New restaurant review

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 FogPub

FogPub
  • 981 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 October 2021 - 12:27 AM

Honestly Matt you seem to have your poop together so I would not be surprised that you were in the top tier!

My own observations locally are that things have slowed down since the vaccination mandate came into force. I go out a few times a week and the restaurants I go to are definitely not as busy.

You must frequent different places than I, then, as I've noticed if anything a slight uptick since the vax mandate began.

Quite a few places are short-staffed, though, which means they might have to close sections - which would make it look emptier. :)

#22 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 28 October 2021 - 08:05 AM

A&W reaches agreement to launch trial of Pret A Manger chain in Canada - Vancouver Is Awesome

This is massive! Pret is great!!!

A&W reaches agreement to launch trial of Pret A Manger chain in Canada
VANCOUVER — A&W Revenue Royalties Income Fund says it has reached an agreement in principle with the U.K.-based Pret A Manger chain to bring the sandwich and coffee chain to Canada.

#23 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,453 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 08:08 AM

Yup, it’s a decent cafe chain. So if the Brits can get Tim Hortons I guess Canadians can get Pret.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#24 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 08:51 AM

Pret a manger is a regular stop for me when I spend time in the U.K. Looking forward to seeing what the Canadian iteration will be.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#25 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 06:39 PM

Meh Pret used to be okay. Last time I went to one in NYC it was terrible.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#26 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 10:38 PM

Since I'm unable to enjoy our wonderful restaurant scene at the moment can someone fill me in on what I'm missing?

I had been dining out 3-4 times a month pre vaccine pass. My loss right? 

I have saved a small fortune over the last 6 months and enjoyed some delicious meals at home. I have become very creative in a bid to re-create an ambience at home. 

TFord 

#27 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:09 AM

You're missing the Dine Around Victoria. I always relish the chance to try out some new restaurants or re-experience some oldies but goodies. We pour over the menus and select one restaurant for each of the three weeks of the event.

• Nparker likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users