Tattoo statistics

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,154 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 05:08 AM

Tattoo USA: One-Third Of Americans Have Ink As Industry Projected To Hit $4 Billion

Almost one-third of American adults are permanently inked, a new Pew Research Center poll said Tuesday, pointing to increasing popularity of tattoos among people of all genders, races and political ideologies, which is expected to push the industry to a whopping $3.9 billion by 2030.

https://www.forbes.c...sh=7736852321e0

Women are more likely to have tattoos than men, the data shows—27% of men have tattoos compared to 38% of women who admitted to getting inked, including 56% of women between the ages of 18 and 29.

Tattoos have experienced a rise in popularity largely since the 1970s but more abruptly in the last 15 to 20 years—21% of people said they had tattoos in 2012 and 30% said they were inked in 2019.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 August 2023 - 05:08 AM.

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,817 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 06:35 AM

There are going to be a lot of really ugly seniors in 50 years.
  • AllseeingEye and Victoria Watcher like this

#3 dkuitu

dkuitu
  • 397 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 August 2023 - 07:16 AM

There are going to be a lot of really ugly seniors in 50 years.

I'm 35. I have most of my upper body tattooed. In my old age I'm less concerned about how my tattoos will look and more concerned about real health issues that inevitably happen with old age.

#4 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 07:19 AM

My Dad had tattoos on the bottom of both feet. Not uncommon in his generation. Wanted to make sure that the wife would get the benifits.

#5 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,154 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 07:20 AM

Why have tattoos become so mainstream?

Untitled-5.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 August 2023 - 07:22 AM.

#6 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,817 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 07:46 AM

Why have tattoos become so mainstream?..

Because people have become more and more followers and less likely to think for themselves.

#7 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,351 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 16 August 2023 - 08:44 AM

My Dad had tattoos on the bottom of both feet. Not uncommon in his generation. Wanted to make sure that the wife would get the benifits.

I've never heard of that practice. What does the last sentence mean in relation to tattooing your sole?

#8 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,627 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 09:42 AM

Not especially my jam but to each their own I suppose. I do have one small discreet masonic symbol on the back of my neck but that's it. IMHO too many people go way overboard; I understand from one of them who happens to be my oldest buddy and who, for whatever reason, has got several large and very prominent tattoos over the last year, the practice can be almost addictive for some folks including him, by his own admission. 

#9 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,154 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 09:44 AM

Not especially my jam but to each their own I suppose. I do have one small discreet masonic symbol on the back of my neck but that's it. IMHO too many people go way overboard; I understand from one of them who happens to be my oldest buddy and who, for whatever reason, has got several large and very prominent tattoos over the last year, the practice can be almost addictive for some folks including him, by his own admission. 

It's gone from next to zero females with tattoos in the 80's to more females than males having them now.

screenshot-www.google.com-2023.08.16-13_44_42.png

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 August 2023 - 09:47 AM.

#10 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 09:57 AM

I think that there’s going to be a growing career niche in tattoo removal over the next 15 - 20 years..  ^Woman above looks ‘great’ (if you’re into that sort of thing) now, but what 20 -something doesn’t look great with tight skin, and few wrinkles; give her 20, 30 years, and we’ll see…

• Nparker likes this
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#11 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:06 AM

The tattoo on the bottom of the feet had your military's serial number. When people got hit by either land mines or artillery the most likely thing left was your boot with some of your foot in it. It was proof of death and triggered widows benefits as opposed to MIA. Did not want to leave the family wondering and also gave something to bury. 

• lanforod likes this

#12 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,817 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:06 AM

Tattoos used to be about expressing one's individuality. Now they are about being just like everyone else.

#tattooedsheeple

• Dr. Barillas and mbjj like this

#13 catfluff

catfluff
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 07:17 PM

When I envision a tattooed senior that is sagging all over, I can’t help but think of their tattoos looking like a stretched silly putty imprint of a comic.

• Nparker and Barrrister like this

#14 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,595 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 07:08 AM

Not especially my jam but to each their own I suppose. I do have one small discreet masonic symbol on the back of my neck but that's it.

Not a crazy weirdo satanic cult, eh? 😎

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#15 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,627 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 09:27 AM

Not a crazy weirdo satanic cult, eh?

No satanic worshippers at this household..... :bow:

• Mike K. likes this

#16 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 747 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 08:50 PM

Another thing is women that pluck out their eyebrows, then get them tattooed on. It really doesn't make sense.
  • Nparker, AllseeingEye and Dr. Barillas like this

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,595 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 07:23 AM

@ASE, not here.

You can post that stuff elsewhere, thank you.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#18 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,627 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 08:34 AM

@ASE, not here.

You can post that stuff elsewhere, thank you.

The image of a ring??

#19 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,595 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 09:10 AM

If we want more info on your cult, remember we know where to get it 🥳

Know it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users