Photo

Global Virus Activity

• Please log in to reply
750 replies to this topic

#681 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 04:51 PM

Max if you read my earlier comments you would have seen that I had already said that my 20.5 times more in the unvaccinated group was not  appropriate and a misleading  statement. If you looked at some of my sample readings both RRR and ARR have been  often used before covid and there was an active debate about the use of those numbers  and in drawing conclusions within the medical communityThe CDC recommends that both be reported in clinical trials.

Both sides in the debate have misused statistics to support a stance.

Of course the CDC recommends that clinical trial medical literature include both ARR and RRR in scientific literature.

But we're not talking about that.

We're talking about mainstream communication that decided to use RRR to describe the effectiveness of the vaccine.

It's the Pfizer-led, CDC-endorsed, government of BC press releases and mainstream media communication that communicated only the RRR - without precedent, against common sense usage of the word 'effectiveness', and totally devoid of any explanation of ARR vs RRR.

I feel strongly about this because the video I posted above got me landed in Facebook jail for sharing anti-vax misinformation. 

So I'm with dasmo on this -- I have a hard time with the 'both sides are wrong' argument. 

One side intentionally misled people on the effectiveness of the vaccine. The other side was vilified for trying to point it out.

Edited by max.bravo, 25 March 2024 - 04:53 PM.

• Nparker and phx like this

#682 phx

phx
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 06:23 PM

Don't worry, lots were getting sick in Ontario...attachicon.gif Capture.JPG

The Ontario numbers were higher than during the summer, but still not high. 

Really, the “Triple-Demic !!!” the media were hyping turned out to be a non-event most everywhere.

Anyhow, covid is still around so be sure to keep up with your quarterly vaccination.

#683 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 06:59 PM

...covid is still around so be sure to keep up with your quarterly vaccination.

Hilarious.  :lol:

• dasmo likes this

#684 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 07:02 PM

It’s a subscription model. I also called that one….
  • Nparker likes this

#685 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 07:19 PM

Max, Tony and dasmo research the sxxt out of stuff, ain't nobody got time for that.

• Matt R. and dasmo like this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#686 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 07:53 PM

Max, Tony and dasmo research the sxxt out of stuff, ain't nobody got time for that.

I don't either. Nothing like your family being threatened for you to make time. This was old research for me. I'm not doing much anymore. Threat seems to be gone. For now.... 

#687 phx

phx
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 08:28 PM

Anyhow, covid is still around so be sure to keep up with your quarterly vaccination.

Oh, and don’t forget to double mask!

#688 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 09:29 PM

I just make everything up as I’m typing.
  • Matt R., Sparky and dasmo like this

#689 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 09:50 PM

I just make everything up as I’m typing.

Congratulations! You've met the qualifications for the PMO's Director of Communications.

• LJ likes this

#690 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,047 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 10:50 PM

Mike K is Dasmo and Tony anyways.
  • dasmo likes this

#691 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,054 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 05:53 AM

Against her will

Kir Anvik is injected every month with a medicine she believes is doing more harm than good. But doctors are forcing her to take it

https://www.capitald...ections-abilify

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 March 2024 - 05:53 AM.

#692 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 06:53 AM

Under B.C.’s Mental Health Act, involuntarily detained patients like Kir are not only stripped of their right to refuse treatment, they are unable to appoint a trusted friend or family member to act as a substitute decision maker.

If Kir doesn’t show up for monthly injections, she’ll set off what she calls a traumatic chain of events: her family doctor will alert her case manager, who will alert her psychiatrist, who will sign a medical warrant authorizing police to bring her to the hospital so she can be forcibly injected.

#693 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,348 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 26 March 2024 - 07:35 AM

So isn't that directly relevant to the debate about whether we should be putting people into institutions a la Riverview instead of on the street? I imagine if folks are in a place like that, it might not be voluntary, and they might be required to take medications or drugs - methadone for example.

#694 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 07:53 AM

Not really. In the case of people destroying public spaces and committing crimes and harming the community then yes, a proportional use of force is justified. But proof of harm should be present and a process of fair justice.

With this woman where is the proof of harm? And how is a doctors opinion remotely justifiable as fair judgment?

#695 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,348 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 26 March 2024 - 03:17 PM

I mean, a doctors opinion is justifiable to allow killing yourself...

• dasmo likes this

#696 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 03:23 PM

Anyone can kill themselves without permission. MAID is just legal protocol so they get to kill you instead.  :banana:

#697 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 03:30 PM

To be fair, most public bodies are trying to kill us; they just prefer using slower methods like over taxation, freedom crushing legislation and arcane regulations.

• LJ and dasmo like this

#698 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 08:46 AM

https://www.thestar....e9ad56b2f3.html

B.C. launches spring COVID-19 booster program, targeting vulnerable and unvaccinated
VICTORIA - British Columbia is rolling out another round of COVID-19 vaccination boosters, with invitations starting to go out Monday.

If the unvaccinated wouldn’t get the jab in 2020, what makes the gov think they’ll want it now? 🤔

#699 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 09:21 AM

For some reason, yesterday I received an email from a pharmacy I have never dealt with about this. Needless to say I added the sender to my spam/blocked email list.

#700 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 09:25 AM

This is why....

Canada has ordered more than 400 million COVID-19 vaccine shots

https://www.cbc.ca/n...eport-1.6034624

Edited by dasmo, 09 April 2024 - 09:26 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

dasmo