Durrance Lake

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,614 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 11:56 AM

What an awesome gem of a lake/recreational place this is. Its been our 'get a fishing fix go-to' place whenever we are so inclined but not heading out for 'serious' fishing up island or on the mainland. The path around the lake takes 45 mins - an hour which we did at 6:30 this morning. Then we spent two hours fishing off the dedicated fishing dock - caught four beautiful rainbow trout - then since we were heated up donned the swimming shorts and dove in for a refreshing swim. Pretty full day for day one of vacation and all achieved before 11am :)

The lake water temperature is perfect for a splash on a warm day BTW; and there is a ton of wildlife out there including eagles, otters and mink. We had so many trout at one point one of the boys tossed one of them up in the air so that a very watchful nearby eagle swooped down and snagged a tasty breakfast. Also lots and lots of dog walkers out there for those looking for a great place to exercise man's best friend. Our region is so lucky to have places like this so nearby.....

#2 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,068 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 11:57 AM

The beauty of Work From Home.

Also feeding wild birds 🦅 is not legal.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 May 2023 - 11:58 AM.

#3 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,614 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 12:06 PM

Well vacation is vacation whether you WFH or the office and I'm on vacation officially for the next 12 days. The eagle was not "fed".....the fish just somehow wound up in his beak. I dunno how that happened as my back was turned while I was busy resetting my gear. Perhaps it was one of those very rare "flying" rainbow trout.

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 12:37 PM

It’s a change from the food a dump, that’s for sure.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users