backing up McKenzie with lane diet.
  • Nparker likes this

#31 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,901 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 August 2024 - 06:23 AM

I’d actually not go down GH if you’re heading downtown. Suspect Feltham will be faster with a left on Shelbourne.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#32 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,798 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 06:27 AM

Ya, maybe, and the parking for most of it exits to Feltham:

post-4001-0-37538300-1579195619.jpg

That would make the exit decision easier.

#33 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,901 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 August 2024 - 06:31 AM

Oh for sure.

#34 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,901 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 August 2024 - 06:31 AM

Feltham, for most of it, is nice n wide. Comfortable drive.

#35 Saanich-head

Saanich-head
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 11:18 PM

I live literally right next to this and support the idea of the land being developed. I particularly support 3-bed units and Townhomes. Uvic otherwise sits on so much undeveloped land they need to expedite for student housing. My biggest issue by far with this plan is that this area of Gordon Head’s walk score is terrible. We’re a literal food/amenity desert out here for nearby walking amenities. About half of that apartment building should be reserved for mixed use commercial.
  • GaryOak likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users