Photo

Drake v. Kendrick Lamar Rap Dispute

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 11:46 PM

In case you like your soap operas urban, there’s a serious beef happening between Drake and Kendrick Lamar.

Both are releasing diss tracks at a rapid rate. Pretty dark allegations. Some decent music too.

https://www.rollings...ned-1235015540/

Since Kendrick Lamar took aim at Drake with his verse on Future and Metro Boomin’s “Like That” in March, the Compton and Canadian rappers have traded dozens of dark verses (and counting) in a beef unlike any before it.

Their war of words hit a crescendo on the weekend of May 3, but tensions have been simmering for years. Here we’ll break down every major development in their battle since late March.

• Matt R. likes this

#2 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,218 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 12:11 AM

I think we’re on round seven now, it’s been fantastic. Haven’t had a good beef in a long time!

#3 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,781 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 05:29 AM

Ya, since I won the beef with Ismo it’s been a bit boring around here.
  • Matt R. likes this

#4 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,666 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 05:31 AM

I have purposefully avoided learning about this “dispute” as it’s likely just made up.

So I’m not even interested in learning any details.

#5 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,666 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 05:32 AM

Plus I don’t get the appeal of either of their music. Neither guy is particularly attractive either.

I’d rather date Snoop Dog if I had to choose.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 May 2024 - 05:33 AM.

#6 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,781 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 05:42 AM

Yo yo yo, listen up, I pity the fool,
Who thinks Watcher’s got some cool.
He's old and grumpy, stuck in his ways,
While I'm out here, livin' like it's a haze.

Victoria Watcher, more like Victoria Snoozer,
I'd rather chill with Snoop, be his cruiser.
He’s like a clock that's lost its tick,
While I'm kickin' it with Snoop, gettin' real slick.

I pity his mood, all sour and blue,
While Snoop's droppin' beats, keepin' it true.
So step aside, V-dub, let me through,
I'm rollin' with Snoop, that's what I do.

So next time you see me, don't give no flack,
Just know I'm with Snoop, ain't lookin' back.
V’s old news, stuck in the past,
While Snoop and I, we're gonna last.

Edited by dasmo, 07 May 2024 - 05:43 AM.

• Matt R. and max.bravo like this

#7 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,185 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 05:58 AM

SECURITY !!!!!!!
  • Matt R. likes this

#8 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,666 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 07:00 AM

Canadian rap star Drake's mega-mansion is at the centre of an investigation into a shooting that left a man badly injured, a police source told CBC Toronto.

The entrance to the sprawling property on Park Lane Circle in the ritzy Bridle Path neighbourhood was taped off by officers early Tuesday. There was a heavy police presence in the area throughout the morning.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...rence-1.7196240

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 May 2024 - 07:00 AM.

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,876 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 07:03 AM

Gotta sell those Spotify streams, yo.
  • dasmo likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, while I’m sure this is good for business… I don’t think this is a manufactured beef. Kendrick Lamar is the real deal, and he’s been very vocal about his lack of respect for Drake, who is a complete industry plant. Drake has no street cred, and Kendrick is a rap purist.
If you follow Kendrick Lamar‘s story arc as an artist, everything he’s calling out Drake for lines up with his values. Drake keeps calling for peace… But I think this is going to get crazier. Kendrick won’t stop until Drake is outed as the phoney he really is. It’s personal, and runs deep for KL

#11 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:24 AM

Plus I don’t get the appeal of either of their music. Neither guy is particularly attractive either.

I’d rather date Snoop Dog if I had to choose.

If you’re familiar with West Coast rap from the 90s, you might like some of Kendrick Lamar’s catalogue. Good kid MAAD city is a legitimately great gangster rap album. Probably the best one in 20 years . To pimp a butterfly is more socially conscious album, so not really my thing, but it displays his genius lyricism.

I’m not really a rap music fan, but Kendrick Lamar is extremely talented. He IS rap music. And his rise to fame was almost unwilling on his part. He’s out to destroy Drake and save the genre.

#12 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,781 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:31 AM

I find myself not caring still! 

I saw Ice Cube at the arena with my son. I wouldn't swear the west coast oath though....  I was curious if he just doesn't tour the east coast? 

• Matt R. likes this

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,876 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:50 AM

Yeah, while I’m sure this is good for business… I don’t think this is a manufactured beef. Kendrick Lamar is the real deal, and he’s been very vocal about his lack of respect for Drake, who is a complete industry plant. Drake has no street cred, and Kendrick is a rap purist.
If you follow Kendrick Lamar‘s story arc as an artist, everything he’s calling out Drake for lines up with his values.

Oh I don’t know about that. I think Drake is hitting a little close to home. They’re both studio gangsters, and I don’t think a rap purist performs for football fans at the Super Bowl.

They’re both juvenile old men who should know better. They’re both an embarrassment. Any man who has “beefs” with others that he draws others in over is just sad, lol.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#14 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,781 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:59 AM

I'm going to make an Ismo dis rap. Maybe draw him back in. 

#15 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,876 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:02 AM

Let’s be nice to each other. Drake and Kendrick Lamar are multi-millionaire egomaniacs who think they matter, and think the rest of us should care.

Like Toronto. They’re the Toronto of the universe, self-important and never invited to the party until a few cool people can’t make it (and we all know they were not invited, until later, also Toronto had to bring liquor).

Know it all.

#16 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,781 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:07 AM

I think attention is being nice. If someone wrote a dis track about me I would love it. But not everyone has a sense of humour. That is evident. 

• Matt R. likes this

#17 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,218 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:18 AM

You know Lamar won a Pulitzer Prize for one of his albums? Look at the company he keeps on that list.

Drake couldn’t even not get shot on Degrassi.
  • Victoria Watcher and max.bravo like this

#18 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,666 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:24 AM

Drake couldn’t even not get shot on Degrassi.

He recovered well though.  From a wheelchair to not even a limp when walking.

• Matt R. and max.bravo like this

#19 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,218 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:48 AM

Just the first of many shots.

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,876 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:50 AM

Rough.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users