[Saanich] 986-990 Doumac Avenue | Condos | 4-storeys | Proposed

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,073 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:41 AM

8-1 is decisive so I wonder if redev of the Doumac site is absolutely dead. Something needs to be done with this currently dead prime space. Will a revised proposal or a brand new plan emerge? I hope so.

I have a feeling that Doumac won't go anywhere until the old strip mall redevelops

#22 aastra

aastra
  • 15,472 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

Methinks Victoria might need to seek some counseling re: the lowrise apartment block thing. It's been a decades-long love affair and yet there sure is a lot of underlying tension there.

Victoria-DwellingType-ApartmentsFewerThanFiveStories.png

• Nparker likes this

#23 Keedan

Keedan
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

8-1 is decisive so I wonder if redev of the Doumac site is absolutely dead. Something needs to be done with this currently dead prime space. Will a revised proposal or a brand new plan emerge? I hope so.

It definitely won't be a revised proposal. Have to see where the plaza ends up first though.

#24 spanky123

spanky123
  • 13,296 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

It is not dead. The Jawls will buy the property from Citta and build a 21 story complex!

• Nparker likes this

#25 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 55,316 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:56 AM

To think that just up the road (literally) are newly-built four, six and eight-storey buildings.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#26 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

It definitely won't be a revised proposal. Have to see where the plaza ends up first though.

I screwed up my post re: Doumac. Its the plaza area I was thinking about but referred to it as the Doumac site, thanks for opening my eyes after a Senior/Doofus moment. I'm not surprised they voted it down.
The plaza should have an easier path and I would like to see it move ahead.

#27 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 1,701 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:57 AM

This proposal has been revived, albeit with fewer units. The original proposal was comprised of 25 residences and the new proposal has 17.

Plans-resurface-for-Cordova-Bay-neighbourhood's-986-990-Doumac-Avenue-condominium-proposal.jpg

Plans resurface for Cordova Bay neighbourhood's 986-990 Doumac Avenue condominium proposal

https://victoria.cit...inium-proposal/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#28 Nparker

Nparker
  • 25,476 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:59 AM

Too tall. Too dense. Won't somebody please think of the children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users