UNDER CONSTRUCTION
One Bear Mountain
Use: condo
Address: 2000 Hannington Road
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Storeys: 18
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, 3BR + den)
Sales status: pre-sales
One Bear Mountain is an 18-storey condominium complex on Hannington Road at Langford's Bear Mountain community... (view full profile)
Learn more about One Bear Mountain on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford] One Bear Mountain | 18-storeys

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 07 November 2020 - 10:39 AM

Citified profile: https://victoria.cit...untain-elevate/

elevate-construction.jpg
Construction of The Highlander, a 14-storey condominium tower atop Langford's Bear Mountain, stalled in 2009 after the completion of four-storeys of concrete work. The concrete shell has remained at the Hannington Road construction site ever since. Work on a replacement project, known as Elevate, has begun.

Work resumes on stalled condo tower atop Langford's Bear Mountain; 13-storey Elevate condo scheduled for 2022 completion
https://victoria.cit...022-completion/
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 02:29 PM

I am a little confused after looking at the rendering then reading the Citified link: is this to be one or ultimately two mid rise buildings off the shared podium?

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 05:18 PM

Two joined towers, but there is so little info right now that for all we know the design changed. We’ll have to wait and see.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 07 November 2020 - 05:21 PM

Two joined towers, but there is so little info right now that for all we know the design changed. We’ll have to wait and see.

And Langford is one of those places with delegated Development Permits, i.e. approval is by staff not council, so much harder to hunt down drawings

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 07:12 PM

Indeed. It makes things a little tricky.

Know it all.

#6 Jehcoh

Jehcoh
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 04:37 PM

I've heard one tower with 17 storeys in total. If true, it's going to be a major eye sore

#7 2F2R

2F2R
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 06:20 PM

I've heard one tower with 17 storeys in total. If true, it's going to be a major eye sore

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ... I think it will be a thing of awesomeness ...

#8 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 08:01 PM

Eye sore unless you are blinded by self interest.

• yellow_baron likes this

#9 2F2R

2F2R
  • 673 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 05:16 PM

Eye sore unless you are blinded by self interest.

Good gravy ... 

#10 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 07:07 PM

What will it look like?

#11 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 07:15 PM

I think Highlander would have been fine. Unnecessarily self-conscious but fine. Soaring Peaks would have been goofy.

#12 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 07:24 PM

What will it look like?

Density needed  for bike lanes.  Of course Amsterdam has 4 to 5 stories as norm on almost all streets, but that would steamroll historic sites.

That is why Victoria will never have successful bike lanes from a climate change perspective.  They hate density.  

• Nparker likes this

#13 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 07:55 PM

Elevate has been sold by Ecoasis to 360 Pacifica and Terracap and the project has been renamed 1 Bear Mountain.

The concept appears considerably different from previous iterations.

I couldn't attach a PDF from their brochure to show what it looks like unfortunately.

Edited by LJ, 18 June 2021 - 07:55 PM.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#14 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,327 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 05:25 AM

Elevate has been sold by Ecoasis to 360 Pacifica and Terracap and the project has been renamed 1 Bear Mountain.

The concept appears considerably different from previous iterations.

I couldn't attach a PDF from their brochure to show what it looks like unfortunately.

the TC has a huge ad for 1 BM today.

https://onebearmountain.com/

300 days of sunshine per year!   one of the lowest rates in north america.  but it sounds good.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 June 2021 - 05:28 AM.

#15 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,327 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 05:38 AM

#16 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 05:43 AM

Wowzers. That’s quite the building.
  • yellow_baron likes this

Know it all.

#17 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 21 June 2021 - 08:43 AM

A swimming pool on the 15th floor will stand as the highest such amenity on the south Island.

West Shore's tallest building will rise as 18-storey One Bear Mountain with Capital's highest swimming pool

https://victoria.cit...annington-road/

Know it all.

#18 yellow_baron

yellow_baron
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 10:08 AM

Holy cow, that's a lovely design. Hopefully this brings some pause to sprawl and highlights the possibilities associated with condo living...

#19 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 10:53 AM

So Highlander was demolished at five storeys; I wonder if that's the capital region's largest building destroyed before completion.

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 11:14 AM

Quite honestly, I love it. It's a world-class building. It could be sleeker, but for what it is, and the shape of the lot, they've done an incredible job.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users