Photo

COVID ECONOMICS

• Please log in to reply
2604 replies to this topic

#2601 dasmo

dasmo
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 04:27 PM

I think that some workers have been told to, and they have simply said no. Short of employer reasons why they should come back, and not wanting to lose talent, some employers have relented.

Many were told to take a medical procedure and said no. They were fired. But I’m all for saying no. It’s my favourite word.

#2602 dasmo

dasmo
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 27 June 2022 - 06:13 AM

Congratulations to phx for having the last word on covid!!!!
  • phx likes this

#2603 dasmo

dasmo
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 27 June 2022 - 06:18 AM

#nodaycareforoldmen
  • Nparker likes this

#2604 dasmo

dasmo
  • 8,134 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:52 AM

“B.C. Ferries, which is struggling with staff shortages and cancelled sailings, is calling back employees who have been on leave without pay for successfully resisting to be vaccinated, after eliminating its vaccine mandate on Monday.”

And don’t forget the ones that quit because of the mandates. I hope they ask for repetitions AND stipulations in their contract that prevents this from happening again even though it was illegal. There is no provision for an employer to put you on leave without pay in the labour code.

https://www.timescol...te-ends-5505290

Edited by dasmo, Yesterday, 07:53 AM.

#2605 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 20,997 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted Yesterday, 09:36 AM

“B.C. Ferries, which is struggling with staff shortages and cancelled sailings, is calling back employees who have been on leave without pay for successfully resisting to be vaccinated, after eliminating its vaccine mandate on Monday.”

Congrats to the workers and many thanks to them for helping to breed new mutations of the virus :) 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users