Developer Earl Large to give away 3,000 books

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,142 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 04:35 AM

So last year, the 87-year-old collaborated with artists around the world to finally publish 40 years of his thoughts and musings, resulting in Living Large, The Coffee Table Book that will Change Your Life, a 225-page collection he describes as words of encouragement and contemplation.

Large published 12,000 copies and has sold most of them through Amazon and other online portals, but now wants to give 3,000 copies away to the people of the Victoria in the spirit of the holidays and a way of saying thank you to the community that’s supported him over the years.

“When I turned 40, to keep me sane, I started writing a poem on the first day of every month,” says Large. “And I finally thought ‘why don’t I put them into a book?’ I can tell you that it was fun to put together.

https://www.timescol...mmunity-7983290

Large is best known as a builder and part of the Large family with his two brothers that built the Country Grocer chain of grocery stores on Vancouver Island and Salt Spring Island.

He’s also been a prolific home and apartment builder and operated one of the city’s first data collection and storage centre businesses, and did upgrades and fixes for networks of computers for all the major computer companies, at one time having 26 branches across B.C.

If you want a free copy of Large’s book, he encourages people to drop by his office during business hours at 607 Vancouver St., at Fairfield Road.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 15 December 2023 - 04:37 AM.

#2 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,142 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 10:34 AM

A little bit more about the Large family and Datatech.

https://vichigh.com/...han-Life-V2.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users