Gyms and exercise facilties

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,718 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 09 April 2024 - 02:46 PM

connect them with a wire, and tell them they're connected now so go take a hike.

#22 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,646 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 03:32 PM

They are all wired together, waiting to see if that's good enough. Should only been 4-6 weeks for an answer on that one.  It's been an interesting process and something new. I couldn't imaging trying to actually build anything here.  These are just craned into place some concrete footings, barely more than paving stones.

If we turned one into a gym, I would even be on topic.

• Nparker likes this

#23 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 55,563 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 03:34 PM

lol.

#24 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,024 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 03:45 PM

...If we turned one into a gym, I would even be on topic.

Let's not get too crazy.

#25 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 55,563 posts

Posted 17 July 2024 - 10:26 AM

It was a first for Victoria and the province: a gym designed for people with disabilities, but Move Adaptive Fitness has suddenly found themselves in the red.

“This all stems from a breach of duty from our former treasurer. Taxes were not paid for a number of months, and we did not know,” said Joanne Rogers, founder of Move Adaptive Fitness.

Rogers says the board found out about the negligence when they were told they’d lost their charity status. They owe $125,000 in past due taxes to the CRA, and that’s also just the start of the malpractice.

“It turns out we’re also behind in our rent,” said Rogers.

Rogers says since they lost their charity status, their accountant, aside from giving the gym another accountant’s information, has ghosted them.

“No, we haven’t spoken face to face with her since it all happened,” said Rogers.

https://www.cheknews...ations-1214531/

Odd.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 17 July 2024 - 10:27 AM.

#26 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,718 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 17 July 2024 - 10:34 AM

I skimmed through their blog post. What stands out to me is that they didn't seem to get annual, quality audits. Audits should have uncovered these issues back in 2022 or so.

• Nparker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users