• Please log in to reply
2697 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:24 AM

It’s on.

Laurel Collins posted to Twitter asking to be nominated once more to run in Victoria: https://twitter.com/...6436244483?s=21

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:40 AM

Another election and I strongly suspect no one worth of my vote.

#3 johnk2

johnk2
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:26 PM

I'm surprised she still wants the job.

I figured she might be onward and upward to the next shiny object in the window like a senate seat where you don't even have  to show up to get paid.

#4 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:18 PM

I'm surprised she still wants the job.

I figured she might be onward and upward to the next shiny object in the window like a senate seat where you don't even have  to show up to get paid.

Well its not like she has to do much in Parliament as an NDP MP, complain about capitalism and the climate and make sure you are seen with all the right people for your fan club's approval

• Nparker, Victoria Watcher and JimV like this

#5 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,510 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 05:22 PM

She doesn't even show up on the NDP's federal party website - it still shows Randall Garrison as the region's MP. Apparently "webmaster" isn't a very high priority position for Jaggy & Co......

https://www.ndp.ca/team

#6 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,003 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 05:25 PM

Garrison is an MP. West Shore.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 24 January 2021 - 05:25 PM.

• JohnsonStBridge likes this

#7 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,510 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 05:35 PM

Garrison is an MP. West Shore.

Right you are: mixed him up with Murray Rankin, duh. All NDPer's look and side alike to me I guess. Two errors actually as there she is waaaaaay down at the bottom of the page. That all said since she just announced her pregnancy I wonder how or if that will impact her "critic" activities and responsibilities....

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 05:45 PM

Baby is due in April. She says her fiancé will travel with her when she needs to be in Ottawa and help out.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 05:53 PM

Why is it an error she's at the bottom of the page? Clearly it's organized by seniority/responsibility. Seems like you're making a lot of effort to say something pointlessly negative.

• John M. and Brayvehart like this

#10 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,510 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 06:25 PM

Why is it an error she's at the bottom of the page? Clearly it's organized by seniority/responsibility. Seems like you're making a lot of effort to say something pointlessly negative.

Seems like you are deliberately putting words in my mouth: where does my post say its an error? I'll wait.....

#11 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 06:51 PM

?

• Matt R. likes this

#12 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,510 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 06:59 PM

You asked "why is it an error that she's at the bottom of the page?" that Collins' pic/bio was at the bottom of the web page - its right there in your first sentence. I merely stated in response that I never said it was an error, nor did I imply it. So it appears you are putting words in my mouth. And/or making assumptions about my comment - which are not correct.

#13 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:00 PM

I now see you meant the second error was yours, not the NDP's. I thought you meant her position at the bottom of the page was an NDP error. You can put the heavy artillery away, it was my misinterpretation.

• Brayvehart likes this

#14 Jacques Cadé

Jacques Cadé
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:27 PM

It’s on.

Laurel Collins posted to Twitter asking to be nominated once more to run in Victoria: https://twitter.com/...6436244483?s=21

Anyway, this is a slim reed on which to base a prediction. Trudeau would be nuts to call an election now, as the variant numbers will peak right around the time of a spring vote. The NDP is getting ready, nothing more. Unless you've got inside info that Jagmeet plans to bring down the government, which would be political suicide, IMHO.

#15 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:49 AM

I think this would work out really well for the Liberals.

All they have to do is call O’Toole the second coming of Harper and it’s over.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.

#16 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,003 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:06 AM

the point of an election this early would normally be to get a majority not just extend the mandate slightly.  

not so sure that will be achieved if they go now.

• Rob Randall likes this

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:25 AM

The situation is ungovernable with Singh as the kingmaker.

Besides, Trudeau has to be thinking if it’s worth it to be the party that is responsible for untangling the fiscal mess we’re in. The Liberals might just want to gladly hand off the ugly truth to the next person, then hammer him or her for several years.

Know it all.

#18 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 25 January 2021 - 10:27 AM

KINSELLA: Trudeau seeks scapegoats instead of taking responsibility | Toronto Sun

Usually, when Justin Trudeau is looking for someone to throw to the lions, he prefers women.

Jane Philpott was one — she got kicked out of the Trudeau Liberal Party for telling the truth, and for refusing to go along with obstruction of justice. Oftentimes, however, Trudeau exhibits a fondness for scapegoats who are both women and minorities.

On a side note, looks like we may finally get a budget thats long overdue. If they dont call the election first that is. My gut says they may call the election then drop a major hammer with their budget if they win a majority. I'll wager GST increase to 7% to start

• A Girl is No one likes this

#19 johnk2

johnk2
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:56 AM

I think this would work out really well for the Liberals.

All they have to do is call O’Toole the second coming of Harper and it’s over.

Not necessary. Just let O'Tool continue being a tool. These hopeless klowns are still flogging dead horses.

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 12:03 PM

Why take the time to write something like that? What are you hoping to add to this conversation, or achieve, exactly?

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users