Global Virus Activity

• Please log in to reply
808 replies to this topic

#761 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,364 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 11:40 AM

I certainly would have died if I was in my 80's and already dying of multiple comorbidities. 

#762 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,364 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 12:20 PM

What? It's widely known that flu cases dropped to virtually zero during the distancing and masking measures...

Got it. You make the claim that Etsy masks while standing up in the busy restaurants to go to the bathroom and elbow bumps killed the flu. And I need to prove you wrong?

#763 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 12:24 PM

It was more the handwashing and distancing and quality masks as we all know. You’re trolling hard these days.
  • sebberry likes this

#764 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 55,545 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 12:28 PM

It was more the handwashing and distancing and quality masks as we all know. You’re trolling hard these days.

I think the problem is that nothing has proven that any of these tactics (incluing business closures) made a bit of difference to the spread of the virus, or to deaths.

• Nparker and dasmo like this

#765 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 12:38 PM

Right. We don’t do common sense anymore, I forgot.
  • sebberry and Victoria Watcher like this

#766 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,364 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 12:39 PM

Except for the massive BLM protests. There wasn't much distancing there. Nor in the busy restaurants. I barely saw a quality mask. The surgical ones clearly state they do noting right on the package. One man's troll is another's pointing out the obvious. 

I am ok with you having your beliefs. Especially now they aren't being forced on me. But I am in constant awareness that they could be. So I choose to counter comment as I see it. You can call it trolling, but it's not. Perhaps it has an edge of clowning but it's clown world. 

#767 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 12:39 PM

Handwashing, who knew right?

Edited by Matt R., 01 May 2024 - 12:39 PM.

#768 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,364 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 12:41 PM

Handwashing, who knew right?

How do you know there was more handwashing? I do remember the recalls on the sanitizers though. That was harsh. 

Recall of certain hand sanitizers that may pose health risks (Part 1 - June 17, 2020 to March 24, 2021)

https://recalls-rapp...0-march-24-2021

#769 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 12:54 PM

Because I buy soap and paper towels for a living and can see when usage goes up.
  • dasmo likes this

#770 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,364 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 01:45 PM

Because I buy soap and paper towels for a living and can see when usage goes up.

Did they stop? 

• Matt R. likes this

#771 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 04:47 PM

You guys will never convince each other with that kind of rhetoric.

The evidence you should look for is: whether the diagnostic criteria we used for COVID-19 is/was/could be conflated with flu diagnoses. ie., what were the different ways COVID diagnosed, and is there any evidence that influenza could throw a false positive for COVID…. Now that would be worth looking into.
  • Nparker likes this

#772 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,364 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 05:08 PM

You guys will never convince each other

• Matt R. likes this

#773 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 07:03 PM

The evidence you should look for is: whether the diagnostic criteria we used for COVID-19 is/was/could be conflated with flu diagnoses. ie., what were the different ways COVID diagnosed, and is there any evidence that influenza could throw a false positive for COVID…. Now that would be worth looking into.

Did they stop?

Back to normal.

#774 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 07:04 PM

You guys will never convince each other

I think we are generally agreeable. I’m not worried about Dasmo seeing everything I see, and vice versa. I have no doubt we’ll be laughing over our apple juice at the next VV/Chek 6 meetup.
  • dasmo and Victoria Watcher like this

#775 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,364 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 07:23 PM

I would share a juice with you and most definitely would not talk about Covid, that’s for sure!

#776 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,364 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 07:41 AM

I don’t think WE should be paying this. The liability protection should be lifted against the Pharmaceutical companies OR at the very least a percentage of their profits should go to fund these injury claims. Especially when it is such a small dollar amount compared to the insane profits they made….

Vaccine injury compensation fund gets additional $36M from feds.
https://globalnews.c...pensation-fund/
  • Nparker likes this

#777 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 08:57 AM

Why would there need to be a vaccine injury compensation fund if the vaccines are safe and effective?

Surely the government would never coerce (by threatening job loss) its employees and citizens into taking an experimental vaccine that might’ve had life altering side effects. That would be unethical, wouldn’t it? Maybe even violate the Geneva convention, technically?
  • Nparker and dasmo like this

#778 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,012 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 01:49 PM

I don’t think WE should be paying this. The liability protection should be lifted against the Pharmaceutical companies OR at the very least a percentage of their profits should go to fund these injury claims. Especially when it is such a small dollar amount compared to the insane profits they made….

Vaccine injury compensation fund gets additional $36M from feds.
https://globalnews.c...pensation-fund/

Our governments will say they will hold the grocery industry accountable, over their 3% margins, and then turn around and use the pharmaceutical companies we blamed for the opiate addiction explosion, to supply 'safe supply' to addicts, with the blessing of the governments.

That podcast Watcher board to our attention on safe supply is quite the thing.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#779 todd

todd
  • 12,923 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 08:26 PM

“First-ever human death of bird flu strain H5N2 confirmed in Mexico: WHO“: https://globalnews.c...exico-h5n2/amp/

IMG_9587.jpeg

#780 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,018 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 08:29 PM

I assume all birds will be ordered to wear masks and disclose their medical history before they are allowed to fly.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users