Azteca Tacos and Grill 788 Yates St

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,607 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 07:23 PM

Our team does a bi-monthly work lunch and today we happened to choose this place literally on the corner of Yates and Blanshard: the bottom line is if you like Mexican this joint gets two thumbs way up. Its awesome grub. Its not a physically large space - the ten of us easily took up a third of it - but it more than makes up for lack of elbow room with outstanding food at reasonable prices and large portions.

I had an Aztecan Soup and carne asada (grilled beef) burrito and had to have half the burrito boxed up to be eaten at dinner.

The burrito's, the Parrillada Azteca and Flauta's (rolled tortillas with your choice of meat and other topping goodies) were all big hits with our group. They also offer a breakfast burrito, a kids menu, they do vegan and participate on Skip the Dishes, so there are plenty of options and lots to like about this new place. They don't yet have a website but here is a link to a bunch of Google reviews on the right hand side of the following page:

https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Go to the See Outside link, grab the screen with your cursor and pan right: this place occupies that tiny location between Brickyard Pizza and the Carnegie Building so you can see its not large. Its the old "Efes" space.

• gstc84 and Victoria Watcher like this

#2 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:59 PM

Do they serve beer and wine ?

#3 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,054 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:19 PM

does not look like alcohol.

young staff probably.

#4 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,607 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:11 PM

Do they serve beer and wine ?

/\  As it was a work lunch to be honest I never looked but as I recall there was no alcohol on the main menu; that said there might have been a separate booze only menu but I didn't notice it if it in fact exists. Guessing "no", offhand. 

The staff is certainly well into 'legal age years', the two guys there I believe are the partners in the biz. That said they are looking for more staff and certainty require a dedicated front counter/server person as both guys cook and one also does the counter/serving thing. Early days yet and there will no doubt be teething issues. The food was very tasty which is all I care about :).

• Mike K. likes this

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:33 PM

Can’t wait to try it.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users